Author Topic: Rainy placing lava inside a town to kill me  (Read 6977 times)

Offline knitefall (OP)

• Cheese
  • Llamas: 0
  • Fuck you, fuck you, your cool, fuck you, I am out!
    • View profile
Rainy placing lava inside a town to kill me
« on: 30 July 2012, 01:26:52 PM »
I was stalking a couple of players who tryed to trick me earlyer. and i killed both of them once. and Rainy jumps in to "save" them after he agreed that He wont do anything if i did try to kill them. In a town he puts down lava, whilst some major lag. so the lag stops and i find my self in lava with half health. So i jump in a pond. i see a door with a netherportal and i think i could exape thru the portal, The room had no doors, and rainy blocked me in using fence. then proceded to place lava all over. i logged out, because it was not fair. Why has he not been BANNED? he may be a donor, but if people are right HE DIDNT EVEN DONATE someone else did for him!

Offline knitefall (OP)

• Cheese
    • View profile
Re: Rainy placing lava inside a town to kill me
« Reply #1 on: 30 July 2012, 01:28:12 PM »
This was around 11:36 AM 7/30/12

Offline Islid

• Cheese
  • Time Traveller Extraordinare
    • View profile
« Reply #2 on: 30 July 2012, 01:30:01 PM »
I'll need to see the town it was done in and the scene of the incident. If this was in a town where PVP was disabled, such an activity is against the rules and is a potentially bannable offense. I'd like each of the moderators to weigh in individually on this matter.

I was also under the impression that one more bannable or jailable offense would cause Rainy to be permanently banned from this server, with little chance for appeal - however, that's something for Ako to discuss with the rest of the staff.

Please leave comments below.

Offline Rainy_Turtloid

• Cheese
  • Turtles are incredible
    • View profile
« Reply #3 on: 30 July 2012, 01:40:09 PM »
I'll need to see the town it was done in and the scene of the incident. If this was in a town where PVP was disabled, such an activity is against the rules and is a potentially bannable offense. I'd like each of the moderators to weigh in individually on this matter.

I was also under the impression that one more bannable or jailable offense would cause Rainy to be permanently banned from this server, with little chance for appeal - however, that's something for Ako to discuss with the rest of the staff.

Please leave comments below.

Um I told knite sorry and i stopped.

Also being a donor doesn't make you any bit more special than other members.

I sincerly didn't know this was bannable because CJ let josh burn me with lava and flint and didn't do anything and let him do it. So i thought it was allowed.

Knite I'm sorry.

Offline knitefall (OP)

• Cheese
    • View profile
« Reply #4 on: 30 July 2012, 01:42:03 PM »
People say the only reason you weren't banned before, is because you are a donor... and "sorry" doesnt fix my armor 

Offline Rainy_Turtloid

• Cheese
  • Turtles are incredible
    • View profile
« Reply #5 on: 30 July 2012, 01:44:48 PM »
People say the only reason you weren't banned before, is because you are a donor... and "sorry" doesnt fix my armor

If you want I can repair your armour as I have high repair skills. I'll use my own diamonds for it too.

Sorry again KNitefall

Offline Islid

• Cheese
    • View profile
« Reply #6 on: 30 July 2012, 01:47:31 PM »
I'm locking this post until my final report, which I'll be posting shortly, for the admins to review. I'll unlock it again then.

Topic Temporarily Locked

Offline Islid

• Cheese
    • View profile
« Reply #7 on: 30 July 2012, 02:19:10 PM »
Final Report, as follows:

At approximately 12:10 PM on July 30th, 2012 (GMT -6), Rainy and Knitefall were engaged in an argument of an unspecified nature, stemming from a negative interaction between the two of them earlier when Knitefall was retaliating against a couple of people in the out lands for attempting to stage an ambush on him. This negative interaction was the result of Knitefall and Rainy having engaged in combat, Knitefall using an enderpearl to get away, and then Rainy calling a foul on him - resulting in the argument at the listed time.

A few minutes into the argument, it appears that Rainy and Knitefall had, despite their argument, agreed that nothing would be done to either of them in a town called "The Shire" (owned by captin_pie). Upon the enactment of this agreement, Rainy immediately went against it, using lava buckets first to try and kill Knitefall in the town while he was semi-afk. Knite returned to see himself burning in the lava, so he quickly jumped into the nearby lake to rescue himself from imminent death.

This is some of the fallout from that lava that was destroyed by Rainy with cobblestone to clean it up:

Upon entering a small alcove inside of the pond, Rainy barricaded him inside with a couple of fences (since Knite was not a part of the town, he was unable to break them). He placed a bucket of lava in the room, picked it up after a second, according to the LB logs.

After doing this, he teleported out, which was around the time that I stepped in and asked what was going on, just to have Knitefall tell me he'd been attacked by Rainy in a no-pvp zone (which the Shire is) and that he was going to post about it on the forums. Attached are screenshots of the LB logs of each event in question, posted below the appropriate paragraph.

My personal interpretation of the situation is based on prior treatments of people who have engaged in similar activities - I have seen people have punishments administered for engaging in PVP in roundabout ways before, despite being in a non-PVP city or protected area (potions, lava, flint and steel, etc.) I have seen at least one ban as a result of lava use for PVP in non-PVP zones, and plenty of lesser punishments by several mods, such as jail or a monetary fine.

I was also under the impression from Akomine that one last conflict involving Rainy and a jailable/bannable offense would result in a permaban that could be appealed, but would be unlikely to be accepted. That information is for the mods to decide to do with what they will.

Such is my report on the matter.

~ Islid

EDIT:

For clarification, when a topic is locked, that doesn't mean "HEY GO PUT UP ANOTHER ONE BECAUSE THAT'S OBVIOUSLY WHAT THEY WANT ME TO DO". It means shut the hell up for awhile until the topic is unlocked, or don't worry about it.

Admins lock a topic because they want a cessation of replies for a period of time on the subject matter being discussed. Making another topic is not a cessation of discussion, it's just incredibly irritating and makes admins not like the things you do even more.

You need to be careful, Rainy. The last thing you need to be doing right now is using a flamethrower to burn your last bridges.
« Last Edit: 30 July 2012, 02:27:43 PM by Islid »

Offline Rainy_Turtloid

• Cheese
  • Turtles are incredible
    • View profile
« Reply #8 on: 30 July 2012, 02:27:21 PM »
i said i would do nothing to him if he was in the outlands not the shire >.>

I wasn't trying to kill him if I did I could of used instant damage potions.

I didn't try to baricade him. The water was causing me to drown.

I also thought it was allowed because cj let joshtimas prime do it to me while he was standing right next to me. I lost a full set of diamond armour because of that and Josh never recieved a punishment. Thus my theory of thinking it was allowed.

Also Islid, that post is a bit one-sided don't you think?

Edit: Removed the quote, made the post too long, harder to read the thread. None of the other text was changed.
« Last Edit: 30 July 2012, 02:28:31 PM by Islid »

Offline Rainy_Turtloid

• Cheese
  • Turtles are incredible
    • View profile
« Reply #9 on: 30 July 2012, 02:29:18 PM »

i said i would do nothing to him if he was in the outlands not the shire >.>

I wasn't trying to kill him if I did I could of used instant damage potions.

I didn't try to baricade him. The water was causing me to drown.

I also thought it was allowed because cj let joshtimas prime do it to me while he was standing right next to me. I lost a full set of diamond armour because of that and Josh never recieved a punishment. Thus my theory of thinking it was allowed.

Also Islid, that post is a bit one-sided don't you think?

Oh forgot to mentioned I repaired Knitefall's armour. WITH MY OWN PERSONAL DIAMONDS.

I cleaned up the cobble too.

The lava wasn't placed longer than 1-4 seconds.

I was just trying to scare him out of the shire.

Edit: Please quit quoting the main report, it's far too long and makes the thread too big. None of the other text was changed.
« Last Edit: 30 July 2012, 02:31:16 PM by Islid »

Offline Islid

• Cheese
    • View profile
« Reply #10 on: 30 July 2012, 02:30:41 PM »
The post is not one-sided, it's an evaluation of the things that happened. I asked both of you questions about the events and posted here what I was able to discern were the common threads of the story between the two of you. Anything I posted in that post has been verified by both of you as true and correct in some way, shape, or form (or it has been proven independent of human recollection via logging).

The post may sound like it attacks you, Rainy, because I'm not particularly happy with you right now - you are being very dodgy, and it's not helping your case at all. You need to wise up and start speaking straight, and quit giving people crap excuses like these.

Offline Rainy_Turtloid

• Cheese
  • Turtles are incredible
    • View profile
« Reply #11 on: 30 July 2012, 02:33:50 PM »
The post is not one-sided, it's an evaluation of the things that happened. I asked both of you questions about the events and posted here what I was able to discern were the common threads of the story between the two of you. Anything I posted in that post has been verified by both of you as true and correct in some way, shape, or form (or it has been proven independent of human recollection via logging).

The post may sound like it attacks you, Rainy, because I'm not particularly happy with you right now - you are being very dodgy, and it's not helping your case at all. You need to wise up and start speaking straight, and quit giving people crap excuses like these.

Im not being dodgy at all I showed you everything I did EVERYTHING.

Btw knitefall just pvp logged...

Offline Islid

• Cheese
    • View profile
« Reply #12 on: 30 July 2012, 02:34:47 PM »

Im not being dodgy at all I showed you everything I did EVERYTHING.

Btw knitefall just pvp logged...

Now is hardly the time to start pointing the finger at others. Please worry about your own offenses before tooting the horn of warning against other people. Do I need to lock this topic again until a mod arrives?

Offline Islid

• Cheese
    • View profile
« Reply #13 on: 30 July 2012, 02:52:34 PM »
Apparently I do. A mod can unlock this topic when they see it. Don't make any more topics about the subject.

Topic Locked Until Further Notice

Offline cjm721

• [FORUM BANNED]
  • Cheese
    • View profile
« Reply #14 on: 30 July 2012, 03:21:11 PM »
To clarify why I told josh it was ok was because he had already told you to leave (which was ignored).

Between you and Knite agreeded on a neutral meeting spot in which you broke your agreement, and acting as a douche (rain) and using building permissions without warning to harm Knite is not allowed.

Ie josh warned before doing it. You just did it (thought I made that clear in global chat when I said since you told him and you warned him to leave or else so you can use lava/flint to get rid of him)

Offline Islid

• Cheese
    • View profile
« Reply #15 on: 30 July 2012, 03:22:30 PM »
To clarify why I told josh it was ok was because he had already told you to leave (which was ignored).

Between you and Knite agreeded on a neutral meeting spot in which you broke your agreement, and acting as a douche (rain) and using building permissions without warning to harm Knite is not allowed.

Ie josh warned before doing it. You just did it (thought I made that clear in global chat when I said since you told him and you warned him to leave or else so you can use lava/flint to get rid of him)

That is extremely curious indeed. I knew there was a reason it had been allowed. :P

Offline cjm721

• [FORUM BANNED]
  • Cheese
    • View profile
« Reply #16 on: 30 July 2012, 03:25:49 PM »
Did you mean to sticky this?

General rule of thumb = if you give ample time for someone to do something and they don't you are usually ok to force action, and it not be considered a douche move as you did give them ample time.

Offline Islid

• Cheese
    • View profile
« Reply #17 on: 30 July 2012, 03:27:52 PM »
I did mean to sticky this so the mods saw it, but thinking about it now I realize there's not really that many posts in the forum, lol. I just wanted this to be seen by all of the staff because of the severity of the report - being a potentially jailable offense, this would mean a ban for Rainy.

Offline cjm721

• [FORUM BANNED]
  • Cheese
    • View profile
« Reply #18 on: 30 July 2012, 03:29:56 PM »
I will make sure we look into it after I fix south's farm.

Also to add from a private message:
I THOUGHT it was allowed and when Islid said it isn't I immediately said sorry to knite and repaired his armor. I seriously didn't know this wasn't allowed CJ!!! I don't want to get banned ;(

I thought killing that kid was ok so I did it. Sorry does not make up for stupidity.
« Last Edit: 30 July 2012, 03:33:16 PM by cjm721 »

Offline Islid

• Cheese
    • View profile
« Reply #19 on: 30 July 2012, 03:32:00 PM »
Sounds good. I'll un-sticky it in the meantime.

Offline Akomine

• Staff Member | Administrator
  • Cheese
  • Llamas: 666
  • Meep Meep
    • View profile
« Reply #20 on: 30 July 2012, 05:58:06 PM »
Islid, go ahead and call a verdict.

Ako is gay and has superaids - Air

Offline Islid

• Cheese
    • View profile
« Reply #21 on: 30 July 2012, 06:04:13 PM »
Due to the severity of the offense, the nature of punishments involving previous offenses from other people of a similar nature, and the uncouth attitude that was presented to me personally after the events took their course (not the least of which involved dodging questions, insulting Knite, rallying to get other players to kill him, and starting flame wars with myself and Knite both in this thread and others that were subsequently deleted), I am personally suggesting a punishment involving no less than a 7-day ban, preferrably unappealable. This is Rainy's 7th offense, and it is starting to get ridiculous at this point to see this kind of thing keep happening time and time again.

Verdict: 7-day ban.

Offline Akomine

• Staff Member | Administrator
  • Cheese
  • Llamas: 666
  • Meep Meep
    • View profile
« Reply #22 on: 30 July 2012, 06:31:00 PM »
Staff has upped the verdict suggested by Islid to a 12 day ban.

Ako is gay and has superaids - Air