Author Topic: The Downfall of CoD?  (Read 1544 times)

Offline Hogz (OP)

• Member of Parliament
  • Cheese
  • Llamas: 0
    • View profile
The Downfall of CoD?
« on: 27 September 2016, 12:48:38 PM »
So, I'm not a huge fan of CoD anymore. I was when it was in its prime (MW2/3 & Black Ops 1/2) but now it seems to have fallen into its own trap, of being boring as shit and nothing new will solve that infact the new shit just makes the game more repetitive. (Jet Packs & Loot System).

This will be the first year, I will not be buying CoD (since like 2013), instead I'll be bying Battle Field 1.

Now I ask you. Are you a CoD fan or a BF Fan?
"ye boiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii" - JFK

John Coffey: I'm tired, boss. Tired of being on the road, lonely as a sparrow in the rain. I'm tired of never having a buddy to be with, to tell me where we's going to, coming from or why. Mostly, I'm tired of people being ugly to each other. I'm tired of all the pain I feel and hear in the world every day. There's too much of it. It's like pieces of glass in my head, all the time... Can you understand?" - The Green Mile

Offline Airbongo

• Staff Member | Administrator
  • Cheese
  • Llamas: 69
  • Eh, what's up, doc?
    • View profile
Re: The Downfall of CoD?
« Reply #1 on: 27 September 2016, 03:16:30 PM »
Yeaah, mw2 and black ops weren't the prime of cod. The first games were the prime of cod, with Cod 1, 2 and 4 and world at war being the best in the series. Black ops was good too and I played the shit out of it. Treyarch and Activision would take turns making the games each year, series went to shit when they started doing all the future shit. Mw3 was an ok game, but thats when cod started to get boring.

Cod 1 was the first online game I played, back in 2003, just after we upgraded from dial-up internet to faster internet. I have fond memories of that.

Battlefield is another series that went to shit, thanks to EA. Battlefield 1942, Battlefield Vietnam and Bad Company 1 and 2 were awesome. Then EA got greedy with BF3 and their DLC's. BF4 was a mediocre rushed gamed at launch, a glitchfest which took them 2 years to fix. Then there's that horrible garbage, Hardline, which is esentially a re-skinned BF4 DLC that they sold for the price of a full game, plus their money grab DLC's.

EA then ruined another great series, Battlefront, with their garbage Battlefront 3. Battlefield 1 feels like a world war 1 battlefront. I hate the new plane system introduced in Battlefront 3. Picking up a token randomly to get a ship, instead of getting it from a hangar like in previous Battlefronts. They did the same thing with the new BF1 game, you spawn inside the plane already in the air. No more going to an airfield, picking a plane and taking off. EA is a fucking pest and I hope it goes out of business.
« Last Edit: 27 September 2016, 03:28:07 PM by Airbongus Van Winkledorf »