Author Topic: Skycastle  (Read 4289 times)

Kovos_Datch

Skycastle
« on: 5 January 2013, 05:18:29 PM »
Hello everyone! I would like to tell you all about my village, Skycastle (which can partially be seen in the picture below).

First of all, I want to apologize for only running a 16x16 texture pack. I could go to 32x32, but I like running a quicker game. Anyways, back to Skycastle. Skycastle is unique. It's two tiered system (ground level and platform level) is unmatched by any other village. Some villages boast vast houses while others brag about small, efficient hovels. Well at Skycastle, we have both!

Skycastle, as I mentioned above, is organized in a two-tier system. The plots at ground level are smaller, and worth less than the larger plots on the platform. However, this does not mean the ground plots are worthless! The ground plots follow two rules: first plot is free and every other plot is $100. The platform plots are $300 each.

A picture of the platform (taken from the ground):

Skycastle also boasts a sandstone/glowstone arena! This arena is much more efficient compared to the haphazard Qualia arena. For example, there are glass walls and roof encasing the arena so nobody can enderpearl, throw potions, or fire arrows from the sides of walls. It also has a very simple door opening system: stone pressure plates. It may not be as fancy as the one in Qualia, but it also doesn't need a 3rd party to control the gates. Simplicity is always the best!

A snapshot of the arena:

Some villagers thought it would be a good idea to make shops in their plots. More power to them! At Skycastle, we believe industry greases the wheels of economy! Players, such as Old_El_Paso, have changed their plots into "mini-factories". Old_El, for example, has a Grove where he makes supplies for the books sold in the bookstore/cafe. Many store have a fence and glass sign outside their plot to signify the crafts inside.

Here is a picture of AwesomeofPower's shop. Notice the sign out front:

And a picture of the public bookstore/cafe:

We also have a few, good-sized public farms that can be used for free. These farms include melons, pumpkins, and sugarcane. If you want to eat a better meal, come to the cafe! There, we serve things such as fried chicken and cake. The cafe is located on the 2nd floor (1st floor for you Brits  ;) ) of the bookstore. The bookstore/cafe is located near the public mine and is just one of the public buildings we are constructing at Skycastle. We are always looking for builders to make more!

A photo of the public farms in front of the castle in Skycastle:

We also just recently acquired "Omegamine" that was just north of Skycastle! We have completed the terraform project, so Omegamine is now Skycastle's pubic mine! It reaches the whole way down to bedrock.

A picture of Omegamine from the platform (pre-terraform):

Skycastle also boasts one of the only pergolas in Villagecraft. It is a great place to just relax and sight-see! A few staff have already inspected it... and it seems to be up to masterwork standards! Check it out when you have the chance!

A photo of the pergola (pre-terraform):

We are also hooked up to the Northbound trains running from Qualia. Skycastle just happens to be located 1000 blocks away from the Qualia market, so it was an obvious choice for the rail system! The rail system is totally hooked up and operational! Take a ride on the soul train to Skycastle.

A picture of the train station (pre-expansion):

Skycastle was fitted with a new, full enchantment area. The double double-helix structure is a bit different than the normal Skycastle style, but it fits surprisingly well!

The helix structure around the enchantment area:

And one final thing Skycastle can brag about: Mob protection! That is correct! We no longer have pesky mobs that rain fiery death upon you as you attempt to enjoy yourself. Of course this does not mean you cannot have passive mobs in the village! We encourage farms of all types (as long as they stay inside your plot, of course).

So, what do you say? Does Skycastle seem like the place for you? Are you willing to relax and enjoy life? For more information, please contact me, Kovos_Datch, in game or on here. We hope to make Skycastle a place where newbie and master can help one another out! Join today!
« Last Edit: 25 January 2013, 02:25:53 PM by Kovos_Datch »

Offline xxbabygirlstar

• Member of Parliament
  • Cheese
  • Llamas: 0
  • They say true love hurts, well this could kill me
    • View profile
    • Youtubez!
Re: Skycastle
« Reply #1 on: 5 January 2013, 07:03:15 PM »
So, what do you say? Does Skycastle seem like the place for you? Are you willing to relax and enjoy life? For more information, please contact me, Kovos_Datch, in game or on here. We hope to make Skycastle a place where newbie and master can help one another out! Join today!

*Kovos_Datch or xxbabygirlstar, twat <3

Steam name: xxbabygirlstar
Skype name: xxbabygirlstar
Youtube channel: http://youtube.com/xxbabygirlstar
Battle.net: xxbabygirlstar@aim.com

Kovos_Datch

« Reply #2 on: 5 January 2013, 07:04:14 PM »

*Kovos_Datch or xxbabygirlstar, twat <3

You are going to turn around and ask me anyways >.>

Offline Airbongo

• Staff Member | Administrator
  • Cheese
  • Llamas: 69
  • Eh, what's up, doc?
    • View profile
« Reply #3 on: 5 January 2013, 07:34:14 PM »
That is a nice diamond building. Is it for sale?

Kovos_Datch

« Reply #4 on: 5 January 2013, 07:58:55 PM »

Only to you, Air. I heard it's got your name on it.

Offline Airbongo

• Staff Member | Administrator
  • Cheese
  • Llamas: 69
  • Eh, what's up, doc?
    • View profile
« Reply #5 on: 5 January 2013, 08:24:59 PM »

Only to you, Air. I heard it's got your name on it.

I will trade you a sombrero for it.

Kovos_Datch

« Reply #6 on: 5 January 2013, 08:28:27 PM »
That is a high quality sombrero! SOLD!  ;D

Offline millionaurefor

• Member of Parliament
  • Cheese
    • View profile
« Reply #7 on: 7 January 2013, 10:13:28 AM »
I really enjoy this village.
Best Wishes,
millionaurefor

Offline knitefall

• Cheese
  • Fuck you, fuck you, your cool, fuck you, I am out!
    • View profile
« Reply #8 on: 7 January 2013, 10:23:53 PM »
Air, why would you want to buy one when you world edit them in anyways

Kovos_Datch

« Reply #9 on: 12 January 2013, 08:05:20 PM »
Hey all, I would like to give you all some updates:

-Omegamine is now a part of Skycastle
-A beautiful pergola was built for all citizens to enjoy
-Skycastle is hooked up to the Northbound train out of Qualia

Kovos_Datch

« Reply #10 on: 25 January 2013, 02:26:43 PM »
Brain said it himself:

Directions from Qualia to Solace:
   1) ride north through Skycastle
   2) continue north past Gerudo Exchange, (thats what i call the station where Gerudo splits off the main line)
   3) continue along to the Raised Rail Express Line to Solace.

Directions from Solace to Qualia:
   1) ride west along the Raised Rail Express Line and south on the main north/south line until Gerudo Exchange
   2)continue south to Skycastle Station
   3)continue south to Qualia

Skycastle is one of the stops to Solace and Gerudo. Check it out if you have some time.

Offline ChaosMushrooms

• Member of Parliament
  • Cheese
  • ckiens
    • View profile
« Reply #11 on: 26 January 2013, 05:02:24 PM »
Omegamine is now Skycastle's pubic mine!