Author Topic: Dat mysterious Bedrock  (Read 9009 times)

Offline ChaosMushrooms (OP)

• Member of Parliament
  • Cheese
  • Llamas: 0
  • ckiens
    • View profile
Dat mysterious Bedrock
« on: 4 January 2013, 06:44:03 AM »

Hey everyone. I'd like to mention the fact that today when I logged in, a sand block that was in my village yesterday has mysteriously changed into bedrock overnight. I checked the logs using logblock but there's no sign of any kind of action with Bedrock. Following that, I have no idea how it has gotten there and I would appreciate it if an admin could remove it/ help me solve the mystery. Thanks.

Note: I have blurred out the co-ords on the screenshot for obvious reasons.

Offline TheCatsMangler

• Member of Parliament
  • Cheese
  • Llamas: -3
    • View profile
Re: Dat mysterious Bedrock
« Reply #1 on: 4 January 2013, 07:18:39 AM »
Its had babys, My showcases where gone due to fixes, I was going to tell runek and then today I found bedrock.

Exactly like chaoses, logblock shows nothing.

Offline Aysun

• Member of Parliament
  • Cheese
    • View profile
« Reply #2 on: 4 January 2013, 08:44:30 AM »
LOL wtf! This should be interesting to figure out. O_o

Kovos_Datch

« Reply #3 on: 4 January 2013, 09:27:49 AM »
Well I did a little research on the internet only to come up with nothing.

I poked Catty and Chaos for more info, and here is what I found:
-Both were offline when this happened
-Both instances affected showcases
-Both instances (supposedly) happened overnight (England time)

I believe I will ask around on the server today to see if this happened to anyone else.

Offline Aysun

• Member of Parliament
  • Cheese
    • View profile
« Reply #4 on: 4 January 2013, 09:29:11 AM »
If it's a showcase thing I'm blaming Runek. :)

Offline Aysun

• Member of Parliament
  • Cheese
    • View profile
« Reply #5 on: 4 January 2013, 09:29:48 AM »
(Because he was working on showcase stuff last night. I think.)

• Member of Parliament
  • Cheese
  • ckiens
    • View profile
« Reply #6 on: 4 January 2013, 09:49:06 AM »
Also Runek is a massive troll. Trollneck.

Kovos_Datch

« Reply #7 on: 4 January 2013, 09:57:40 AM »
Luis informed me that when he attempted to removed the sand block the showcase was on while keeping the showcase (in Chaos' and his village [which I am assuming that is Chaos' pic]). They wanted to see if you could remove a showcase by destroying the block.

Chaos' showcase specs are:
-A sand block selling 2 paper

Catty's showcase specs are:
- Smooth stone slab selling an enchanted piece of armor and an enchanted sword

Awesomeofpower apparently bought catty's equipment, but then did /scs undo. Another nice piece of information:
Catty also tried breaking the showcase by breaking the slabs.

Both people tried to remove their showcases in the same manner the past day or two and both showcase turned to bedrock. I am currently doing an experiment on my own. I set up a slab selling 1 torch for $1. I tried to break the block, and I will wait a day to see if it turns to bedrock.

Offline Runek

• Cheese
  • Where there's a Shadow, there's a Light.
    • View profile
« Reply #8 on: 4 January 2013, 10:29:17 AM »
I'll take a look at this when I can get on.

In the meantime, I HIGHLY recommend avoiding using showcases for the moment. This plugin is having massive issues. :-\

Kovos_Datch

« Reply #9 on: 4 January 2013, 10:36:13 AM »

In the meantime, I HIGHLY recommend avoiding using showcases for the moment. This plugin is having massive issues. :-\

Some people were also complaining about their enchants going missing and I saw a few showcases that were wiped because of the rollbacks.

Case is still open  ???

Offline Runek

• Cheese
  • Where there's a Shadow, there's a Light.
    • View profile
« Reply #10 on: 4 January 2013, 11:55:21 AM »

Some people were also complaining about their enchants going missing and I saw a few showcases that were wiped because of the rollbacks.

It's actually not the rollbacks - though they are contributing.

Showcase itself is having a heartattack for some reason - I haven't had the chance to look into it in detail yet.

I'm working this weekend, but I'll do my best to try and investigate what's going on when I can.

Please pass on to everyone to avoid showcase with enchanted/written items, and any items they don't want to risk losing.

Sorry for the inconvenience - Hopefully Showcase will update soon. :)

Case is still open  ???

Offline Akomine

• Staff Member | Administrator
  • Cheese
  • Llamas: 666
  • Meep Meep
    • View profile
« Reply #11 on: 4 January 2013, 12:58:27 PM »
Any player found with bedrock in their towns will be banned.

No just kidding, but I too recommend NOT using showcase for the time being. When bukkit updated, it altered the way certain things are handled, and showcase was hit hard by the changes. As such, the dev raced to get a playable version out (and did), but it is not yet stable. I'll add a news item that reminds people to avoid showcases temporarily.

Ako is gay and has superaids - Air

Kovos_Datch

« Reply #12 on: 4 January 2013, 06:24:37 PM »
Any player found with bedrock in their towns will be banned.

No just kidding, but I too recommend NOT using showcase for the time being. When bukkit updated, it altered the way certain things are handled, and showcase was hit hard by the changes. As such, the dev raced to get a playable version out (and did), but it is not yet stable. I'll add a news item that reminds people to avoid showcases temporarily.

Cool, and I will keep this thread open in case there is any more scs problems that need reporting.

Offline TheCatsMangler

• Member of Parliament
  • Cheese
    • View profile
« Reply #13 on: 5 January 2013, 04:01:03 PM »
Aysun can I point out to you that 100% of your posts here are a waste of space and have no use or meaning, all im trying to say is SHUT UP, you are really annoying me with loads of posts that a normal member would be told not too post.  :)

Kovos_Datch

« Reply #14 on: 5 January 2013, 04:12:06 PM »
Aysun can I point out to you that 100% of your posts here are a waste of space and have no use or meaning, all im trying to say is SHUT UP, you are really annoying me with loads of posts that a normal member would be told not too post.  :)

And that post accomplished nothing.

On a side note, my experiment did not turn up anything. The showcase I set up and tried to turn to bedrock is still fine.... so the mystery is still a mystery. I will keep the showcase up just in case.

Offline Airbongo

• Cheese
  • Llamas: 69
  • Eh, what's up, doc?
    • View profile
« Reply #15 on: 5 January 2013, 04:21:22 PM »

Catty...all of your posts are a load of badly written shit and no one is complaining. Her posts are actually useful.

Kovos_Datch

« Reply #16 on: 5 January 2013, 04:22:35 PM »

Catty...all of your posts are a load of badly written shit and no one is complaining. Her posts are actually useful.

Can we stop derailing this thread?

Thanks.

Offline Airbongo

• Cheese
  • Llamas: 69
  • Eh, what's up, doc?
    • View profile
« Reply #17 on: 5 January 2013, 05:12:15 PM »

Can we stop derailing this thread?

Thanks.

Offline TheCatsMangler

• Member of Parliament
  • Cheese
    • View profile
« Reply #18 on: 6 January 2013, 10:43:26 AM »

On a side note, my experiment did not turn up anything. The showcase I set up and tried to turn to bedrock is still fine.... so the mystery is still a mystery. I will keep the showcase up just in case.
At least I don't spam them like she does, none of them have actually had anything to say about them apart from like  you're on weed "Wow this will be hard to find out"

Offline Aysun

• Member of Parliament
  • Cheese
    • View profile
« Reply #19 on: 6 January 2013, 12:17:05 PM »

At least I don't spam them like she does, none of them have actually had anything to say about them apart from like  you're on weed "Wow this will be hard to find out"

If you have a problem with me for any reason, I would appreciate it if you either spoke to me directly or filed a grievance.

Kovos_Datch

« Reply #20 on: 6 January 2013, 12:47:03 PM »

If you have a problem with me for any reason, I would appreciate it if you either spoke to me directly or filed a grievance.

Instead of derailing this thread. *In authoritative father voice* DON'T MAKE ME TURN THIS THREAD AROUND!!!

• Member of Parliament
  • Cheese
  • ckiens
    • View profile
« Reply #21 on: 6 January 2013, 01:18:56 PM »
Well I just gotta say, Dat wus wun mysterious Bedrock.

Offline TheCatsMangler

• Member of Parliament
  • Cheese
    • View profile
« Reply #22 on: 8 January 2013, 09:34:17 AM »

Instead of derailing this thread. *In authoritative father voice* DON'T MAKE ME TURN THIS THREAD AROUND!!!
Yes Mother, I mean Father in law.

Kovos_Datch

« Reply #23 on: 15 January 2013, 07:49:36 PM »
Rune told me he handled Chaos' issue. Catty was indignant towards me and would not give me the location of the issue, so I could not give Rune the info. Therefore that still has yet to be resolved.

Catty told me (through Skype):
[1/13/2013 1:35:52 PM] SirMangler: people like the bedrock
[1/13/2013 1:35:59 PM] SirMangler: STB
[1/13/2013 1:36:05 PM] SirMangler: Save the bedrock
[1/13/2013 1:36:07 PM | Edited 1:36:12 PM] SirMangler: : P

Seems Catty doesn't want it fixed. I will leave it up to staff to try and pry the information out of him. As for this topic.... I believe it deserves a

Topic Locked