Author Topic: Rules in The End  (Read 20661 times)

Offline Akomine

• Staff Member | Administrator
  • Cheese
  • Llamas: 666
  • Meep Meep
    • View profile
Re: Rules in The End
« Reply #31 on: 19 July 2012, 10:31:21 PM »
Tbh I liked it when you guys spawned an ender dragon every day and a bunch of people fought it.

Now people exploit the enderman exp instead of the dragon exp. And I agree.

Ako is gay and has superaids - Air

Offline boylink

• Cheese
  • Llamas: 0
    • View profile
« Reply #32 on: 19 July 2012, 10:36:52 PM »
Tbh I liked it when you guys spawned an ender dragon every day and a bunch of people fought it.

Besides it's a lot more fun fighting the dragon then sitting there and hitting endermen...

Offline Islid

• Cheese
  • Time Traveller Extraordinare
    • View profile
« Reply #33 on: 20 July 2012, 01:53:12 AM »

Besides it's a lot more fun fighting the dragon then sitting there and hitting endermen...

This actually sounds really fun to do. Why did this event stop? Lol.

Offline Teamfe

• Villager
  • The bringer of knowledge.
    • View profile
« Reply #34 on: 20 July 2012, 11:03:33 AM »
Of course Enderman xp farms are an exploit to the spawning mechanics, but isn't minecraft one of the only games that exploits are studied as if science.
Practically half of redstone theory could be defined as exploits or bugs that have been left in the code for the benefit of those who use it, without the exploits many of the logic gates would not work, BUD switches etc.
For me half the fun of minecraft is discovering strange game mechanics or "exploits" and harnessing them to give me an advantage.

I do not agree that the XP attained from the Enderman farms are giving the users an unfair advantage. Those who gather the resources and put their time and effort into building the farm should reap the rewards.
Saying that this is unfair is like saying those who research and put time and effort into gaining an advantage in sports is unfair, with the example of cyclists or auto sports using modern materials such as carbon fibre or fibre glass. It is up to those who want to "compete" to follow the leaders and use the new technologies.

I do however agree that the economy alongside the Enderman farms unlimited supply of ender pearls are being abused, mainly by 1 person. And we all know the person that yearns for a virtual wealth that cannot buy him much more than cooked porkchops or wood logs from the market.
Personally I am not too found of the economy system, I prefer bartering and trading but am unsure how practical this is in a large server as I have never seeen any server carry out this method of an economy. Most servers believe more plugins attract more players.

Honestly, my only suggestion would be to remove the selling of enderpearls completely and a complete economy reset, everyone starts from zero. Admins included.

Offline Akomine

• Cheese
  • Meep Meep
    • View profile
« Reply #35 on: 20 July 2012, 01:46:13 PM »
This actually sounds really fun to do. Why did this event stop? Lol.

1. We got tired of doing it for the same people over and over.
2. The End turned into more of an ender pearl exploitation station.

We can do it again though.

Offline Akomine

• Cheese
  • Meep Meep
    • View profile
« Reply #36 on: 20 July 2012, 02:00:05 PM »
Of course Enderman xp farms are an exploit to the spawning mechanics, but isn't minecraft one of the only games that exploits are studied as if science.
Practically half of redstone theory could be defined as exploits or bugs that have been left in the code for the benefit of those who use it, without the exploits many of the logic gates would not work, BUD switches etc.
For me half the fun of minecraft is discovering strange game mechanics or "exploits" and harnessing them to give me an advantage.
While many many many games are studied for weird bugs and exploits, they are often embraced and accepted. In StarCraft, for example, there are a shitload of known oddities that were discovered over the years, and many were deliberately coded into StarCraft II.
In Minecraft, there are indeed many good oddities. Our point, however, is that Enderman spawners are problematic for the economy/fairness/spirit of VC. We removed the selling of pearls, people bitched, and now they are back at a low price. The interesting thing about the spawners is that Mojang doesn't like them and is thinking about patching MC to make them much less "Overpowered". Mojang isn't exactly efficient, so who knows when that will happen.

I do not agree that the XP attained from the Enderman farms are giving the users an unfair advantage. Those who gather the resources and put their time and effort into building the farm should reap the rewards.
Saying that this is unfair is like saying those who research and put time and effort into gaining an advantage in sports is unfair, with the example of cyclists or auto sports using modern materials such as carbon fibre or fibre glass. It is up to those who want to "compete" to follow the leaders and use the new technologies.
Some of us think the argument that you put "time" into building the spawners means you deserve to reap the rewards is missing the point. It's not like putting the time into making carbon fibre for a racecar to go faster; it's like putting time into developing a microchip that exploits a flaw in an ATM and pours out unlimited money.

I do however agree that the economy alongside the Enderman farms unlimited supply of ender pearls are being abused, mainly by 1 person.
Regardless of how many people are exploiting them now, I think protecting the spawners will only increase the amount of people exploiting them.

And we all know the person that yearns for a virtual wealth that cannot buy him much more than cooked porkchops or wood logs from the market.
Personally I am not too found of the economy system, I prefer bartering and trading but am unsure how practical this is in a large server as I have never seeen any server carry out this method of an economy. Most servers believe more plugins attract more players.
While I sometimes wish we had a bartering system, but I don't think it would be very good. The most we can do is make certain materials not for sale in the market (There already are some).

Honestly, my only suggestion would be to remove the selling of enderpearls completely and a complete economy reset, everyone starts from zero. Admins included.
Removing pearls is an option, but resetting the economy? That's pretty extreme... though interesting.

Thanks for the comments
« Last Edit: 20 July 2012, 02:03:33 PM by Akomine »

Offline Rainy_Turtloid

• Cheese
  • Turtles are incredible
    • View profile
« Reply #37 on: 20 July 2012, 02:25:16 PM »
While many many many games are studied for weird bugs and exploits, they are often embraced and accepted. In StarCraft, for example, there are a shitload of known oddities that were discovered over the years, and many were deliberately coded into StarCraft II.
In Minecraft, there are indeed many good oddities. Our point, however, is that Enderman spawners are problematic for the economy/fairness/spirit of VC. We removed the selling of pearls, people bitched, and now they are back at a low price. The interesting thing about the spawners is that Mojang doesn't like them and is thinking about patching MC to make them much less "Overpowered". Mojang isn't exactly efficient, so who knows when that will happen.

Some of us think the argument that you put "time" into building the spawners means you deserve to reap the rewards is missing the point. It's not like putting the time into making carbon fibre for a racecar to go faster; it's like putting time into developing a microchip that exploits a flaw in an ATM and pours out unlimited money.

I do however agree that the economy alongside the Enderman farms unlimited supply of ender pearls are being abused, mainly by 1 person.
Regardless of how many people are exploiting them now, I think protecting the spawners will only increase the amount of people exploiting them.

And we all know the person that yearns for a virtual wealth that cannot buy him much more than cooked porkchops or wood logs from the market.
While I sometimes wish we had a bartering system, but I don't think it would be very good. The most we can do is make certain materials not for sale in the market (There already are some).

Removing pearls is an option, but resetting the economy? That's pretty extreme... though interesting.

Thanks for the comments

Dont reset, majority of players will leave and thats my 2 dollars.

Sorry I didn't meen it in a donation fasion, my phone auto corrects certain things and I meant:
Thats my 2 dollars.
« Last Edit: 21 July 2012, 10:43:35 AM by Rainy_Turtloid »

Offline Teamfe

• Villager
  • The bringer of knowledge.
    • View profile
« Reply #38 on: 20 July 2012, 04:05:55 PM »

Dont reset, majority of players will leave and i wont give my 20 bucsk

I don't get peoples fascination with money? What can it buy that you cannot attain in other, far funner ways?

Offline Bl4ck_St0ne

• I NEED MORE JLAW FACIALS PLS
  • Cheese
  • Llamas: 1
  • I like cheesy bread.
    • View profile
« Reply #39 on: 20 July 2012, 05:36:48 PM »

I would do that with people, let people tp to me then build little bases and fight it
The Fappening will continue... FOREVER ON JLAW NUDES... FOREVER ON!

Offline cjm721

• [FORUM BANNED]
  • Cheese
    • View profile
« Reply #40 on: 20 July 2012, 06:29:50 PM »

Thanks for the comments

Rain your not the majority and its just virtual (and your $20 that you keep saying you will give has gotten old especially after you annoyed pup into donating for you so you could get the [D] tag). I would love to disable end spawners and then reset the balance and all money earned unfairly would be removed, and the people that like to play this server would continue to play. If your playing just to get cash your in the wrong mindset as first its not real and second one error could destroy it all.

Also teamfe the time and money put into an enderman farm is about 10x the return of anything else I know how to build. Your also lucky people know how to code and give alot away as today's world was built around smart people leading and the rest getting benefits that they put no work in for because if you had to learn how it works to use it almost noone be able to use any of today's technology.

Offline Airbongo

• Cheese
  • Llamas: 69
  • Eh, what's up, doc?
    • View profile
« Reply #41 on: 20 July 2012, 07:09:46 PM »

Majority of players don't have HUGE sums of money. Honestly, anyone that leaves because his virtual money got taken away is the not the type of person we like playing in Villagecraft.

You won't give your 20 bucks? That's you choice but don't fucking think it influences any of our decisions.
« Last Edit: 20 July 2012, 07:38:32 PM by airborne101st45 »

Offline DarkenedAngel

• Member of Parliament
  • Cheese
    • View profile
« Reply #42 on: 20 July 2012, 07:15:22 PM »
I will be really really unhappy if you reset my monies :~(....

Offline Airbongo

• Cheese
  • Eh, what's up, doc?
    • View profile
« Reply #43 on: 20 July 2012, 07:19:56 PM »
I will be really really unhappy if you reset my monies :~(....

shhh quiet down my son.

Offline Akomine

• Cheese
  • Meep Meep
    • View profile
« Reply #44 on: 20 July 2012, 07:21:19 PM »
We aren't planning on reseting muneez.

Offline Airbongo

• Cheese
  • Eh, what's up, doc?
    • View profile
« Reply #45 on: 20 July 2012, 07:23:32 PM »
We aren't planning on reseting muneez.

It's not off the table tho :)

Offline Airbongo

• Cheese
  • Eh, what's up, doc?
    • View profile
« Reply #46 on: 20 July 2012, 07:31:17 PM »

I don't get peoples fascination with money? What can it buy that you cannot attain in other, far funner ways?

True. One of the fun aspects of a server with an economy plugin is to increase your net-worth. A few people already control most of the money so it would be nice to start over. A few people control most of the money...hmmm sounds familiar :)

Offline Bl4ck_St0ne

• I NEED MORE JLAW FACIALS PLS
  • Cheese
  • Llamas: 1
  • I like cheesy bread.
    • View profile
« Reply #47 on: 21 July 2012, 04:28:01 AM »
I would do that, and build bases for ppl :D
The Fappening will continue... FOREVER ON JLAW NUDES... FOREVER ON!

Offline Rainy_Turtloid

• Cheese
  • Turtles are incredible
    • View profile
« Reply #48 on: 21 July 2012, 10:44:54 AM »
I would do that, and build bases for ppl :D

Like in ZOmbie apocolyspes, you spawned a shitton of zombies and we I was the only one brave enough to go outside and kick ass along with you :)

Good times

Offline Pupdude

• Member of Parliament
  • Villager
  • I'm Sexy and I Know It!
    • View profile
« Reply #49 on: 2 August 2012, 09:04:34 PM »
Rain your not the majority and its just virtual (and your $20 that you keep saying you will give has gotten old especially after you annoyed pup into donating for you so you could get the [D] tag). I would love to disable end spawners and then reset the balance and all money earned unfairly would be removed, and the people that like to play this server would continue to play. If your playing just to get cash your in the wrong mindset as first its not real and second one error could destroy it all.

Damn right, he annoyed me.  You should have seen the Skype conversation.  He PMed me like, every 2 seconds. DX

By the way, do I have the right to temporarily and/or permanently transfer my donation benefits between people?  Like, say transfer the 50 cents I paid for Sir, who is now gone, to me?  If so, I want to transfer the benefits back to me.  I don't think Rainy deserves it. XD And Sir's gone, so it was given to him for nothing.

Offline Rainy_Turtloid

• Cheese
  • Turtles are incredible
    • View profile
« Reply #50 on: 2 August 2012, 09:07:00 PM »

Damn right, he annoyed me.  You should have seen the Skype conversation.  He PMed me like, every 2 seconds. DX

By the way, do I have the right to temporarily and/or permanently transfer my donation benefits between people?  Like, say transfer the 50 cents I paid for Sir, who is now gone, to me?  If so, I want to transfer the benefits back to me.  I don't think Rainy deserves it. XD And Sir's gone, so it was given to him for nothing.

Sir is coming back lol like soon and why don't I deserve it? the deal was 5k in in-game cash for me and sir.

Offline Pupdude

• Member of Parliament
  • Villager
    • View profile
« Reply #51 on: 2 August 2012, 09:20:11 PM »
You don't deserve your color nicks XD

Offline Islid

• Cheese
  • Time Traveller Extraordinare
    • View profile
« Reply #52 on: 2 August 2012, 10:14:33 PM »

Sir is coming back lol like soon and why don't I deserve it? the deal was 5k in in-game cash for me and sir.

An interesting concept... he did technically donate it, not Rainy or Sir, so... could it be done? O.o

Offline Rainy_Turtloid

• Cheese
  • Turtles are incredible
    • View profile
« Reply #53 on: 2 August 2012, 10:35:55 PM »
Lol I waiting for Air's NO Face xD

An interesting concept... he did technically donate it, not Rainy or Sir, so... could it be done? O.o

Offline Pupdude

• Member of Parliament
  • Villager
    • View profile
« Reply #54 on: 2 August 2012, 10:39:25 PM »
...Modified with the word YES.

XD