Poll

Is it douche to insti-tp to the arena, take a pile of items on the ground, then insti-tp out with that pile

DOUCHE!!!!!
7 (70%)
LOL just buy VIP u fool!!!!
0 (0%)
Sorta douche, but thats life
3 (30%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Author Topic: Arena Question and Thoughts  (Read 3215 times)

Offline Braingkk (OP)

• Member of Parliament
  • Cheese
  • Llamas: 0
    • View profile
Arena Question and Thoughts
« on: 27 September 2012, 06:37:14 PM »
This is NOT a grievience, and so this is in the general section of forums.

if someone is in the arena and is on a killing spree in such a way that their inv is full.
so they r standing over their pile of loot killing all that come as the mound continues to grow......

is it douche for a vip player to come in, take the pile, and then tp out of the arena?
any regular player has the 5secs wait,  if they get hit etc the tp is cancelled, so an arena winner can protect winnings in such a way that they can sort inv etc

please do not name any names in this thread, as i just want simple opinions.
« Last Edit: 27 September 2012, 06:41:34 PM by Braingkk »

Offline Lycoris

• Member of Parliament
  • Cheese
  • Artificially Intelligent Data Anomaly
    • View profile
Re: Arena Question and Thoughts
« Reply #1 on: 28 September 2012, 10:35:38 AM »
Usually there isn't more then 2-4 people in the arena. If they TP out of the arena They should not be allowed to TP back to it.
Maybe we can set up an Anti-TP Zone inside the arena.
Also raise the fence on the edge of the arena. Too many people sniping from outside the arena, and people escaping/joining the fight by using the sponge to jump up there.

Swatted away by the world, I was atop an incredibly thin needle.
I was using the tips of my fingers to balance,
But it wasn’t until they touched you that I learned I wasn’t alone;
That alone bestowed upon me these crooked wings.
“What do you want to accomplish between life and death,” I asked,
But all you did was laugh, like an angel.
Weaving through the spaces of the hordes of buildings burning in the summer heat,
We’ll eventually descend, pulling that trigger at the very end.
And winter will cover everything.

Offline cjm721

• [FORUM BANNED]
  • Cheese
    • View profile
« Reply #2 on: 28 September 2012, 12:30:07 PM »
Usually there isn't more then 2-4 people in the arena. If they TP out of the arena They should not be allowed to TP back to it.
Also raise the fence on the edge of the arena. Too many people sniping from outside the arena, and people escaping/joining the fight by using the sponge to jump up there.

As a note on that. That is against the rules (out-> in = offense, in -> out = Don't stand on the wall.

As for making it a TP deny area, that is not hard, but that prevents people from getting out if doors are closed ie sitting duck.

Offline Braingkk (OP)

• Member of Parliament
  • Cheese
    • View profile
« Reply #3 on: 28 September 2012, 12:32:26 PM »

to set the arena as a no tp zone would make it harder for many battles, as they usually start with a "tp to me in the arena"
in addition, a 'no keeps' battle would be harder to arrange, as the loser cannot come back for the agreed items they can get back

maybe (not sure if this is possible) to set the arena with a 5sec wait period for ALL players so vip cannot insti tp out. i rly dont care when they tp in, as that is part of how the arena works. its when they can escape w/o having a fair fight that i dont like

i definitely agree, tho mostly because i tend to hit players out of the arena when i hit them, and its a pain when they take longer to get back in to regain extra health etc

Offline cjm721

• [FORUM BANNED]
  • Cheese
    • View profile
« Reply #4 on: 28 September 2012, 12:39:51 PM »

maybe (not sure if this is possible) to set the arena with a 5sec wait period for ALL players so vip cannot insti tp out. i rly dont care when they tp in, as that is part of how the arena works. its when they can escape w/o having a fair fight that i dont like

i definitely agree, tho mostly because i tend to hit players out of the arena when i hit them, and its a pain when they take longer to get back in to regain extra health etc

It would be possible to add a wait period to all, but the complexity on it would most likely mean it would not always work, be a much larger server load then this is a problem.

Also with the hitting people out of the arena, If you see there is a warp sign on the  wall (Outside, toward Quallia) Just right click that and have the fight there (Atlantis).  I am working on doing a bit more logic sets for them so that as two players you can open the doors from the tunnels (where both players must hit a button within 10 seconds or so of each other), but as of right now Atlantis still requires an external party to work.

I have quite a few things to get done so no idea when it will be ready for a non third party system. I do after all have to get my druid to level 90 gear him out for 4 specs, then fix all the VIP warps.

Offline Lycoris

• Member of Parliament
  • Cheese
  • Artificially Intelligent Data Anomaly
    • View profile
« Reply #5 on: 2 October 2012, 12:42:58 PM »
Just so you know, You can /back to the arena. However I am not sure if you can /tp to the arena, I will need to try that out myself.

You just can't /tp out of the arena.
Now to fix shooting from outside the arena

Swatted away by the world, I was atop an incredibly thin needle.
I was using the tips of my fingers to balance,
But it wasn’t until they touched you that I learned I wasn’t alone;
That alone bestowed upon me these crooked wings.
“What do you want to accomplish between life and death,” I asked,
But all you did was laugh, like an angel.
Weaving through the spaces of the hordes of buildings burning in the summer heat,
We’ll eventually descend, pulling that trigger at the very end.
And winter will cover everything.

Offline TheCatsMangler

• Member of Parliament
  • Cheese
  • Llamas: -3
    • View profile
« Reply #6 on: 2 October 2012, 01:36:47 PM »
Uh I don't think so say if im wrong i don't keep up with this, cj says its not alowed alot sinse so?
BAI