Author Topic: Official Thread - Update to 1.8  (Read 3057 times)

Offline Noket (OP)

• Member of Parliament
  • Cheese
  • Llamas: 20
    • View profile
Official Thread - Update to 1.8
« on: 8 January 2015, 01:53:05 AM »
If you've been wondering where I've been the past few days, I've been testing (with Luis' help) an updated version of VillageCraft. That's right .. January 8, 2015 (1/8/2015) .. we'll be updating to 1.8.

(In case you were wondering, it took 21 failed attempts to finally get a stable server running. That's how tough this particular update was.)

Yes, we know 1/8 and 1.8 are similar. This was coincidence.

Day Plan:
11AM - 1PM EST: VC will be whitelisted for this duration while we install and make sure all the new plugins are operating effectively.
1PM - 3PM EST: 3PM at the latest, the whitelist will be removed, and the open beta will begin. Expect server restarts, because we need to stress test.

Changes to the Server:
  • MobCatcher is out of date, and not working. It has been removed, pending an update from the developer. Please direct complaints to Malikk, as we have no control over the developer.
  • Players now have backpacks! Type /backpack to open it! Free users have 9 slots, [D] have 18, [VIP] have 27, [VIP] have 36, [VIP] have 45 slots, and [VIP] and higher will receive a whopping 54 slots. These backpacks do not drop their contents upon death. However, this may change depending on how they affect gameplay.
  • Donors of $20 now have access to a portable workbench! Type /wb to open it up and get craftin'!
  • Give items to new players via a virtual chest via /sbp ... or host a drop party! You can leave items for new players, and anybody can access it. Be warned though, the backpack resets when the server is reset.

Offline Noket (OP)

• Member of Parliament
  • Cheese
    • View profile
Re: Official Thread - Update to 1.8
« Reply #1 on: 8 January 2015, 07:04:17 PM »
We've hit a few snags with some of our plugins. We're working on them diligently, and will have VC open as soon as possible.

Offline Ajc610

• Villager
  • Llamas: 0
    • View profile
« Reply #2 on: 8 January 2015, 07:22:25 PM »
Finally 1.8 here we come Just refreshing my page every 5 minutes hoping its done

Offline Akomine

• Staff Member | Administrator
  • Cheese
  • Llamas: 666
  • Meep Meep
    • View profile
« Reply #3 on: 8 January 2015, 10:10:23 PM »
So here's the news, we have to keep the server whitelisted because of a problem with lockette private signs. Hopefully this will be cleared up tomorrow.

The server is up and running 1.8, it's just that lockettes aren't locked, so mass theft could take place if we make the server public.

On the upside, we'll have some new stuff once the server is up for you to enjoy (on top of the new 1.8 content), so don't mind the extra wait!

And sorry about the delay.

Ako is gay and has superaids - Air

Offline Ajc610

• Villager
  • Llamas: 0
    • View profile
« Reply #4 on: 9 January 2015, 02:10:03 PM »
Well i for one dont mind the wait itll be worth it definetly

Offline Noket (OP)

• Member of Parliament
  • Cheese
    • View profile
« Reply #5 on: 9 January 2015, 11:11:17 PM »

Working around the clock to get it going as soon as possible!

Offline Noket (OP)

• Member of Parliament
  • Cheese
    • View profile
« Reply #6 on: 10 January 2015, 08:46:15 AM »

Lockette successfully transitioned to 1.8. The whitelist is being removed. Welcome to 1.8, everybody.

Lividup64

« Reply #7 on: 10 January 2015, 08:53:11 AM »
Brava, I applaud your hard work!