Author Topic: Idea: Make being a Farmer more worth-while  (Read 6085 times)

Offline Rainy_Turtloid (OP)

• Cheese
  • Llamas: 0
  • Turtles are incredible
    • View profile
Idea: Make being a Farmer more worth-while
« on: 27 July 2012, 06:35:25 PM »
Well the idea is that selling stuff at Farmer's Co-Op will be more profitable, than selling pearls and other items, making farmers have a better profit.

Thoughts?

Kovos_Datch

Re: Idea: Make being a Farmer more worth-while
« Reply #1 on: 27 July 2012, 06:50:32 PM »
I will have to disagree on this. The plants are very available to get, which means they should be in low demand, therefore a low price.

It really is basic economics.

Offline boylink

• Cheese
    • View profile
« Reply #2 on: 27 July 2012, 07:04:25 PM »
I really just farm for myself lol

• Cheese
  • Turtles are incredible
    • View profile
« Reply #3 on: 27 July 2012, 07:44:02 PM »
Well the idea is that selling stuff at Farmer's Co-Op will be more profitable, than selling pearls and other items, making farmers have a better profit.

Thoughts?

Ako said he was gonna do it but forgot. :I

Kovos_Datch

« Reply #4 on: 27 July 2012, 08:00:32 PM »
I still don't think it's that great of an idea...

Offline Akomine

• Staff Member | Administrator
  • Cheese
  • Llamas: 666
  • Meep Meep
    • View profile
« Reply #5 on: 27 July 2012, 08:15:12 PM »

Thoughts?

I didn't forget. There is currently a conflict between 2 plugins and I can't alter the sign prices. I WILL be making farming more profitable.

Ako is gay and has superaids - Air

• Cheese
  • Turtles are incredible
    • View profile
« Reply #6 on: 27 July 2012, 08:26:22 PM »

Thoughts?

I didn't forget. There is currently a conflict between 2 plugins and I can't alter the sign prices. I WILL be making farming more profitable.

:D btw u should remove the conflict plugin for a bit while u altar the prices (if possible)

Kovos_Datch

« Reply #7 on: 27 July 2012, 08:49:09 PM »

Thoughts?

:D btw u should remove the conflict plugin for a bit while u alter the prices (if possible)

Fix'd

Offline Islid

• Cheese
  • Time Traveller Extraordinare
    • View profile
« Reply #8 on: 28 July 2012, 04:52:36 AM »

Thoughts?

:D By the way, you might want to try removing the conflicting plugin for a second while you change all of the prices (if possible).

Fix'd

That entire sentence needed to be rewritten for it to be fixed, lol.

• Cheese
  • Turtles are incredible
    • View profile
« Reply #9 on: 28 July 2012, 09:40:31 AM »
There is no reason to constently fix a player's post when it is understandable.  Doing so is going to be be considered spam in my book and will be ignored. Enough is enough.

Offline Islid

• Cheese
    • View profile
« Reply #10 on: 28 July 2012, 09:44:53 AM »
There is no reason to constently fix a player's post when it is understandable.  Doing so is going to be be considered spam in my book and will be ignored. Enough is enough.

Why can't you type consistently like this? It's much more clear and easy to read.

The point of grammar and spelling is to facilitate proper and understandable communication - spelling errors and wrong punctuation (or a lack thereof) cause all sorts of problems. Even something as simple as the Oxford Comma can turn going to a party with the strippers, Akomine, and Airborne into going to a party with the strippers, Akomine and Airborne. (implying that instead of there being a group of strippers in addition to Akomine and Airborne, there's just Akomine and Airborne, who are the strippers themselves).

Go ahead, call it spam. You'll just be classifying the english language itself as such.

• Cheese
  • Turtles are incredible
    • View profile
« Reply #11 on: 28 July 2012, 09:55:56 AM »

Why can't you type consistently like this? It's much more clear and easy to read.

The point of grammar and spelling is to facilitate proper and understandable communication - spelling errors and wrong punctuation (or a lack thereof) cause all sorts of problems. Even something as simple as the Oxford Comma can turn going to a party with the strippers, Akomine, and Airborne into going to a party with the strippers, Akomine and Airborne. (implying that instead of there being a group of strippers in addition to Akomine and Airborne, there's just Akomine and Airborne, who are the strippers themselves).

Go ahead, call it spam. You'll just be classifying the english language itself as such.

I usually post my posts via my android and it doesnt have the best keyboard out there. There are reasons, Islid, there are REASONS!

Offline Islid

• Cheese
    • View profile
« Reply #12 on: 28 July 2012, 09:58:29 AM »

I usually post my posts via my android and it doesnt have the best keyboard out there. There are reasons, Islid, there are REASONS!

I've probably made a third of the posts I've made on the forums here, lol, and only one of those has had an error that I fixed like, right after I submitted it. Next reason?

Offline boylink

• Cheese
    • View profile
« Reply #13 on: 28 July 2012, 10:33:34 AM »

There are reasons, Islid, there are REASONS!
I have no idea why I laughed so hard at this lol.

Offline Teamfe

• Villager
  • The bringer of knowledge.
    • View profile
« Reply #14 on: 28 July 2012, 11:14:43 AM »
Farming shouldn't be more profitable, period. As in any real life farm, large quantities of a product must be made to make any worthwhile profit.
The small profit during the sale of wheat, seed, pumpkin or melons is correct as it is. (If not slightly over-inflated)
The money to be made is not in the direct products of farming but processing these further.
Bread, cake, cooked pork or steak.

For an example, a lumber yard purchases it's raw material, lumber, at very low prices. It is not until this is processed into wooden planks, sleepers etc. that the profit margin is increased. Then again if a carpenter purchases this processed lumber and produces fine furniture that the profit margin is increased once again.

Offline Islid

• Cheese
    • View profile
« Reply #15 on: 28 July 2012, 11:22:03 AM »
Farming shouldn't be more profitable, period. As in any real life farm, large quantities of a product must be made to make any worthwhile profit.
The small profit during the sale of wheat, seed, pumpkin or melons is correct as it is. (If not slightly over-inflated)
The money to be made is not in the direct products of farming but processing these further.
Bread, cake, cooked pork or steak.

For an example, a lumber yard purchases it's raw material, lumber, at very low prices. It is not until this is processed into wooden planks, sleepers etc. that the profit margin is increased. Then again if a carpenter purchases this processed lumber and produces fine furniture that the profit margin is increased once again.

When all four of those things are capable of being sold, I can believe this argument. Until then, I support the increase of prices, lol.

Offline cjm721

• [FORUM BANNED]
  • Cheese
    • View profile
« Reply #16 on: 28 July 2012, 01:49:40 PM »
Automatic farms ftw.