Author Topic: coming features- 1.7  (Read 3371 times)

Offline SirLogiC (OP)

• Member of Parliament
  • Cheese
  • Llamas: 0
    • View profile
coming features- 1.7
« on: 16 September 2013, 01:03:48 PM »
Just had a look if there is any new minecraft patches in development and yep there is a few snapshots. Quite a few new biomes added with a lot of clutter items too, in fact this could probably be called a biome patch. Some interesting stuff:

Mesa biome made with layered hard clay.

Mega taiga biome that spawns with 2x2 pine/spruce trees. Also has a new type of grass dirt block that doesn't spread, a new plain dirt that will never allow grass to grow on it (visually same as normal dirt, that may change). Moss stones, mushrooms and dead bushes also.

Savannah biome that will spawn with curved/warped acacia styled trees, don't know if it's a new wood type.

Black Forest that will spawn with 2x2 pine/spruce trees, giant mushrooms and will have an incredibly dense canopy, monsters can spawn in day! Also may have a new mushroom that glows yellow.

There is also some other new, minor biomes and alternate versions of existing ones.

There is now large ice spikes in snow plains (packed ice) that won't melt and is opaque. New sunflower plains that comes with a new sunflower plant, as well as a ton of new flowers and plants (2x high plants of a few kinds), like seriously there is a ton of new plants and flowers! Snow will now also fall based on Y level, pretty sure this means mountains and tall structures may be snow capped! Fishing enchants and improved fishing will come, as well as new fish- one which can be brewed for water breathing potion. Removal of pumpkins as water breathing items on VC then? Achievements and stats are changed and improved, also tracked per world now and it seems they can be used for server quests or something.

There is changes to ocean generation, plus all these new biomes means there will probably be an endless number of chunk errors that will occur at the edges of the explored world. This might be a pain for VC admins, but will also be awesome for exploration. A lot of commands change too, which will probably affect administration game mods a lot.

source:
link

Offline ChaosMushrooms

• Member of Parliament
  • Cheese
  • ckiens
    • View profile
Re: coming features- 1.7
« Reply #1 on: 16 September 2013, 01:06:00 PM »
not new wood type used on savanna trees; it is jungle wood

Offline luisc99

• Staff Member | Administrator
  • Cheese
  • Llamas: 60
    • View profile
« Reply #2 on: 16 September 2013, 01:11:51 PM »
The world features look cool, and there are already loads of chunk boarders around the world so I doubt it will be a problem.

Also, the new commands are great. I've player around with them and they may not seem like much, but are very powerful when it comes to using them properly. You can create stacked mobs with potion effects and NBT in vanilla MC now, and self replicating command blocks that spread like bacteria. Command blocks have changed loads too, can't wait to play with their full potential in depth. I'd better do this in SP, I've had too many derps with them recently...

Also, how could you forget the new portals?! They can be any size up to 23x23 (and square / rectangle) and can be used to create short distance teleport. Great stuff!

Offline ChaosMushrooms

• Member of Parliament
  • Cheese
  • ckiens
    • View profile
« Reply #3 on: 16 September 2013, 02:33:30 PM »
Also invisible wall at end of generating world (like 30,000,000 or something)

Offline luisc99

• Staff Member | Administrator
  • Cheese
  • Llamas: 60
    • View profile
« Reply #4 on: 16 September 2013, 03:15:48 PM »

That in? I though it was just the void. Now I suppose the few people who go to the far lands will not die when they get there :P

Offline SirLogiC (OP)

• Member of Parliament
  • Cheese
    • View profile
« Reply #5 on: 17 September 2013, 01:46:10 AM »

That in? I though it was just the void. Now I suppose the few people who go to the far lands will not die when they get there :P

Just checked that up and currently chunks after 30,000,000 are not solid, you fall through them into the void. This change means you can't walk outside the 30,000,000 mark.

To be honest though I am most excited about the plant clutter! I will be taking full advantage of that, my tree will just look amazing!

Offline Buildbecky

• Member of Parliament
  • Cheese
  • Llamas: 1
  • It's that Becky the Builder.
    • View profile
    • My blog
« Reply #6 on: 20 September 2013, 02:20:31 AM »
Looks great, thanks for posting
it's a running joke where i say things about luis that are untrue and they are actually true and i didnt know about them
I dunno what I'm talking about most of the time so don't listen to meh.