Author Topic: Notices: Dynmap Updates causing Lag -and- End Decoration  (Read 2189 times)

Offline luisc99 (OP)

• Staff Member | Administrator
  • Cheese
  • Llamas: 60
    • View profile
Notices: Dynmap Updates causing Lag -and- End Decoration
« on: 1 April 2017, 10:29:10 AM »
This is an announcement, mainly for @Die_Endermen and @Lividup64, to say that we're updating the overviewer map for all the worlds. This means you should get a much nicer map to look at, which won't have a bunch of empty space on it. That'll be nice, won't it?

However, it does mean there'll be a little bit of lag on the server until it finishes. No idea how long it'll last, no idea when it'll be done, but it's there. Previously it's not been more than a few hours, but who knows how much world it has to render nowadays.

So yeah, that's why the server is lagging slightly. Don't complain to me about it, please :P

If you want the map, you can see it here

Also, I've updated The End a bit, to look a bit nicer, and to have easier access to the gateways for you to get to the outer islands. There's a nice rainbow effect beacon on all of the gateways too, and the island has been cleaned up a bit. I might do some more on it, but any suggestions let me know :)
« Last Edit: 1 April 2017, 10:59:00 AM by luisc99 »

Offline Airbongo

• Cheese
  • Llamas: 69
  • Eh, what's up, doc?
    • View profile
Re: Notices: Dynmap Updates causing Lag -and- End Decoration
« Reply #1 on: 1 April 2017, 12:00:36 PM »
Didn't we ban die?

Offline Yvette

• Staff Member
  • Cheese
  • Llamas: 7
    • View profile
« Reply #2 on: 6 April 2017, 10:30:20 AM »
This is an announcement, mainly for @Die_Endermen and @Lividup64, to say that we're updating the overviewer map for all the worlds. This means you should get a much nicer map to look at, which won't have a bunch of empty space on it. That'll be nice, won't it?

However, it does mean there'll be a little bit of lag on the server until it finishes. No idea how long it'll last, no idea when it'll be done, but it's there. Previously it's not been more than a few hours, but who knows how much world it has to render nowadays.

So yeah, that's why the server is lagging slightly. Don't complain to me about it, please :P

If you want the map, you can see it here

Also, I've updated The End a bit, to look a bit nicer, and to have easier access to the gateways for you to get to the outer islands. There's a nice rainbow effect beacon on all of the gateways too, and the island has been cleaned up a bit. I might do some more on it, but any suggestions let me know :)
Are the ongoing lag problems from the map updating or is it from something else? It was fine for a couple of days and now its quite bad again
VC always has been like this. It has ebbs and flows, just like my menstrual periods

<[VIP] ~VieuxRiche> get with your reading skills and dont piss off powerful elite

How the fuck is @Jakrelia staff, shes probably r/againsthatesubreddits or some gay shit. 0/10 review on yelp.

Offline luisc99 (OP)

• Cheese
  • Llamas: 60
    • View profile
« Reply #3 on: 6 April 2017, 10:49:23 AM »
We're running it when the server is empty or really quiet, to try and minimise the lag. The aim is have it going when people aren't around to suffer from the lag, and resume it when people aren't around. It's likely we just didn't pause it again when the server got more people online.

Livid turned it off I see, so it should be okay. Let me know if there's any more problems