Author Topic: pure evil with computers  (Read 2421 times)

Offline SirLogiC (OP)

• Member of Parliament
  • Cheese
  • Llamas: 0
    • View profile
pure evil with computers
« on: 21 November 2014, 12:21:49 PM »
I mean this is beyond cruel.

Of course the simple
#define ' ' = '\n'
placed into some obscure header file (for C++) they have no reason to look in would also cause no end of agony. Basically it replaces EVERY space used in the code with a new line instead (aka as if pressing enter key)

You can have a lot of fun with #define

#define if while     /makes every if statement an infinite loop
#define break       /switch case statements now run every option after the choice, every time
#define true false  or  #define false true    /depends on what the person uses, but this will be very annoying
#define struct union   /structs now can only hold one data object at a time, when you change a value that is now the only value in the "struct"
#define else   /else statements no longer exist, ALL the "else" code blocks run

Any one of these could be sanity breaking, literal days of bug hunting to find because the compiler errors will never point to these lines of code. Also not coding atm, but bored and found this. Thought it was funny :D
« Last Edit: 21 November 2014, 12:27:24 PM by SirLogiC »

Offline SirLogiC (OP)

• Member of Parliament
  • Cheese
    • View profile
Re: pure evil with computers
« Reply #1 on: 21 November 2014, 12:28:27 PM »
Neighbours stealing your wifi? You could protect it, or you could protect it like the asshole you are.

http://www.ex-parrot.com/pete/upside-down-ternet.html

Offline Akomine

• Staff Member | Administrator
  • Cheese
  • Llamas: 666
  • Meep Meep
    • View profile
« Reply #2 on: 21 November 2014, 01:00:19 PM »
Lol, the upsidedownternet is awesome.

Ako is gay and has superaids - Air

Offline luisc99

• Staff Member | Administrator
  • Cheese
  • Llamas: 60
    • View profile
« Reply #3 on: 21 November 2014, 03:44:18 PM »
The semi colon thing would drive me insane. Next time I make a PR to github, I might do it just to see if my code is actually tested ;)

Also, is that how easy C++ code is to change? Are all C based languages like that? I can imagine some security issues could be caused by it...

Although, nothing gets better than the upsidedownternet. Might think about creating one in my local area, if I can ever be bothered to :D

Offline SirLogiC (OP)

• Member of Parliament
  • Cheese
    • View profile
« Reply #4 on: 21 November 2014, 06:03:46 PM »
The semi colon thing would drive me insane. Next time I make a PR to github, I might do it just to see if my code is actually tested ;)

Also, is that how easy C++ code is to change? Are all C based languages like that? I can imagine some security issues could be caused by it...

Although, nothing gets better than the upsidedownternet. Might think about creating one in my local area, if I can ever be bothered to :D

I think they actually protected all the reserved words. But only reserved words, and only for some versions of C++ compilers.
Doesn't mean you can't look at their code, fine a variable name they use a lot, and define that as something silly so it never works.

Another mean thing to do- if you can get on the target's computer right click their browser shortcut, go into properties and in the shortcut tab delete what's in the Target field and paste in "C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe" (including quotes).