Author Topic: Path of Exile, again  (Read 3242 times)

Offline SirLogiC (OP)

• Member of Parliament
  • Cheese
  • Llamas: 0
    • View profile
Path of Exile, again
« on: 6 August 2014, 01:29:13 PM »
PoE is releasing their second free mini-expansion to the game very soon now (about 2 weeks). So like you know how in Diablow 3 they had the crafters? How those crafters sucked balls and no one used them because they sucked? PoE is adding crafting NPC's as they should be. You can also get your own hideout that you can place crafting benches and "cosmetic objects" that sounds really cool. PoE already has very well developed crafting, however these new NPC's allow you to modify existing items or do some existing crafts at a fixed cost (instead of randomly).

First news post
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/985043

hype video

Music in this is fucking awesome too.

Trust me when I say that this game totally blows any other game away when it comes to customisation too. There is a passive tree with over 1300 nodes (you get about 100 points on it), any class can use any skill, then you have to decide HOW to use that skill... Then what uniques to use to make it all work.
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree

This is the game that is defining the ARPG genre. The D3 expansion incorporated elements from this game. PoE pushes the ARPH genre forward in every way, from the elegant solution to potion usage, how crafting works, how skills work, how free to play should be done. The best part is though, this game has no pants. And you won't either after you play this game.

Maybe give it a try to see how it is. The most amazing part is it is 100% free, no pay to win mechanics at all. Really just try to get to level 30 just to see how support gems work, it's worth it. Like I only post games on here if I think they are worth playing, third time I've posted about PoE here now, that's how good it is.

Offline Airbongo

• Staff Member | Administrator
  • Cheese
  • Llamas: 69
  • Eh, what's up, doc?
    • View profile
Re: Path of Exile, again
« Reply #1 on: 6 August 2014, 02:28:08 PM »
Ako gave me one of his guest passes when D3 came out but I didn't really dig it, I wonder if I'd like this one.

Offline SirLogiC (OP)

• Member of Parliament
  • Cheese
  • Llamas: 0
    • View profile
« Reply #2 on: 9 August 2014, 01:57:40 AM »
Ako gave me one of his guest passes when D3 came out but I didn't really dig it, I wonder if I'd like this one.

Did you ever play Diablo 2? It's like that but better. Seriously it's free, 100% free, why haven't you tried it yet?

Offline Airbongo

• Cheese
  • Llamas: 69
  • Eh, what's up, doc?
    • View profile
« Reply #3 on: 9 August 2014, 03:41:20 AM »

Did you ever play Diablo 2? It's like that but better. Seriously it's free, 100% free, why haven't you tried it yet?
Cause I'm lazy.

Offline Akomine

• Cheese
  • Llamas: 666
  • Meep Meep
    • View profile
« Reply #4 on: 9 August 2014, 03:13:43 PM »
I think you did try it with us air.

Ako is gay and has superaids - Air

Offline Airbongo