Author Topic: Ex Post Facto  (Read 5070 times)

Offline Pupdude (OP)

• Member of Parliament
  • Villager
  • Llamas: 0
  • I'm Sexy and I Know It!
    • View profile
Ex Post Facto
« on: 6 August 2012, 08:22:39 PM »
Ako and Air have been temporarily banning people on the forums for posts on the appeal forum we made BEFORE they starting upholding the guidelines.  That's illegal in the US!  It was written in the Constitution.

Kovos_Datch

Re: Ex Post Facto
« Reply #1 on: 6 August 2012, 08:23:54 PM »
The guidelines have always been there? Or at least they have been since i made a forum account (which was about the time of the gods plug in).  ;D

Offline Airbongo

• Staff Member | Administrator
  • Cheese
  • Llamas: 69
  • Eh, what's up, doc?
    • View profile
« Reply #2 on: 6 August 2012, 08:27:42 PM »
Guidelines have been there for months.

Offline cjm721

• [FORUM BANNED]
  • Cheese
    • View profile
« Reply #3 on: 6 August 2012, 08:28:03 PM »
COMMENT REMOVED

Why can't you follow guidelines?

Note: unless you are appealing a punishment, please don't post in someone else's appeal unless you have evidence or information that would make your intervention worthwhile. We don't need comments or opinions, unless we ask for them. Evidence and information is okay. Intervening with irrelevant posts that are not important to the appeal may result in an immediate forum temporary ban. Please, though, post useful information, observations, and interpretations if they add to the thread.

« Last Edit: August 03, 2012, 01:00:44 AM by airborne101st45 »

August 03 was when your comment was removed.

Note: unless you are appealing a punishment, please don't post in someone else's appeal unless you have evidence or information that would make your intervention worthwhile. We don't need comments or opinions, unless we ask for them. Evidence and information is okay. Intervening with irrelevant posts that are not important to the appeal may result in an immediate forum temporary ban. Please, though, post useful information, observations, and interpretations if they add to the thread.

« Last Edit: July 12, 2012, 10:58:06 AM by Akomine »

Last change July 12. That is before you posted so the law the was place we reminded people and people countiuned to break it so we started with the temp forum bans.  If you forgot Ex Post Facto means before the law was created. The law was there before you started being an idiot in the ban appeals.

Offline Akomine

• Cheese
  • Llamas: 666
  • Meep Meep
    • View profile
« Reply #4 on: 6 August 2012, 08:28:48 PM »
Ako and Air have been temporarily banning people on the forums for posts on the appeal forum we made BEFORE they starting upholding the guidelines.  That's illegal in the US!  It was written in the Constitution.

1. When exactly do you think  the guidelines were posted?

2. WTF does the USA/Constitution of the USA have to do with this?

3. This server was established in Canada, and neither me nor air are from the US.

Ako is gay and has superaids - Air

Offline Akomine

• Cheese
  • Meep Meep
    • View profile
« Reply #5 on: 6 August 2012, 08:30:06 PM »
The guidelines were there LONG before that July 12th edit. Several months. That edit was when I combined the guidelines and rules into 1 thread.

Offline Pupdude (OP)

• Member of Parliament
  • Villager
  • I'm Sexy and I Know It!
    • View profile
« Reply #6 on: 6 August 2012, 09:01:34 PM »
I don't care about when it was made, I care about when you people decided to actually start banning people for it!  You people could've at least pointed us to a thread telling us about people doing it will now get banned, but you just decided to ban us!  What the hell, man!

Offline cjm721

• [FORUM BANNED]
  • Cheese
    • View profile
« Reply #7 on: 6 August 2012, 09:08:20 PM »
I don't care about when it was made, I care about when you people decided to actually start banning people for it!  You people could've at least pointed us to a thread telling us about people doing it will now get banned, but you just decided to ban us!  What the hell, man!

We did not just decide to ban we warned you several times and everyone else. Did not listen the punishment increased. You knew the rules you broke them.

Offline Airbongo

• Cheese
  • Eh, what's up, doc?
    • View profile
« Reply #8 on: 6 August 2012, 09:09:24 PM »

Rainy was tempbanned for breaking forum guidelines like 10 days before you...

Offline Akomine

• Cheese
  • Meep Meep
    • View profile
« Reply #9 on: 6 August 2012, 09:15:05 PM »
This is like saying, "wtf, I dont care about when the law was made, I care about when you started PUNISHING people for murder. You could have at least pointed us to a case where you punished a murderer! How was I supposed to know you were going to punish me for it?"

Wtf.

Idiot.

Offline DarkenedAngel

• Member of Parliament
  • Cheese
    • View profile
« Reply #10 on: 6 August 2012, 09:15:48 PM »
I would also like to add that i believe the first warning is the removal of your unwanted post and we paste in the rules. You then reply again and get temp banned >.>...
« Last Edit: 6 August 2012, 09:19:47 PM by DarkenedAngel »

Offline Islid

• Cheese
  • Time Traveller Extraordinare
    • View profile
« Reply #11 on: 6 August 2012, 11:39:45 PM »
After review of the forum rules and regulations, as well as seeing several cited instances of enforcement long before you were forum banned, Pup, I would have to say that your argument is rendered invalid. I myself have seen them enforce temp forum bans for these kinds of things many times, now, and honestly I'm glad it's happening with more frequency.

The Ban Appeals section is not a section for flaming, frivolous discussion, or off-topic joking around for no particular reason. It is a professional place meant for people to appeal very serious punishments handed down to them by the administration. Out of line postings such as jokes and caddy remarks are not only unappreciated, but also distracting and can start unnecessary flame wars that can turn a 5-post ban appeal thread into a three page, nonsensical rant about how two or more people hate each other, with plenty of negativity and nasty comments being thrown both ways. That's not professional at all and just wastes time.

I saw the thread where you were posting, and I did not see the comment you made specifically, but I did see that it was removed and a temporary forum ban was issued for it. If it is really necessary, I would like to request the original comment (if possible) from the admins, but I suspect that it will just be something that doesn't pertain to the topic or is unnecessary/unhelpful.

Provided that either the remark can't be provided by the staff or Pupdude is finished making his argument, I would consider this thread pretty much wrapped up. I will await a response from an administrator that has the post in question, or from Pupdude in regards to his willingness to pursue this issue further. Otherwise, I'd like to cease the irrelevant insults and remarks on both sides, please.

Awaiting Moderatory Intervention involving the remark stricken from record in a ban appeal, or Pupdude's decision as to whether or not he wants to continue this argument.

Offline DarkenedAngel

• Member of Parliament
  • Cheese
    • View profile
« Reply #12 on: 7 August 2012, 12:43:52 AM »
From wut I gathered the original message was Pup saying that he forgives Josh. Also that because of this he should be unbanned or the actions/"crimes" that josh committed to Pup should be wiped from his record.

This how ever does not change the fact that Josh is a repeat offender and he broke the rules. The appeals thread is for the person that committed the crime to state there case and why they should be unbanned. Ppl can reply to the thread with any additional evidence or information involving the cause. This could included evidence that the person is lying or just more info that would result in the appeal being denied.

We don't need opinions and forgiveness in that thread. The person did something wrong and was reported/caught. If pup states his opinion that he forgives him it could cause an argument with another person that Josh did something to that doesn't forgive him.

We need to keep the appeal thread to just the situation at hand and not ppls feelings. We take the info we have and come up with a decision based on that crime and any previous ones (likeliness to repeat).

Offline Islid

• Cheese
    • View profile
« Reply #13 on: 7 August 2012, 01:04:32 AM »
From wut I gathered the original message was Pup saying that he forgives Josh. Also that because of this he should be unbanned or the actions/"crimes" that josh committed to Pup should be wiped from his record.

This how ever does not change the fact that Josh is a repeat offender and he broke the rules. The appeals thread is for the person that committed the crime to state there case and why they should be unbanned. Ppl can reply to the thread with any additional evidence or information involving the cause. This could included evidence that the person is lying or just more info that would result in the appeal being denied.

We don't need opinions and forgiveness in that thread. The person did something wrong and was reported/caught. If pup states his opinion that he forgives him it could cause an argument with another person that Josh did something to that doesn't forgive him.

We need to keep the appeal thread to just the situation at hand and not ppls feelings. We take the info we have and come up with a decision based on that crime and any previous ones (likeliness to repeat).

If all that was contained in the post was an acceptance of forgiveness and a plea for a reduced punishment in regards to one's own personal fault by the one who was banned, and it was not asked for by a moderator or admin and didn't add anything to the particular ban appeal in question, then the post was (however well-intentioned or kind it may have been) unnecessary to post and thus the administrators would have had legitimate authority to provide a temporary forum ban because of the broken rules.

Due to the edit date on the post involving the rules and guidelines stating that irrelevant posts can result in forum bans being July 12th, and your ban being issued on August 3rd, they did not in fact enforce a rule that was implemented after you broke it. I just need a final response from Pup, and this matter should be closed.

Pup, has Dark properly represented the post that got you forum banned on the ban appeal?

Offline DarkenedAngel

• Member of Parliament
  • Cheese
    • View profile
« Reply #14 on: 7 August 2012, 01:35:51 AM »
I don't think he was banned for that post. I believe that one was just removed and we started saying "WTF why is he STILL posting stuff". Trying not to give this guy another temp ban, but he is not getting it.
« Last Edit: 7 August 2012, 01:40:03 AM by DarkenedAngel »

Offline Airbongo

• Cheese
  • Eh, what's up, doc?
    • View profile
« Reply #15 on: 7 August 2012, 03:14:06 AM »
Hmmm is this reason good enough to ban you? You just earned a 7 day tempban in forums and server.

Message Pup just sent me on the forums talking about Nickonator's ban.

I am not rude to "everybody", I am rude to you because you are rude to me. You are the only one curious about Nickonator's ban. You need to understand that we are not here to take your spoiled kid attitude. We are not your mother.

I just want to know what he's done.  Some of us do, we're just curious.  Don't yell at us for being curious.  Why are you being so rude to everybody recently?  Is your wife refusing to have sex with you or something?  Look, if I had a wife (I'm 15), I would be pissed that she wouldn't have sex with me, too, but I wouldn't bring my anger out on people who are curious.  What kind of stick is up your ass now, Air?  You always have a stick up your ass, so what kind of stick?
« Last Edit: 7 August 2012, 03:25:14 AM by airborne101st45 »

Offline Islid

• Cheese
    • View profile
« Reply #16 on: 7 August 2012, 03:24:21 AM »
Due to Pupdude's recent progression from a forum ban to a temp server ban due to prolonged administrative disrespect over the course of many weeks, this thread is being (at least temporarily) shut down until the progression of those events, including the ban appeal and subsequent optional grievance filing are complete and processed.

Topic Temporarily Locked