Author Topic: Missing Dragon Eggs  (Read 3085 times)

Offline Islid (OP)

• Cheese
  • Llamas: 0
  • Time Traveller Extraordinare
    • View profile
Missing Dragon Eggs
« on: 30 July 2012, 08:29:45 AM »
Earlier today I logged in to find that all six of my dragon eggs I had used to decorate teamfe's house in my village were missing. Thanks to the absolute incompetence of the developer for Logblock, Dragon Eggs are not tracked as being moved when they're punched and teleported. As a result, it is somewhat difficult to find out who took them, if you don't know how to search for them.

While my primary interest is in the return of my dragon eggs, since they were rather expensive to obtain, I also would like to see the thief brought to justice, and luckily, this isn't too hard to do.

There are only a few methods that can be used for obtaining a dragon egg as a drop to be picked up. One of these is to use a piston to move the egg, causing it to drop. Another is to place a torch two blocks underneath it, and then break the supporting block, making the egg fall onto the torch and drop as an item. All of these methods are equally viable, but only if you have some sort of permissions on the land itself. Obviously, moving the eggs is a time consuming process, since the teleportation is completely randomized and the house is somewhat centered on my rather expansive property. This would reduce, but not eliminate, the chance that someone from the outside of the property might have interfered.

Essentially, what I'm asking for is a moderator to step in and assist me with locating either the eggs themselves, in case they were teleported to a place the person couldn't reach (such as a cave system that was invisible underground, a tall tree they couldn't climb or pearl to, or inside of a locked house), or in case they were ported to an outlands location and removed via piston or torch interaction. Both of these things can be tracked with some worldedit expertise, so it's really just a matter of time before the eggs are located.

I've already asked Dark to help me, but due to limitations of his powers, he was unable to carry all of the way through with the preliminary search. This signifies that I will need at least an administrator-level person to help me. I can aid in the commands you'll need, so any administrator with the proper permissions can do this - I know precisely how to search and what to search for.

Thank you in advance for your assistance.

~ Islid

Offline Airbongo

• Staff Member | Administrator
  • Cheese
  • Llamas: 69
  • Eh, what's up, doc?
    • View profile
Re: Missing Dragon Eggs
« Reply #1 on: 30 July 2012, 09:42:59 AM »
I can help you with it when I get online.

Kovos_Datch

« Reply #2 on: 30 July 2012, 09:51:10 AM »
How did you even get all those Dragon Eggs?  ???

Offline Airbongo

• Staff Member | Administrator
  • Cheese
  • Llamas: 69
  • Eh, what's up, doc?
    • View profile
« Reply #3 on: 30 July 2012, 09:58:14 AM »
I'm online but Islid is not :(

Offline Islid (OP)

• Cheese
    • View profile
« Reply #4 on: 30 July 2012, 10:07:43 AM »
How did you even get all those Dragon Eggs?  ???

I got two of them via legitimate fights, and the other four, I purchased from other people.

Offline Islid (OP)

• Cheese
    • View profile
« Reply #5 on: 30 July 2012, 10:21:54 AM »
Excellent! With rapid response, Airborne assisted me in locating all of the eggs - turns out that they had indeed ported themselves underground and the would-be thief didn't know where they were, or couldn't get to them afterwards.

I'll be putting glass cases on these eggs from now on, lol. Thanks for all of your help!

Topic Locked

Offline cjm721

• [FORUM BANNED]
  • Cheese
    • View profile
« Reply #6 on: 30 July 2012, 03:02:25 PM »
To add on I saw one outside and tried to get it but it teleported on me (day or two ago). So I probably caused one to move after the first time it got moved.