Author Topic: Watch Dogs review  (Read 3635 times)

Offline SirLogiC (OP)

• Member of Parliament
  • Cheese
  • Llamas: 0
    • View profile
Watch Dogs review
« on: 28 May 2014, 08:02:07 AM »
So finally got to play this, thought I'd say my thoughts so far. PC version btw.

In case you have been living under a rock this is a game similar to GTA. Game seems quite fun. I needed to update graphics drivers to stop some problems. The game runs smoothly which is good. I have noticed an issue where if I alt + tab out and then go back in game the frame rate drops massively, making it basically unplayable, so avoid doing that.

The combat seems fun. It's really good, you can choose to snipe the enemies, use the environment to blow them up, run in guns blazing, or use stealth to slip past or knock out enemies. You get a few toys to help with each style too. I killed a few guards in a couple missions and didn't see an alignment drop, refreshing to not have a black and white morality system built into combat. There is an alignment system but it affects other areas.

There is an online, competitive component, but unlike Dark Souls, you can mostly choose whether to participate. Some guy tried invading me but yeah he crashed his bike lol, then I gunned him down as he entered another car.

The hacking system is a major feature of the game. You can find people and gain access to their bank accounts for cash, listen in on their phone conversations, hack security cameras to see many areas, inlcuidng hacking other cameras. There is also lots of things you can blow up, or you can activate traffic lights to cause chaos.

There is very limited crafting to make the aforementioned toys. Also there is a limited skill system. Nothing too complex but it does let you focus your character to your play style.

There are cars of course. They handle like shit though lol. Seems easier to escape cops on foot really.

Overall I am having fun. Game seems large and without morality being forced into combat I feel free to use stealth or combat as I see fit.

Oh and a big hint for if/when you do get invaded/invade others- NPC's don't run and NPC cars don't have screeching wheels when they accelerate.

Offline ChaosMushrooms

• Member of Parliament
  • Cheese
  • ckiens
    • View profile
Re: Watch Dogs review
« Reply #1 on: 28 May 2014, 08:10:06 AM »
I watched a video of the first mission. It didn't look bad but didn't look too great either. Not my cup of tea.

dont even drink fucking tea

Offline Airbongo

• Staff Member | Administrator
  • Cheese
  • Llamas: 69
  • Eh, what's up, doc?
    • View profile
« Reply #2 on: 28 May 2014, 10:30:09 AM »
Indeed. The game is great but I talked about it with Sir last night, the driving is absolute shit. I really hope they patch it because holy shit dicks, it blows.

Offline Akomine

• Cheese
  • Llamas: 666
  • Meep Meep
    • View profile
« Reply #3 on: 28 May 2014, 02:20:07 PM »
The driving in games is always a big factor for me, so that really blows. Being Ubisoft, it will never be patched, don't even get your hopes up lol.

Compared to GTA5, what is the combat like? How does it feel / how intuitive is it? Can you play in 1st person?

Ako is gay and has superaids - Air

Offline ChaosMushrooms

• Member of Parliament
  • Cheese
  • ckiens
    • View profile
« Reply #4 on: 28 May 2014, 02:35:46 PM »
I am still waiting for GTA 5 pc cus it looks so good.

Offline Airbongo

• Cheese
  • Llamas: 69
  • Eh, what's up, doc?
    • View profile
« Reply #5 on: 28 May 2014, 02:38:29 PM »
The driving in games is always a big factor for me, so that really blows. Being Ubisoft, it will never be patched, don't even get your hopes up lol.

Compared to GTA5, what is the combat like? How does it feel / how intuitive is it? Can you play in 1st person?
Combat is way better than GTA5.

Offline SirLogiC (OP)

• Member of Parliament
  • Cheese
    • View profile
« Reply #6 on: 29 May 2014, 01:28:25 AM »

Combat is way better than GTA5.

Didn't play GTA V but yeah the combat is real smooth. Usually console port games have issues with mouse aiming on the PC version, but there was none of that. There is a bullet time ability you can unlock to help with aiming, using grenades or devices, aim at explosives, use to hack stuff.

Also on the driving- there is fucking stop signs everywhere and people rive fucking slow. OMG it's so frustrating. Big problem though I guess is cars accelerate too fast. Makes it really hard to make turns without swerving into everything. The view also doesn't lock into vehicles direction, it's needed so you can hack while driving but it also makes it a bit fiddly. Driving is great if you like doing burnouts though lol

Offline Bl4ck_St0ne

• I NEED MORE JLAW FACIALS PLS
  • Cheese
  • Llamas: 1
  • I like cheesy bread.
    • View profile
« Reply #7 on: 29 May 2014, 04:29:28 PM »
Game seems god damn horrible IMO.
The Fappening will continue... FOREVER ON JLAW NUDES... FOREVER ON!