Author Topic: Presidental Canidates (United States)  (Read 4215 times)

Offline Rainy_Turtloid (OP)

• Cheese
  • Llamas: 0
  • Turtles are incredible
    • View profile
Presidental Canidates (United States)
« on: 20 July 2012, 05:37:56 PM »
For those Americans in the United States, I would like you ask you Who is and Why is Obama or Romney you candidate of choice? Feel free to talk about failed republican canidates, etc.

Have fun.

Kovos_Datch

Re: Presidental Canidates (United States)
« Reply #1 on: 20 July 2012, 06:04:25 PM »
Although I have the ability to finally vote (got my voter's card last year), I'm not voting. Personally, I don't like either.

I also think that people really ought to put aside their party titles and actually try to help the average American out. However, those fat cats up on Wall Street/ Capitol Hill barter with our cash as well as fight just because they have an [R] or [D] in front of their names. They waste time, bicker on small things, get overpaid, and get nothing done.

Feel free to talk about failed republican canidates, etc.

I also enjoy how you only mentioned republicans here. Again, you are playing favoritism for one side or another.  ;)

Offline Islid

• Cheese
  • Time Traveller Extraordinare
    • View profile
« Reply #2 on: 20 July 2012, 07:53:40 PM »
For those Americans in the United States, I would like you ask you Who is and Why is Obama or Romney you candidate of choice? Feel free to talk about failed republican canidates, etc.

Have fun.

Yes, I'm not exactly what you'd call a Tea Party sympathizer, but it's not fair to set up one side for failure within your first post. It's important to give both sides equal precedence for a fair discussion. I'll be the first to admit that there are plenty of policies that Obama himself has implemented that I've been like, "What the fuck, dude." Solyndra was an example of that, as well as the bailout in the beginning (too little too late). Neither party is perfect - far from it.

Offline Akomine

• Staff Member | Administrator
  • Cheese
  • Llamas: 666
  • Meep Meep
    • View profile
« Reply #3 on: 20 July 2012, 08:05:25 PM »
Neither party is perfect - far from it.

One party is clearly imperfect, and one has devolved into an extremist anti-fact insane asylum.
I hope Romney did in fact break the law, and I hope to see Paul vs Obama.

Since Romney will likely remain the candidate, despite his potential crimes, I think you guys would be insane NOT to vote for Obama. Critisize him all you want (I do), and you should, it's still no-contest in him vs. Romney.

Ako is gay and has superaids - Air

Offline Islid

• Cheese
    • View profile
« Reply #4 on: 20 July 2012, 08:08:53 PM »
Neither party is perfect - far from it.

One party is clearly imperfect, and one has devolved into an extremist anti-fact insane asylum.
I hope Romney did in fact break the law, and I hope to see Paul vs Obama.

Since Romney will likely remain the candidate, despite his potential crimes, I think you guys would be insane NOT to vote for Obama. Critisize him all you want (I do), and you should, it's still no-contest in him vs. Romney.

I agree, but Obama's got a couple of things to shoulder too - Guantanamo, the deficit, unemployment - While I also predict it to be a relatively easy win for Obama on a second term, I'm certainly not going to discount the fact that Romney could put up a decent fight.

Offline Akomine

• Cheese
  • Meep Meep
    • View profile
« Reply #5 on: 20 July 2012, 08:23:58 PM »
I agree with you man.

-Guantanamo Bay should have never had a prison opened on it, and should not be occupied by the fucking United States.
->Obama should have pushed to close it.
-->Obama's hands are often tied by the insane party with constant threats to filibuster, and a constant spread of hate and deliberate mis-information.

-The deficit in itself is laughable, and Ron Paul has a very good answer to that issue (I didn't even learn it from Ron Paul, and am not really intending to directly advocate in favour of Paul, I'm just impressed that an elected official recognizes the truth of the situation, and advocates for the only fix that will ever work).
-->Don't know enough about Obama's policy on this to comment effectively.

-Unemployment isn't something I would tack on Obama as something he failed to do. He was set up for failure in this category by a wreckless administration preceeding his, and an out-of-control banking/stock/insurance industry that largely destroyed the economy.
-> Yet, I also don't know enough to comment on this much further.

Just some thoughts from a snowbird :)
« Last Edit: 20 July 2012, 08:27:50 PM by Akomine »

Offline Islid

• Cheese
    • View profile
« Reply #6 on: 20 July 2012, 08:27:01 PM »
I agree with you man.

-Guantanamo Bay should have never had a prison opened on it, and should not be occupied by the fucking United States.
->Obama should have pushed to close it.
-->Obama's hands are often tied by the insane party with constant threats to filibuster, and a constant spread of hate and deliberate mis-information.

-The deficit in itself is laughable, and Ron Paul has a very good answer to that issue (I didn't even learn it from Ron Paul, I'm just impressed that an elected official recognizes the truth of the situation, and advocates for the only fix that will ever work).
-->Don't know enough about Obama's policy on this to comment effectively.

-Unemployment isn't something I would tack on Obama as something he failed to do. He was set up for failure in this category by a wreckless administration preceeding his, and an out-of-control banking/stock/insurance industry.
--> Yet, I also don't know enough to comment on this much further.

Just some thoughts from a snowbird :)

I can agree with that. One of Obama's hardest feats to accomplish was reigning in the massive crash after the housing bubble that lack of regulation due to the Bush Administration's oversight caused. Honestly, I am impressed he has lowered it this much, coupled with the fact that economists agree that the average unemployment rate for a healthy nation is around 5%, meaning his only real hump to overcome is some small 3% gap, not the massive 8% one Republicans like to shout at him on a  daily basis.

Offline Akomine

• Cheese
  • Meep Meep
    • View profile
« Reply #7 on: 20 July 2012, 09:43:01 PM »
I also wanted to mention, that Romney is a direct participant in the destruction of the US economy and unemployment.

Kovos_Datch

« Reply #8 on: 20 July 2012, 09:45:06 PM »
I also wanted to mention, that Romney is a direct participant in the destruction of the US economy and unemployment.

FACT.

See what I did there?  :P

Offline Akomine

• Cheese
  • Meep Meep
    • View profile
« Reply #9 on: 21 July 2012, 12:43:54 AM »

FACT.

See what I did there?  :P

TRUTH.