Author Topic: Griefing Report: usrmvm  (Read 3524 times)

Offline Islid (OP)

• Cheese
  • Llamas: 0
  • Time Traveller Extraordinare
    • View profile
Griefing Report: usrmvm
« on: 11 September 2012, 05:19:56 PM »
At approximately 3:45 PM Central Time (US), it was made aware to me via tomm2smith that a player by the name of usrmvm griefed his village a fair bit. Usrmvm quickly retaliated verbally, stating quite simply that they were making false claims because usrmvm had killed mindman1667 previously, and they were trying to get back at him.

When I went to review it, Tomm initially showed me a small underground area where usr had broken a few blocks, and with the help of Kovos, I managed to figure out that he hadn't broken anything else in that area.

When I stepped out and queried further both tomm2smith and usrmvm, tomm2smith suddenly declined to report him or want him reported, choosing instead to go and lock himself inside of his house and ignore the situation. When I asked usrmvm about it repeatedly, he initially denied everything, then claimed to have terrible memory of the events of the last few days and claimed only to remember maybe breaking a dirt block or two. This of course conflicted directly with the reports we had just received via logblock, so when I pressed him further about it, he became very indignant with me and decided to take it to public chat.

During this whole exchange with usrmvm, Kovos and I scoured the rest of the town for evidence, finding a few more things (with a little random help from tomm2smith, weirdly enough). While tomm2smith was locked inside of his house, Kovos found the following outside the front door.

And after some more searching and my preparing to make some uploads, tomm2smith decided at the last minute to point out this final damage to me, his largest of the three.

The damage was caused over the course of about two days, but the first screenshot as you can see reports damage made most recently, the other two being a couple of days ago at the most. Seeing as griefing is as against the rules as it is on this server, I suspect that it might be pertinent to remember quite clearly instances where one has done something that might be perceived as griefing.

Overall, the damage was somewhat minor, with materials broken having an estimated total value of less than $25. However, due to the extended nature of the offense (over the course of two days, meaning he did something, left, and came back to do it again) and the fact that not only did he vigorously deny his actions, claiming ignorance and a faulty memory, and getting quite indignant when it was suggested otherwise, I would personally suggest a much higher fine, around the neighbourhood of about $300. This will include all of his behavior associated with the event, as well as the event itself.

Offenses: Griefing, intense denial and feigning ignorance, indignant behaviour.
Suggested Punishment: Fine of $300.

Offline usrmvm

• Member of Parliament
  • Villager
    • View profile
Re: Griefing Report: usrmvm
« Reply #1 on: 11 September 2012, 05:30:37 PM »
my words to you were in /msg mostly. i told you that i farmed there, and may have accidentally broken a few clocks, which what i said is reported here. a few blocks of dirt and cobble. i did in fact kill mindmann and he did get angry, (JANUARYJONES witnessed the act through chat) i do have a terrible short term memory. i am not one to cause an issue or grief. so i still plea accidental. Yet i do have respect for authority and will take any punishment thrown at me if it is relatively fair. the first time the said "griefing" happened i came upon the village while exploring, as i didnt notice any signs declaring it an active village i had broken a few blocks. Dont ask me why because i dont remember. But yesterday i came upon the village again and mindman told me to leave and attacked me. naturally i defended myself and killed him. it is the outlands so i am allowed that much freedom. as i said, yesterday i farmed stuff from there, unaware if it is "legal" i take full responsibility for things posted and i will tell you, i harvested some wheat, pumpkin, sugar cane, and possibly melon. this is all i have to say.. make your decision based on how you see things.
                                  Thanks,
                                       usrmvm

Offline Islid (OP)

• Cheese
  • Time Traveller Extraordinare
    • View profile
« Reply #2 on: 11 September 2012, 06:02:53 PM »
my words to you were in /msg mostly. i told you that i farmed there, and may have accidentally broken a few clocks, which what i said is reported here. a few blocks of dirt and cobble. i did in fact kill mindmann and he did get angry, (JANUARYJONES witnessed the act through chat) i do have a terrible short term memory. i am not one to cause an issue or grief. so i still plea accidental. Yet i do have respect for authority and will take any punishment thrown at me if it is relatively fair. the first time the said "griefing" happened i came upon the village while exploring, as i didnt notice any signs declaring it an active village i had broken a few blocks. Dont ask me why because i dont remember. But yesterday i came upon the village again and mindman told me to leave and attacked me. naturally i defended myself and killed him. it is the outlands so i am allowed that much freedom. as i said, yesterday i farmed stuff from there, unaware if it is "legal" i take full responsibility for things posted and i will tell you, i harvested some wheat, pumpkin, sugar cane, and possibly melon. this is all i have to say.. make your decision based on how you see things.
                                  Thanks,
                                       usrmvm

Quote from: Islid
...he became very indignant with me and decided to take it to public chat.

I can request chat logs if necessary.

Kovos_Datch

« Reply #3 on: 11 September 2012, 06:11:23 PM »
Speaking of, is this usrmvm's first offense? I believe (although it really isn't my job to say) that $300 is a fair charge. Usrmvm does have enough money to pay it as well.

so i still plea accidental... i came upon the village while exploring, as i didnt notice any signs declaring it an active village i had broken a few blocks.

I am unsure how you can say accidental when everyone has access to the logblock.

Anyways, the damage was minimal, as you can see from the pics. I am glad I could be of assistance, Islid.

Offline usrmvm

• Member of Parliament
  • Villager
    • View profile
« Reply #4 on: 11 September 2012, 06:15:58 PM »
no islid, you can call chat logs, but im not denying speaking in pub chat. just says most was private. and yes this is my first offense. and as i said, i will pay a fine or take a punishment if it is decided that. just waiting on for sure punishment so i can do what needs done

Offline Akomine

• Staff Member | Administrator
  • Cheese
  • Llamas: 666
  • Meep Meep
    • View profile
« Reply #5 on: 12 September 2012, 09:59:12 PM »
I'm not interested in prosecuting usr.
Usr, just replace the items or the equivalent value of them, and maybe a touch more.

Post here when done.

Ako is gay and has superaids - Air

Offline usrmvm

• Member of Parliament
  • Villager
    • View profile
« Reply #6 on: 12 September 2012, 10:11:50 PM »
done. thank you

Offline Akomine

• Staff Member | Administrator
  • Cheese
  • Llamas: 666
  • Meep Meep
    • View profile
« Reply #7 on: 12 September 2012, 10:13:17 PM »
usrmvm greatly overpaid back the items, with several stacks of 64.

No punishments will take place.

Topic Locked

Ako is gay and has superaids - Air