Author Topic: Old players getting welcome to server message  (Read 4786 times)

Offline TheCatsMangler (OP)

• Member of Parliament
  • Cheese
  • Llamas: -3
    • View profile
Old players getting welcome to server message
« on: 4 November 2012, 07:57:14 AM »
At 10 to 1pm Great Britain time
Everyone who joins starts new again and i lost my stuff from it
I am confused as shit right now

Thats buzz

Thats me laughing at the problem

I know everyone hates me and its kinda cheesy how Im still posting, but come on we all love cheese
I suggest that we backup the server or some what
« Last Edit: 4 November 2012, 02:50:56 PM by Akomine »

Offline ChaosMushrooms

• Member of Parliament
  • Cheese
  • Llamas: 0
  • ckiens
    • View profile
Re: READ THIS BEFORE YOU JOIN
« Reply #1 on: 4 November 2012, 11:53:47 AM »
I think this is a bug in the 1.4.2 Bukkit servers where it doesn't save player data. Did you keep getting sent back to a position you were in previously or was that just me?

• Member of Parliament
  • Cheese
    • View profile
« Reply #2 on: 4 November 2012, 01:14:28 PM »
I think this is a bug in the 1.4.2 Bukkit servers where it doesn't save player data. Did you keep getting sent back to a position you were in previously or was that just me?
Im sure its not a bug it did not happen to me before it only started 3 mins before i made this

[Warning note] Do not post in Reports & Greivance with out making your own topic abut a problem or you have something to do with the topic your posting on Comment obscured for false information (-Akomine)
« Last Edit: 6 November 2012, 04:56:44 AM by Akomine »

Offline cjm721

• [FORUM BANNED]
  • Cheese
    • View profile
« Reply #3 on: 4 November 2012, 02:44:52 PM »
Im sure its not a bug it did not happen to me before it only started 3 mins before i made this

[Warning note] Do not post in Reports & Greivance with out making your own topic abut a problem or you have something to do with the topic your posting on

Catty your not a moderator and chaos's statement was compleatly relevant if you want to keep posting bull shit like that we can remove your posting privileges. As to what caused it no idea as when I logged on it did not happen nor to anyone I saw log in.

Offline Akomine

• Staff Member | Administrator
  • Cheese
  • Llamas: 666
  • Meep Meep
    • View profile
Re: Old players getting welcome to server message
« Reply #4 on: 4 November 2012, 02:51:34 PM »
I changed the title of the thread because I fail to see how READ THIS BEFORE YOU JOIN is a helpful thing to do.

Ako is gay and has superaids - Air

• Member of Parliament
  • Cheese
    • View profile
« Reply #5 on: 5 November 2012, 03:26:05 PM »

[Warning note] Do not post in Reports & Greivance with out making your own topic abut a problem or you have something to do with the topic your posting on

Catty your not a moderator and chaos's statement was compleatly relevant if you want to keep posting bull shit like that we can remove your posting privileges. As to what caused it no idea as when I logged on it did not happen nor to anyone I saw log in.
Cj did you see how it said
[Warning Note]
I know it was alowed i was just warning him that if he does it on another one that he shoulden't post on im just helping

• Member of Parliament
  • Cheese
    • View profile
« Reply #6 on: 5 November 2012, 03:27:08 PM »
I changed the title of the thread because I fail to see how READ THIS BEFORE YOU JOIN is a helpful thing to do.
Its because when it was broken, when you joinned you lost all your stuff
I know a couple people and me lost there stuff from it, I lost my enchanted diamond pick and some gold ore and diamonds

Offline cjm721

• [FORUM BANNED]
  • Cheese
    • View profile
« Reply #7 on: 5 November 2012, 06:29:54 PM »

[Warning Note]
I know it was alowed i was just warning him that if he does it on another one that he shoulden't post on im just helping

Besides that picture I see nothing to say what happened besides that your profile did not load (it did not reset).

Also on your whole note to chaos what he did would be allowed in any thread (non ban appeal) It was informative and asked several things I would of. There is a difference between how he went  at and you went at it. He was acting as a 3ed party making a (true) statement about this issue explaining what happened in a non condescending way. You on the other hand keep trying to act as the person in change when you are on the same level as chaos and you should treat him as so, your equal.

• Member of Parliament
  • Cheese
    • View profile
« Reply #8 on: 7 November 2012, 08:08:24 AM »

[Warning Note]

Besides that picture I see nothing to say what happened besides that your profile did not load (it did not reset).

Also on your whole note to chaos what he did would be allowed in any thread (non ban appeal) It was informative and asked several things I would of. There is a difference between how he went  at and you went at it. He was acting as a 3ed party making a (true) statement about this issue explaining what happened in a non condescending way. You on the other hand keep trying to act as the person in change when you are on the same level as chaos and you should treat him as so, your equal.

• Member of Parliament
  • Cheese
    • View profile
« Reply #9 on: 7 November 2012, 08:10:28 AM »

[Warning Note]

Again as I said, I was only trying to help, Anyway me and buzzard lost all are stuff in are infontory's from that small 'Problem'

I now see that helping people is a bad idea so helping is gone....

Offline ChaosMushrooms

• Member of Parliament
  • Cheese
  • ckiens
    • View profile
« Reply #10 on: 14 November 2012, 02:22:06 PM »
Sorry, I haven't been on for a while. Anyway, regarding Mangler's first reply to me, I have to tell you that in my case it also did not happen as soon as I updated my server. I went for most of the day without it happening but when I logged on a few hours after updating, it kept happening. Stopping the server for a while seemed to temporarily fix the problem however I can see how this might not work on a public server. Sorry for any inconveniences I may have caused.

Offline Airbongo

• Staff Member | Administrator
  • Cheese
  • Llamas: 69
  • Eh, what's up, doc?
    • View profile
« Reply #11 on: 14 November 2012, 03:48:49 PM »
This thread is boring...and lame.
This thread is boring and lame, yep.

Kovos_Datch

« Reply #12 on: 14 November 2012, 04:51:09 PM »
This thread is boring...and lame.
This thread is boring and lame, yep.

Sounds like a petition to lock this thread. As we don't have this issue anymore, I feel that a locking would be in order.