Author Topic: How about that new iphone, eh?  (Read 8967 times)

Joshtimasprime

How about that new iphone, eh?
« on: 14 September 2013, 10:03:25 PM »
Talk among yourselves about the new iphones. I am getting the gold one. Who here thinks the new gold one looks cool? will you get one? I am bored and want to know other peoples opinions on it.

Offline JANUARYJONES

• Staff Member | Administrator
  • Cheese
  • Llamas: 1
    • View profile
Re: How about that new iphone, eh?
« Reply #1 on: 14 September 2013, 11:32:43 PM »

Offline Die_Endermen

• [FORUM BANNED]
  • Cheese
  • Llamas: -1
    • View profile
« Reply #2 on: 15 September 2013, 12:15:54 AM »

Joshtimasprime

« Reply #3 on: 15 September 2013, 03:10:12 AM »
Well technically jan, it is a completely new design. Just not new insides for the 5c. But I was more talking about the 5s because its the new one, the 5c is just replacing the now discontinued iPhone 5. What do people around here think of the web gold one? I personally love gold and would have gotten the white one so having a white on with gold edging and back is legit as fuck for me. But I want to know what you guys think? Some people have been saying it looks feminine but they say that about the white one too so whats new?

Offline luisc99

• Cheese
  • Llamas: 60
    • View profile
« Reply #4 on: 15 September 2013, 03:50:56 AM »
I think they both look cool, but Apple's exchange rates are too high for the UK and they come out at like £500 minimum :( Even the C version. I do like them though, although I expect chaos the apple hater will come and yell at my opinion...

Offline Hogz

• Member of Parliament
  • Cheese
  • Llamas: 0
    • View profile
« Reply #5 on: 15 September 2013, 04:46:21 AM »

Lol jan, this made my day.

Apples going to fast too see that they have gone back in time
"ye boiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii" - JFK

John Coffey: I'm tired, boss. Tired of being on the road, lonely as a sparrow in the rain. I'm tired of never having a buddy to be with, to tell me where we's going to, coming from or why. Mostly, I'm tired of people being ugly to each other. I'm tired of all the pain I feel and hear in the world every day. There's too much of it. It's like pieces of glass in my head, all the time... Can you understand?" - The Green Mile

Offline Airbongo

• Cheese
  • Llamas: 69
  • Eh, what's up, doc?
    • View profile
« Reply #6 on: 15 September 2013, 11:10:49 AM »
Well technically jan, it is a completely new design. Just not new insides for the 5c. But I was more talking about the 5s because its the new one, the 5c is just replacing the now discontinued iPhone 5. What do people around here think of the web gold one? I personally love gold and would have gotten the white one so having a white on with gold edging and back is legit as fuck for me. But I want to know what you guys think? Some people have been saying it looks feminine but they say that about the white one too so whats new?
Why do you need a 5s? You are like 14 years old @_@

Joshtimasprime

« Reply #7 on: 15 September 2013, 11:31:51 AM »
Guys, the 5c is to replace the flawed shit that was the 5. It also cost the same as the 5 would cost now if it haven't been discontinued. 5s is the new one.

Joshtimasprime

« Reply #8 on: 15 September 2013, 11:37:44 AM »
Because my 2 year contract is up and my iPhone 4 has a shitty battery because I let it die too much. I plan on taking better care of my 5s when I get it. Plus gold fingerprint scanners faster shit and more memory is cool.

Offline SirLogiC

• Member of Parliament
  • Cheese
  • Llamas: 0
    • View profile
« Reply #9 on: 15 September 2013, 12:55:24 PM »
Apple aren't even trying to hide they are cash grabbing any more. They released the 4S after Jobs died right? The new CEO just seems to slap a new letter on the end and release the same shit with a slightly modified case.

Coming soon: the iPhone 5S 2.0 Premium Platinum Edition. Now with a new propriety recharge port!

Joshtimasprime

« Reply #10 on: 15 September 2013, 01:16:40 PM »
What are you talking about? Since the 5 has been out for a year it drops in price by 100 but since the 5 has some problems with the casing being scratched and shit before people even opened them apple decided to discontinue the 5 and replace its slot with the 5c. It only costs 99 because its not the new one its just taking the place of the old one. The 5s is the new one and I wanted to know what people thought about it but no one can seem to get past the c.

Joshtimasprime

« Reply #11 on: 15 September 2013, 01:17:16 PM »
BTW iPhone 5c = iPhone 5 cunt

Offline Airbongo

• Cheese
  • Eh, what's up, doc?
    • View profile
« Reply #12 on: 15 September 2013, 02:00:00 PM »
What are you talking about? Since the 5 has been out for a year it drops in price by 100 but since the 5 has some problems with the casing being scratched and shit before people even opened them apple decided to discontinue the 5 and replace its slot with the 5c. It only costs 99 because its not the new one its just taking the place of the old one. The 5s is the new one and I wanted to know what people thought about it but no one can seem to get past the c.
Found the Apple fanboy. Huehuehue

Joshtimasprime

« Reply #13 on: 15 September 2013, 02:11:56 PM »
How does that make me a fanboy? Did you even read what I wrote? I just explained the existence on the 5c. Not saying I like it, but it is ok for people who like plastic phones. I prefer medal.

Offline JANUARYJONES

• Cheese
  • Llamas: 1
    • View profile
« Reply #14 on: 15 September 2013, 03:10:05 PM »
I currently have two iPhone's, a 3G and 3GS. Altogether I've had five.
My first one got a bug and they said it had to be replaced, no biggie, they gave me a second one.
I get home (hour drive) and it's defected, it doesn't make sound.
I don't even remember what happened to the third one probably because I repressed a meltdown where I made the Apple store my personal abattoir.
I replaced it and just like the rest it's a hunk of shit, so when the 3GS comes out I buy it.

If you're anybody like me, you drop phones a lot.
So eight shattered screens and five phones later I finally ask myself, "Why the fuck do I keep buying these shitty phones?"
I go to the Devil's (AT&T) phone store when I get an upgrade and I decide to get a Samsung Galaxy S3. Okay.

I've had this phone for a year now, I've dropped it plenty of times and it doesn't have any cracks or scratches.
It hasn't had any problems whatsoever, fuck I even dropped it in a bucket of water and it still works.
As for that 3GS? Well the home button doesn't work right now. iTunes and Safari can lick my balls.
By the way the first day I had my 3GS the volume bar came right off but I tried to keep it on with what I assume they attached with Elmer's glue.

TL;DR
Their products are like women, pretty on the outside stupid on the inside.
If you have to jailbreak your phone to do what you want to, you bought the wrong phone.

Joshtimasprime

« Reply #15 on: 15 September 2013, 05:05:02 PM »
I have had a 4 for 2 years and its been the strongest thing ever. I have literally thrown it at the ground as hard as I can, shattering the case it was in into shards of plastic, but the phone didn't have a scratch. Not even the glass back was broken. I also accidentally poured a full cup of water onto it when I had it in my lap in the car, I freaked the fuck out and shook it off. It was fine and doesn't even have any water damage on the speakers! I guess you had some bad luck jan. Either that or the 3g/3gs sucks balls (which it does according to my friend who has had both). I don't personally don't want anything on my phone that I would need to jailbreak it for so I don't get why people say that to me and in general use that as an argument against iphones. I like the simplicity and it being able to work with my ipad seamlessly. If the gs3 is good for you (its a fucking great phone) than I'm glad. I don't dislike droids and I don't think iPhones are perfect, both have their pros and cons and I just like iPhones more for what I do. Androids are good phones(especially the galaxys).

Offline Airbongo

• Cheese
  • Eh, what's up, doc?
    • View profile
« Reply #16 on: 15 September 2013, 08:53:32 PM »
I currently have two iPhone's, a 3G and 3GS. Altogether I've had five.
My first one got a bug and they said it had to be replaced, no biggie, they gave me a second one.
I get home (hour drive) and it's defected, it doesn't make sound.
I don't even remember what happened to the third one probably because I repressed a meltdown where I made the Apple store my personal abattoir.
I replaced it and just like the rest it's a hunk of shit, so when the 3GS comes out I buy it.

If you're anybody like me, you drop phones a lot.
So eight shattered screens and five phones later I finally ask myself, "Why the fuck do I keep buying these shitty phones?"
I go to the Devil's (AT&T) phone store when I get an upgrade and I decide to get a Samsung Galaxy S3. Okay.

I've had this phone for a year now, I've dropped it plenty of times and it doesn't have any cracks or scratches.
It hasn't had any problems whatsoever, fuck I even dropped it in a bucket of water and it still works.
As for that 3GS? Well the home button doesn't work right now. iTunes and Safari can lick my balls.
By the way the first day I had my 3GS the volume bar came right off but I tried to keep it on with what I assume they attached with Elmer's glue.

TL;DR
Their products are like women, pretty on the outside stupid on the inside.
If you have to jailbreak your phone to do what you want to, you bought the wrong phone.

I've had a 3GS, a 4s and I currently have an iPhone 5. My 3GS speakers stopped working randomly. Both my 3Gs and 4s battery life went to hell after a fucking version upgrade. You could literally see the battery drop down while doing nothing. I'm happy with my current iPhone 5...so far.

I do love IOS but I jailbreak all my devices so that's why I love it. I agree with Jan. only reason I keep upgrading iPhones is because I get them for "free" with my current iPhone only service plan.

Joshtimasprime

« Reply #17 on: 15 September 2013, 09:01:25 PM »
Cool.

Offline Noket

• Member of Parliament
  • Cheese
  • Llamas: 20
    • View profile
« Reply #18 on: 16 September 2013, 02:33:39 AM »
I think they both look cool, but Apple's exchange rates are too high for the UK and they come out at like £500 minimum :( Even the C version. I do like them though, although I expect chaos the apple hater will come and yell at my opinion...

apple's gey

Offline Airbongo

• Cheese
  • Eh, what's up, doc?
    • View profile
« Reply #19 on: 16 September 2013, 11:04:16 AM »

apple's gey
Agreed...even though I get most of my income from iTunes. Apple is a shitty company.

Joshtimasprime

« Reply #20 on: 16 September 2013, 05:33:22 PM »

apple's gey
Agreed...even though I get most of my income from iTunes. Apple is a shitty company.

Completely agreed.

Offline luisc99

• Cheese
  • Llamas: 60
    • View profile
« Reply #21 on: 18 September 2013, 01:21:34 PM »
:O iOS 7 is out!! [/hype]

Offline Airbongo

• Cheese