Poll

Should we retain our old and beloved Qualia?

Keep it! That is not a statement, that is a command.
Small change.
I don't mind, whatever's best.
I think that a new Qualia is for the best.
I'm so ready for a change.

Author Topic: Keep Qualia the same! You're not updating, you're erasing history!  (Read 1898 times)

Lividup64

mango told me to make dis, so..
« Last Edit: 22 January 2015, 04:28:41 PM by Lividup64 »

Offline pkorus

• Member of Parliament
  • Villager
  • Llamas: 0
  • Have no fear Phil is here!
    • View profile
Re: Keep Qualia the same! You're not updating, you're erasing history!
« Reply #1 on: 22 January 2015, 07:06:48 PM »
I think that deleting old Qualia entirely isn't the best thing, but the old market cant seem to handle the new blocks very well. Thats why I personally reccomend making Old Qualia a "museum" so we don't forget what old Qualia was like, and that the building of new Qualia continues.
Привет, товарищ

сука шлюха

Offline Akomine

• Staff Member | Administrator
  • Cheese
  • Llamas: 666
  • Meep Meep
    • View profile
Re: Keep Qualia the same! You're not updating, you're erasing history!
« Reply #2 on: 22 January 2015, 07:18:30 PM »
This is Qualia's second major revision. The first was an update on the original, and this one is an overhaul. Qualia was built 3 years ago in Minecraft 1.0.0, meaning it is very outdated. More importantly, we built it when we couldn't build all that well.

In discussing updating Qualia, we considered revamping the existing buildings a bit, but soon started talking about how the layout doesn't allow for much expansion beyond the main market square. We decided we should just remake the town, and make it fucking glorious. The spawn town of a server should really shine. It's the first thing new players see, it's a place where you are going to spend time, and it gives everyone something to explore.

Our plans for the new Qualia use the land much better, give it a better flow, and we aim to make a detailed city that you can explore and find new things each time you do. We want it to be something worth screenshotting, something to make new players have some awe and inspiration for their own towns. It'll have shops, it'll have houses, and it'll be a lot bigger because it's expanding into the Qualia Meadow area (it already has, go take a look).

The historic Qualia will live on in a few of the structures as well as the same 1.0.0 landscape. Several of the shops will return but in new, much prettier buildings. The Parliament building will be re-erected, unchanged, in its well-known phallic glory. Most importantly, there will still be pointless references to cheese.

Oh, and for anybody worried that the old Qualia is gone forever... it isn't! It will live on forever as a Hunger Games style arena on a floating island in VCGames :)

Ako is gay and has superaids - Air