Author Topic: Darken's Behavior  (Read 4155 times)

Kovos_Datch

Darken's Behavior
« on: 13 August 2012, 09:02:17 PM »
Here is a quote of what Darken said to Rainy's issue early today:
Quote from: Darkenedangel
"This is the ban/punishment appeals thread.... So...

Rainy you posted this in the wrong place. A better place for this would be the reports and grief thread.

Everyone else who posted in this thread.... This is in the ban/punishment appeals thread meaning NONE of you except maybe isl should be posting here. I knew wut he was talking about and didnt need you to ask him about it... If I or other staff did we would have asked.

Now that I am done yelling at all of you time to yell at rainy.

RAINY... SHUT THE FUCK UP!.... you bitchy about every little thing and it is fucking annoying. I was using your spawner a shit ton. You mad bro?... We were all there while you were temp banned and debating wut to do with you... Consider yourself lucky we haven't destroyed everything you have built or gave it to someone else... Air was flying around making chunks of it vanish... Sooo... I will say this... Stfu and deal with your banishment and dont whine or bitch about every little thing.... If you don't stop I will make Hell a real Hell for you and mute you so i dont have to hear it... You have NOO idea how close you were (and still are I think) to a perma ban.

Now how the fuck do I move this topic while on my phone... Fuck it... Someone else figure it out... Rainy has pissed me off and I dont wanna deal with it...

Edit: Moved it when i got home... now to post more."

Now, personally, I believe Rainy posted in the correct forums. If he would have posted in the "reports and grief thread", Islid probably would have seen it first. Islid, however, does not have any type of power to actually correct the problem. The best thing he could do would be to alert the admins. Because Rainy posted in the Ban/Appeal thread, he cut out the middle man (Islid), and went straight to the mods/admins. Secondly on this part, it deals directly with he contract, and him potentially being banned. I also believe he was correct in posting there because he could have potentially been banned. I believe he would have gotten in more crap if he would have posted on this part of the forums.

Second of all:
"Everyone else who posted in this thread.... This is in the ban/punishment appeals thread meaning NONE of you except maybe isl should be posting here. I knew wut he was talking about and didnt need you to ask him about it... If I or other staff did we would have asked.

Now that I am done yelling at all of you time to yell at rainy."

I admit I was posting in the Ban/Appeal part. I was trying to extract more information from Rainy so it could get solved faster. Normally, with a ban/appeal that is poorly written, the admins have to take longer because they need to extract more information from the thread creator. Now, EVERYONE is allowed to post on those forums IF they have information dealing with the topic at hand. At the beginning, I was trying to help Rainy troubleshoot some problems as well as get more information out of him. Also, how was I supposed to know you knew what he was talking about? Am I supposed to gain clairvoyance/foresight and just see into the future so I know you will understand what he meant? I don't think I really should have been jumped on for that. I had no idea that you would understand his post and have ALL the information needed.

Now, that being said, I admit I was incorrect in posting in the thread when I had no business really doing so other than to troubleshoot a problem and try to get information. For this, I am sorry.

Third of all:
"RAINY... SHUT THE FUCK UP!.... you bitchy about every little thing and it is fucking annoying. I was using your spawner a shit ton. You mad bro?... We were all there while you were temp banned and debating wut to do with you... Consider yourself lucky we haven't destroyed everything you have built or gave it to someone else... Air was flying around making chunks of it vanish... Sooo... I will say this... Stfu and deal with your banishment and dont whine or bitch about every little thing.... If you don't stop I will make Hell a real Hell for you and mute you so i dont have to hear it... You have NOO idea how close you were (and still are I think) to a perma ban."

Yes, we are all sick of Rainy's complaining. However, this oozes hate and anger. It also smacks of flaming, aka "you mad bro", "stfu" and the swearing. I can tell this post was made quickly out of hate. Is this really mod quality? No, I'm not calling for a removal of Darken's power. I do not believe that is just. However, I do not believe a temper is mod quality material.

Rainy, you had plenty of chances to turn your act around too. This doesn't mean Darken really needs to bring it up. We all know he is on thin ice. Personally, I think this post was a personal attack on Rainy.

ALSO: I am not defending Rainy in any way. This is not about him. Darken, I think you were swift to act, and quick to anger. You might want to work on that. I am not trying to flame you in any way, Darken. I just want to see everyone succeed.

The thread where this appears:
http://www.villagecraft-server.com/forum/index.php?topic=463.0

In short, yes, I posted in the ban appeals. I am sorry for that. However, this seems like a personal attack on Rainy, which I am not very comfortable with any personal attacks on anyone. Rainy, you are on thin ice. Darken, cool your temper for everyone's sake. Thank you everyone for your time reading all this and thank you to the [M]s, [R], and [A]s that put so much time and effort into this server to make it great

EDIT: Put the quotes in quote boxes for some more clarity.
« Last Edit: 13 August 2012, 09:09:44 PM by Islid »

Kovos_Datch

Re: Darken's Behavior
« Reply #1 on: 13 August 2012, 09:05:10 PM »
P.S. I understand Darken's rage at Rainy. Rainy did have enough chances. However, the problem was already solved by the time Darken posted this, therefore it was just an attack on Rainy. Instead of just saying "Problem solved", he let loose on Rainy.

Offline Islid

• Cheese
  • Llamas: 0
  • Time Traveller Extraordinare
    • View profile
« Reply #2 on: 13 August 2012, 09:11:00 PM »
For clarification on the forum he was supposed to report in, I've independently confirmed with several admins that this is the actual forum to report griefing and other incidents of that nature in. In those instances, it is my responsibility to request the proper amount of evidence for review by the administrators before the problem is handled, so Rainy did actually post in the wrong forum.

Kovos_Datch

« Reply #3 on: 13 August 2012, 09:13:00 PM »
For clarification on the forum he was supposed to report in, I've independently confirmed with several admins that this is the actual forum to report griefing and other incidents of that nature in. In those instances, it is my responsibility to request the proper amount of evidence for review by the administrators before the problem is handled, so Rainy did actually post in the wrong forum.

Alright, fair enough.

Again, I am sorry I posted in the ban appeals. However, that does not excuse Darken for "lighting up" Rainy after the problem was already solved.

Offline Islid

• Cheese
    • View profile
« Reply #4 on: 13 August 2012, 09:15:47 PM »
As for his behaviour, I can agree that it might have been better phrased, but at this point Rainy is far beyond thin ice. As far as the staff is concerned, the boy is clutching onto a stick the staff reluctantly stuck out to him as he's drowning in the icy cold water.

This rule has wide-reaching consequences, and Rainy did agree to it in his contract:

13) You no longer have regular VillageCraft free-speech rights, and can be asked at any time by the Staff to stop talking/posting about something, to stop talking/posting so rapidly, or to stop talking/posting altogether for a period of time.
P: Mute (up to 7 days).

Dark may have been able to say it more nicely, but the fact of the matter is, Rainy has not been civil this entire time he's been dealt with. He's fought every single step of the way, mouthed off at almost every opportunity, resisted help from any outside sources, and generally continues to be a massive cyst on the ass of the administration as a whole. I can't honestly fault him for being a little short - I myself said some extremely rude things to him out of irritation and anger in chat and here on the forums, and it's simply because patience is worn thin. Too many nice things have been said, too much accommodation has been made, and too many second chances have been granted. That's just how it is now. He has to bear the brunt of the staff's fury however it may come.

Offline DarkenedAngel

• Member of Parliament
  • Cheese
    • View profile
« Reply #5 on: 13 August 2012, 09:16:14 PM »
cool my temper?

I have disliked him since day one. I saw right away he was not a good person. Picking on his friends and always seeking attention on top of cheating. Because of that i did not involve myself in anything rainy did wrong because i was biased. How long ago was that? months? I have had enough. Other shit has come up that some of you are not aware of which makes me even more mad even tho i knew that is how he was...

Rainy his pushed me to my limits... i have tried to not be bias and suggest a course of action for him to actually start making changes and he ignored them.

Think to yourself now... am i short tempered with anyone else? No. I help ppl when asked. I don't abuse power. But rainy either needs to change or leave. I threw down the gauntlet. Either he stops bitching and being annoying or i mute him. If I end up loosing my mod states because i feel i finally need to step in and kick the little fucker in the ass so be it... I am willing to do go so far as to have him banned or me. He makes playing the game and going on the forums less enjoyable for me.

Offline Islid

• Cheese
    • View profile
« Reply #6 on: 13 August 2012, 09:16:32 PM »
Also, Rainy, you aren't going to be posting in this particular thread. It doesn't directly pertain to you. I'll ask for your input directly.

Kovos_Datch

« Reply #7 on: 13 August 2012, 09:17:00 PM »
Kovos thanks. This has been going on for months now. I'm glad you finally put something up about it.

And also, Dark, If I didn't say they were griefing, they would of kept griefing and nothing would be done.

Do I have to remind you of you record of posts that all report grief in the general discussion thread?
If I don't report it the problem could get worse, and it could quickly lead to more trouble.
Reporting someone for grief is not "bitching"

It's like telling the police who robbed this guys house. That isn't bitching, yet they use the same laws.

Alright, fair enough.

Again, I am sorry I posted in the ban appeals. However, that does not excuse Darken for "lighting up" Rainy after the problem was already solved.

You were getting important information that the admins/mods might of asked for later on. You did nothing wrong.

"You were getting important information that the admins/mods might of asked for later on. You did nothing wrong."

Well, that is more of Islid's job, so I really was in the wrong there. Rainy, lay low on this thread. I don't want a flame war going off.

Kovos_Datch

« Reply #8 on: 13 August 2012, 09:17:27 PM »
Also, Rainy, you aren't going to be posting in this particular thread. It doesn't directly pertain to you. I'll ask for your input directly.

Islid really just spoke my mind here.

Offline knitefall

• Cheese
  • Fuck you, fuck you, your cool, fuck you, I am out!
    • View profile
« Reply #9 on: 13 August 2012, 09:19:17 PM »
I think that most staff would have done the same thing,  But he has caused to much stuff for anger NOT to build up on staff members. I can see why he did this, (not saying it is right) but it was almost needed.

Offline DarkenedAngel

• Member of Parliament
  • Cheese
    • View profile
« Reply #10 on: 13 August 2012, 09:19:39 PM »
oh and as far as which section he should have posted in....

I am sure that not just me looks at the reports section when i look at everything else. I would have see it just as fast (probably faster because it comes before)...

I was not talking about the cause of him glitching out... thats fine... fixed good... i was talking about his actions as a whole.

Offline Islid

• Cheese
    • View profile
« Reply #11 on: 13 August 2012, 09:20:52 PM »

I am sure that not just me looks at the reports section when i look at everything else. I would have see it just as fast (probably faster because it comes before)...

I was not talking about the cause of him glitching out... thats fine... fixed good... i was talking about his actions as a whole.

Yeah. And Ako and Air have both told me, as well as other mods, that griefing reports go here, as well as possible x-rays and various other events in which a mod is needed to exact punishment or restitution. As seen before on various other posts in the past, I usually just evaluate evidence, ask for more if necessary, and pass a judgement to help expedite the decision-making process for the mods.

Kovos_Datch

« Reply #12 on: 13 August 2012, 09:22:09 PM »

Well we really already know his actions. We already know he is on thin ice.

Perhaps next time you should just say "Problem solved" and lock the thread? I'm not saying rainy was in the right area on the forums anymore; Islid cleared that up. However, you really ought to watch what you post. Thanks for reading, Darken  :)

Offline Islid

• Cheese
    • View profile
« Reply #13 on: 13 August 2012, 09:30:01 PM »
Criticism, as always, is highly appreciated - it means the players are invested in helping the staff be the best that they can be at what they have to do. We appreciate it when everyone can come together in a common forum and discuss any potential issues without having to worry about any backlash that might occur.

Thank you, Kovos, for your thoughts. They have definitely been taken into consideration. :)

Topic Locked