Author Topic: Dat lag  (Read 12440 times)

Offline Akomine

• Staff Member | Administrator
  • Cheese
  • Llamas: 666
  • Meep Meep
    • View profile
Re: Dat lag
« Reply #31 on: 14 August 2012, 12:05:48 PM »
From scanning the Bukkit forums there seems to be no recognition of the lag problems from the actual staff. Worries me..

Recognition of Bukkit lag problems from other servers and players:
http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/1408905-bukkit-131-lag-on-all-servers/
Sample:
Server owner: "...My server can hold at least 60 with 20 TPS ( Ticks Per Second = NO LAG ). Over the past few days using these Dev/RB's my server has been lagging horribly with only a handful of players on. I'm not using that many plugins either..."

Recognition of Bukkit lag problems from actual Bukkit Developers:
http://forums.bukkit.org/threads/craftbukkit-1-3-1-r1-0-is-now-available.91330/page-9
Sample:
Someone complaining about lag: "I have just about had enough with the lagg on this new craftbukkit.... I have experienced lagg so much that my server crashes and people are complaining i have shit internet but it is this new bukkit Rb thats doing all this lagg... i told them that and then after that more lagg on the next day!!!!.... BUKKIT, FIX THIS LAG! NOW ANND RELEASE A NEW RB!! SO NO COMPLAINTS ABOUT LAGG ANYMORE"
Bukkit Dev: "You can go find another mod if you want to be disrespectful and unappreciative of the ridiculous amount of work that goes into supporting this project. This is a hobby, for all of us. We do not have to sit here and take crap from people like you.
I have barely slept since Minecraft 1.3.1 was released. But obviously that means absolutely nothing and the world revolves around you."

So there. Everyone knows. Bukkit devs sure as hell know. Minecraft is a horribly, horribly coded game, and Bukkit has to try to make due with what it is given. This was a massive update, and they haven't quite figured out how to mop up all the badly coded mess and make it work yet. Relief will come.

Ako is gay and has superaids - Air

Offline Rainy_Turtloid

• Cheese
  • Llamas: 0
  • Turtles are incredible
    • View profile
« Reply #32 on: 14 August 2012, 12:08:18 PM »
From scanning the Bukkit forums there seems to be no recognition of the lag problems from the actual staff. Worries me..

Sample:
Server owner: "...My server can hold at least 60 with 20 TPS ( Ticks Per Second = NO LAG ). Over the past few days using these Dev/RB's my server has been lagging horribly with only a handful of players on. I'm not using that many plugins either..."

http://forums.bukkit.org/threads/craftbukkit-1-3-1-r1-0-is-now-available.91330/page-9
Sample:
Someone complaining about lag: "I have just about had enough with the lagg on this new craftbukkit.... I have experienced lagg so much that my server crashes and people are complaining i have shit internet but it is this new bukkit Rb thats doing all this lagg... i told them that and then after that more lagg on the next day!!!!.... BUKKIT, FIX THIS LAG! NOW ANND RELEASE A NEW RB!! SO NO COMPLAINTS ABOUT LAGG ANYMORE"
Bukkit Dev: "You can go find another mod if you want to be disrespectful and unappreciative of the ridiculous amount of work that goes into supporting this project. This is a hobby, for all of us. We do not have to sit here and take crap from people like you.
I have barely slept since Minecraft 1.3.1 was released. But obviously that means absolutely nothing and the world revolves around you."

So there. Everyone knows. Bukkit devs sure as hell know. Minecraft is a horribly, horribly coded game, and Bukkit has to try to make due with what it is given. This was a massive update, and they haven't quite figured out how to mop up all the badly coded mess and make it work yet. Relief will come.

In my opinion Minecraft has better code than alot of other games. Like wizard101, toontown and freerealms.

And don't worry. We most likely won't need Bukkit when 1.4 comes out because it comes with the official server with plugins? I think.

Offline Islid

• Cheese
  • Time Traveller Extraordinare
    • View profile
« Reply #33 on: 14 August 2012, 02:33:04 PM »

Sample:

Sample:

In my opinion Minecraft has better code than alot of other games. Like wizard101, toontown and freerealms.

And don't worry. We most likely won't need Bukkit when 1.4 comes out because it comes with the official server with plugins? I think.

All of those are children's games, lol. They don't have to be well-coded, they just have to look pretty.

Offline Rainy_Turtloid

• Cheese
  • Turtles are incredible
    • View profile
« Reply #34 on: 14 August 2012, 02:35:44 PM »

Sample:

Sample:

All of those are children's games, lol. They don't have to be well-coded, they just have to look pretty.

I met a predator on wizard101 once. He was sure startled when he found out I was a guy  8)