Author Topic: Unused Villages  (Read 2934 times)

Witchdoctor1

Unused Villages
« on: 11 July 2013, 05:22:06 PM »
Hello all,

I would like to make a proposal that could help many village owners, such as myself, expand and grow. In addition, it will help new players just starting out. I propose that villages that are still under protection BUT are unused/inactive get reported to the staff, wherein the staff, after investigating inactivity, removes protection from that village. For example, the single building village of Chicagoe has been inactive since I have built Karth, but it stands in the way of building my road to Qualia. That is but one of many examples that I can think of where inactive and unused villages become a hindrance to village building and the overall experience of the game. Any thoughts?

Offline Akomine

• Staff Member | Administrator
  • Cheese
  • Llamas: 666
  • Meep Meep
    • View profile
Re: Unused Villages
« Reply #1 on: 11 July 2013, 06:01:09 PM »
The general rule is 2 months.

Abandoned villages are first offered to any active members. Otherwise we [vaguely] assess the value of the village and sell it, and sometimes just unprotect it.
In the case of a 1 building village (which maybe shouldn't be a village in the first place) annoying you, we will likely just unprotect it and extend your land over it. Remind an SM or A to take a look when you see one of us.

Ako is gay and has superaids - Air

Witchdoctor1

« Reply #2 on: 11 July 2013, 06:03:43 PM »
The general rule is 2 months.

Abandoned villages are first offered to any active members. Otherwise we [vaguely] assess the value of the village and sell it, and sometimes just unprotect it.
In the case of a 1 building village (which maybe shouldn't be a village in the first place) annoying you, we will likely just unprotect it and extend your land over it. Remind an SM or A to take a look when you see one of us.

Will do. I just wander around a lot and see mud/cobble villages owned by players that I haven't seen on since I left for Africa. Thanks!

Offline Die_Endermen

• [FORUM BANNED]
  • Cheese
  • Llamas: -1
    • View profile
« Reply #3 on: 11 July 2013, 11:18:35 PM »
Chicagoe was blocking Buddyville to expand when Buddyville was first established.

Witchdoctor1

« Reply #4 on: 11 July 2013, 11:25:54 PM »
The only person at Chicagoe that has been on in the last 2 months was funnyjosh, and that was 1mo 12 days ago. The others have been 3+, one for 7mos. Should get it removed.