Author Topic: [Moved from Staff Board] Ako, you are wrong.  (Read 15790 times)

Offline Airbongo (OP)

• Staff Member | Administrator
  • Cheese
  • Llamas: 69
  • Eh, what's up, doc?
    • View profile
Re: [Moved from Staff Board] Ako, you are wrong.
« Reply #31 on: 15 February 2014, 08:26:47 PM »
Akunt: -1
Air: 70

Offline Akomine

• Cheese
  • Llamas: 666
  • Meep Meep
    • View profile
Re: Ako, you are wrong.
« Reply #32 on: 16 February 2014, 09:49:45 PM »
"A more recent one" probably means lazy internet losers using it has made it so commonplace it is quasi-acceptable now. Possessive is 's. There is no random rule that says if a name ends in s to randomly drop the 's.
Actually, most "lazy internet losers" don't use apostrophes at all, and when they do, they would do it correctly. And even if that is not the case, and you are correct, it still doesn't really matter why both ways are considered correct, the fact remains that you have, in fact, just been owned. =D

Ehh, Oxford corrected my lazy internet losers guess when it said it has more to do with organizations using strange syntax for their own proper names. Again, both ways are NOT considered correct in general usage, only that there are a few rare exceptions. Didn't you read the link or what Witch said? Why are you saying I got owned?

Ako is gay and has superaids - Air

Witchdoctor1

« Reply #33 on: 21 February 2014, 01:08:34 PM »
"A more recent one" probably means lazy internet losers using it has made it so commonplace it is quasi-acceptable now. Possessive is 's. There is no random rule that says if a name ends in s to randomly drop the 's.
Actually, most "lazy internet losers" don't use apostrophes at all, and when they do, they would do it correctly. And even if that is not the case, and you are correct, it still doesn't really matter why both ways are considered correct, the fact remains that you have, in fact, just been owned. =D

Ehh, Oxford corrected my lazy internet losers guess when it said it has more to do with organizations using strange syntax for their own proper names. Again, both ways are NOT considered correct in general usage, only that there are a few rare exceptions. Didn't you read the link or what Witch said? Why are you saying I got owned?

Because simpletons and children will argue their point to no end, regardless of any amount of evidence to the contrary presented to them. YES, I BASICALLY CALLED MOST OF YOU RETARDED KIDS.

Offline ChaosMushrooms

• Member of Parliament
  • Cheese
  • Llamas: 0
  • ckiens
    • View profile
« Reply #34 on: 21 February 2014, 01:13:42 PM »
ye but half of vc is anyway.

Offline Airbongo (OP)

• Cheese
  • Eh, what's up, doc?
    • View profile
« Reply #35 on: 21 February 2014, 01:20:27 PM »

Because simpletons and children will argue their point to no end, regardless of any amount of evidence to the contrary presented to them. YES, I BASICALLY CALLED MOST OF YOU RETARDED KIDS.
no u

Offline TheCatsMangler

• Member of Parliament
  • Cheese
  • Llamas: -3
    • View profile
« Reply #36 on: 21 February 2014, 04:26:32 PM »
Airborne, I am not taking sides, but isn't Akomine one of the four owners of the server? So that gives him the privilege to create, and change rules with the vote of the other three owners. Face it, in VC. Akomine is god! So I suggest a change of rules : P
Just saying, even though the traditional ways of changing stuff is by the vote of the parliament and the staff, Akomine still has authority to change stuff.

I probably made a huge mistake in saying that, but I will just blame Obama for what happens.

:)

Offline ChaosMushrooms

• Member of Parliament
  • Cheese
  • ckiens
    • View profile
« Reply #37 on: 21 February 2014, 04:38:31 PM »
blame luisbama

Offline Airbongo (OP)

• Cheese
  • Eh, what's up, doc?
    • View profile
« Reply #38 on: 21 February 2014, 05:08:46 PM »
Airborne, I am not taking sides, but isn't Akomine one of the four owners of the server? So that gives him the privilege to create, and change rules with the vote of the other three owners. Face it, in VC. Akomine is god! So I suggest a change of rules : P
Just saying, even though the traditional ways of changing stuff is by the vote of the parliament and the staff, Akomine still has authority to change stuff.

I probably made a huge mistake in saying that, but I will just blame Obama for what happens.

:)
Wat?

Offline SirLogiC

• Member of Parliament
  • Cheese
    • View profile
« Reply #39 on: 22 February 2014, 12:04:05 AM »
I remember seeing the form without the 2nd s before the Internet made people lazy at spelling. I thought that was normal. Maybe there is some cultural norms on the use of ...s's vs ...s' that varies per country.

Offline ChaosMushrooms

• Member of Parliament
  • Cheese
  • ckiens
    • View profile
« Reply #40 on: 22 February 2014, 02:17:24 AM »
I was taught s' at school

Offline luisc99

• Cheese
  • Llamas: 60
    • View profile
« Reply #41 on: 22 February 2014, 06:37:12 AM »

I was taught 's for names. Besides, you always say your English teacher is terrible ;)

Offline ChaosMushrooms

• Member of Parliament
  • Cheese
  • ckiens
    • View profile
« Reply #42 on: 22 February 2014, 08:37:42 AM »

I was taught 's for names. Besides, you always say your English teacher is terrible ;)

In primary school, nerd. And it was for names. so both

Offline luisc99

• Cheese
  • Llamas: 60
    • View profile
« Reply #43 on: 22 February 2014, 09:31:19 AM »

Then again, this is Britain. Nobody is taught the same due to stupid government people who need firing/shooting.

Offline ChaosMushrooms

• Member of Parliament
  • Cheese
  • ckiens
    • View profile
« Reply #44 on: 22 February 2014, 10:00:56 AM »

Then again, this is Britain. Nobody is taught the same due to stupid government people who need firing/shooting.

like u

Witchdoctor1

« Reply #45 on: 27 February 2014, 10:47:30 PM »

no u
and? we all knew that, feg.