Author Topic: Paul Walker  (Read 3784 times)

Offline JANUARYJONES (OP)

• Staff Member | Administrator
  • Cheese
  • Llamas: 1
    • View profile
Paul Walker
« on: 1 December 2013, 03:03:50 AM »
Many of you probably know Paul Walker died Saturday and I'm sure you know him from the Fast and Furious films.
He was so much more than that.
He was a really amazing person and as someone who is very into films and cars (he was a part of Always Evolving) I am quite heartbroken.

Whether you are a driver or passenger know that every time you're in a vehicle your life is in the hands of others as well as your own, and their lives are in your hands. Be safe and stay alive.

Offline ChaosMushrooms

• Member of Parliament
  • Cheese
  • Llamas: 0
  • ckiens
    • View profile
Re: Paul Walker
« Reply #1 on: 1 December 2013, 08:09:44 AM »
What a great guy, rest in peace.

Offline Airbongo

• Cheese
  • Llamas: 69
  • Eh, what's up, doc?
    • View profile
« Reply #2 on: 1 December 2013, 10:28:05 AM »
He was pretty young. That sucks :(

Joshtimasprime

« Reply #3 on: 1 December 2013, 02:37:05 PM »
 :'( At least he lives on in film?

Offline ChaosMushrooms

• Member of Parliament
  • Cheese
  • ckiens
    • View profile
« Reply #4 on: 1 December 2013, 02:48:27 PM »
:'( At least he lives on in film?
At least he lives on in our hearts. I was really depressed all day because of this :(

Offline Airbongo

• Cheese
  • Llamas: 69
  • Eh, what's up, doc?
    • View profile
« Reply #5 on: 1 December 2013, 09:57:09 PM »
I think the only celebrity death that has made me genuinely sad was when James Gandolfini died not long ago. The Sopranos was one of my favorite shows :(

Leslie Nielsen's death was pretty shitty too but he was old.

Why can't the shitty stars die? If Justin Bieber died, I would drink in celebration. I genuinely would.

Offline SirLogiC

• Member of Parliament
  • Cheese
    • View profile
« Reply #6 on: 2 December 2013, 01:11:47 AM »
Heath ledger was one that got me. I think he got too deep into his acting roles and it was a massive mental strain on him, but he was an amazing actor.

Didn't care too much for the Fast and Furious films, I think Jan knows more about cars than me lol. Still it's sad when anyone dies before their time.

Offline ChaosMushrooms

• Member of Parliament
  • Cheese
  • ckiens
    • View profile
« Reply #7 on: 2 December 2013, 01:51:09 AM »
Well it kind of got to me because me and my dad had just finished watching the Fast & Furious series :(

Joshtimasprime

« Reply #8 on: 2 December 2013, 06:31:42 PM »
Didn't he die in a car wreck? Kinda ironic if you think about it...

Witchdoctor1

« Reply #9 on: 5 December 2013, 07:43:22 AM »
Honestly, Paul Walker did a lot to advance Veteran's Issues, and while I hate the fact that he passed, approximately 200 American Veterans from WWII-Iraq/Afghanistan perished at the same time. Some from old age, some from suicide, some from illnesses/injuries/disabilities caused by their service. Yes, I know many of you are not American, but the same thing is happening to the UK, NZ, AUS, Germany, France, Russia, etc. Most of them pass without anyone knowing at all. Do not only remember those whose faces are on the front page of magazines, but EVERYONE who died who had lived their lives selflessly for the betterment of others (even if you do not agree that they are, in their minds they are doing what is right for their peoples).

Offline JANUARYJONES (OP)

• Cheese
  • Llamas: 1
    • View profile
« Reply #10 on: 5 December 2013, 02:25:35 PM »
Thanks Witch and all those people who say that on Facebook every single time a famous person dies, I would have no idea about any of that if it weren't for you!

Offline SirLogiC

• Member of Parliament
  • Cheese
    • View profile
« Reply #11 on: 5 December 2013, 10:56:39 PM »
Honestly, Paul Walker did a lot to advance Veteran's Issues, and while I hate the fact that he passed, approximately 200 American Veterans from WWII-Iraq/Afghanistan perished at the same time. Some from old age, some from suicide, some from illnesses/injuries/disabilities caused by their service. Yes, I know many of you are not American, but the same thing is happening to the UK, NZ, AUS, Germany, France, Russia, etc. Most of them pass without anyone knowing at all. Do not only remember those whose faces are on the front page of magazines, but EVERYONE who died who had lived their lives selflessly for the betterment of others (even if you do not agree that they are, in their minds they are doing what is right for their peoples).

In Australia there is ANZAC Day national holiday. Australia is proud of its servicemen. Initially the holiday was started to remember the loss of life during the Gallipoli invasion during WWI, but is now used to acknowledge all servicemen lost in war. All cities and many local clubs and schools hold dawn services, where servicemen march to "The Last post" at dawn. I've been to one of these, and let me say getting up at 4:30am is not natural for me  :(. There is also a minute of silence held on this day, which radio stations and some tv stations will honour.

"Lest We Forget"

I hear stories about things that have been done to veterans in the US. Seems the right wing is happy to support a military larger than the next 10 countries combined, but doesn't want to have anything to do with supporting those servicemen when they return.
« Last Edit: 5 December 2013, 11:09:55 PM by SirLogiC »