Author Topic: Mob heads  (Read 5345 times)

Offline Hogz (OP)

• Member of Parliament
  • Cheese
  • Llamas: 0
    • View profile
Mob heads
« on: 5 April 2014, 10:36:48 AM »
I don't know the plugin name, but its glichy

the only ones that have worked are the "real" heads and a witch head but the rest don't work
"ye boiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii" - JFK

John Coffey: I'm tired, boss. Tired of being on the road, lonely as a sparrow in the rain. I'm tired of never having a buddy to be with, to tell me where we's going to, coming from or why. Mostly, I'm tired of people being ugly to each other. I'm tired of all the pain I feel and hear in the world every day. There's too much of it. It's like pieces of glass in my head, all the time... Can you understand?" - The Green Mile

Offline ChaosMushrooms

• Member of Parliament
  • Cheese
  • ckiens
    • View profile
Re: Mob heads
« Reply #1 on: 5 April 2014, 03:50:23 PM »
Why what is wrong?

Offline Hogz (OP)

• Member of Parliament
  • Cheese
    • View profile
« Reply #2 on: 6 April 2014, 02:23:06 PM »
the Pig heads and the blaze heads (and others) are not what there are.

the only heads that work are the Item Heads (ones you can get in creative mode) and that witch head

John Coffey: I'm tired, boss. Tired of being on the road, lonely as a sparrow in the rain. I'm tired of never having a buddy to be with, to tell me where we's going to, coming from or why. Mostly, I'm tired of people being ugly to each other. I'm tired of all the pain I feel and hear in the world every day. There's too much of it. It's like pieces of glass in my head, all the time... Can you understand?" - The Green Mile

Offline TheCatsMangler

• Member of Parliament
  • Cheese
  • Llamas: -3
    • View profile
« Reply #3 on: 6 April 2014, 02:32:46 PM »

the only heads that work are the Item Heads (ones you can get in creative mode) and that witch head
Tried replacing them? If not, then maybe it screwed up with the April fools joke. I would also suggest showing a snapshot of you holding the item in your hand with the name showing. Just so we can see what your actually placing. In case it's different than what you think.

Offline luisc99

• Staff Member | Administrator
  • Cheese
  • Llamas: 60
    • View profile
« Reply #4 on: 6 April 2014, 02:43:57 PM »

Tried replacing them? If not, then maybe it screwed up with the April fools joke. I would also suggest showing a snapshot of you holding the item in your hand with the name showing. Just so we can see what your actually placing. In case it's different than what you think.

April fools day shouldn't have affected it

Offline Hogz (OP)

• Member of Parliament
  • Cheese
    • View profile
« Reply #5 on: 6 April 2014, 02:49:07 PM »
ive replaced all of them just to check but it still is messing up (ill post the screenie soon)

Offline TheCatsMangler

• Member of Parliament
  • Cheese
  • Llamas: -3
    • View profile
« Reply #6 on: 6 April 2014, 02:50:04 PM »

April fools day shouldn't have affected it

I highly doubt april fools affected it, but what im going with is everyone's skins changed. I am not sure if the heads changed but if they did, there is a 1000 to 1 chance it could of. I am just putting all the options I can think of together. 

Offline JANUARYJONES

• Cheese
  • Llamas: 1
    • View profile
« Reply #7 on: 6 April 2014, 03:50:59 PM »
When I read this yesterday I checked it and some of the heads weren't working for me too but since this morning they're all appearing properly.

Offline luisc99

• Cheese
  • Llamas: 60
    • View profile
« Reply #8 on: 6 April 2014, 04:41:16 PM »
The best theory I can come up with is that the skin servers were down, or partially down, over the past few days, and the mob heads got caught up in this. The ones that worked would've been first rendered, even if you didn't see it, when the skin servers were up, and the rest when they were down.

I can confirm this too, as yesterday on FTB both my skin and KingNurtul's was not showing up to me, and Catty's was, but to him it looked like mine and his were fine.

If this persists, tell me and I'll see what I can do. Otherwise, all should be resolved as Jan said.

I highly doubt april fools affected it, but what im going with is everyone's skins changed. I am not sure if the heads changed but if they did, there is a 1000 to 1 chance it could of. I am just putting all the options I can think of together. 
I doubt they would change everyone's skin. The was I assume they did it, or the way I would have done it, is to change the return value of the skin download call, so when the client requests minecraft.net/skins/luisc99, instead of returning 1acdc0ce-f391-4835-9214-0fad8064fe70.png, it'd return a random villager skin. Yes, that's my player UUID. I used it because I mostly remember it due to some snapshot tests I've been doing.