Author Topic: Plugin Suggestion - Clans  (Read 2929 times)

Offline PurePlatinum (OP)

• New Villager
  • Llamas: 0
  • We are the engineers of your future.
    • View profile
Plugin Suggestion - Clans
« on: 7 March 2013, 05:59:02 PM »
Greetings, everyone.
I often find myself in the predicament of losing a specific home set within my town, or find myself killing allies whilst PvP'ing. This plugin I am suggesting could easily quell all of these issues.

http://dev.bukkit.org/server-mods/simpleclans/

This plug-in will permit the setting of homes for your whole town, or clan (As members of a town would likely be members of the towns clan). With this home, it is as simple as using "/town home" to teleport back to your place of residence. It will also allow for you to be prevented from attacking or damaging your clan members, thus allowing for town on town PvP and wars. Note that this is all configurable and certain aspects, such as if tags are displayed into the global chat. For my final statement, I would highly encourage the investigation and a trial run of this plug-in conducted by the staff. Thank-you for your consideration.
Cheers,
Dan.

Offline Airbongo

• Staff Member | Administrator
  • Cheese
  • Llamas: 69
  • Eh, what's up, doc?
    • View profile
Re: Plugin Suggestion - Clans
« Reply #1 on: 7 March 2013, 08:22:30 PM »
Is it like factions but without land protection?

• New Villager
    • View profile
« Reply #2 on: 7 March 2013, 08:36:19 PM »
In a sense, yet much easier to use. Factions, although meant for land claiming and such, could also be configured to do this, as there are options to disable land claiming (This would also prevent the setting of a faction home). But, for the purpose of being integrated with a survival server relying on WG borders and towns, I would highly suggest the plug-in SimpleClans instead of Factions. It permits the setting of a clan home wherever the leader of said tribe wishes (Such as the plaza or bazaar of the town which it belongs to?) and allow for the removal of friendly-fire between team-mates.

• New Villager
    • View profile
« Reply #3 on: 24 April 2013, 03:43:10 PM »
Bump?

Offline FurtLimes

• Cheese
  • Dancing like DirtyDan
    • View profile
« Reply #4 on: 29 April 2013, 02:56:30 PM »
Does seem quite interesting

Offline knitefall

• Cheese
  • Fuck you, fuck you, your cool, fuck you, I am out!
    • View profile
« Reply #5 on: 30 April 2013, 11:11:58 PM »
I'd like to remind everyone that the last time we had something like this, the server turned into random gang-banging, rage, chat spam, and noobs crying for their stuff.

Offline SirLogiC

• Member of Parliament
  • Cheese
    • View profile
« Reply #6 on: 1 May 2013, 02:04:16 AM »
If you could have it so that it was only active for wars, not always active maybe. Like a clan would have to declare war, then on a specific date the war starts, friendly fire is turned off and this goes for a week or so, with the winner being the one with the most kills or highest kill-death amount. Otherwise yeah it turns into ganking, rage and crying.