Author Topic: Steam Sale (Exploration Sale) - Until Tuesday December 1st  (Read 4836 times)

Offline Akomine (OP)

• Staff Member | Administrator
  • Cheese
  • Llamas: 666
  • Meep Meep
    • View profile
Steam Sale (Exploration Sale) - Until Tuesday December 1st
« on: 26 November 2015, 08:30:38 PM »
Thought I'd let those of you who use Steam know. http://store.steampowered.com

Feel free to highlight some games you see on sale.

My highlights:

Elite Dangerous
67% off (roughly $15 or £10) http://store.steampowered.com/app/359320/

Space simulator that takes place in the Milky Way 1300 years in the future with trading, fighting, piracy, illegal smuggling, and much more in a variety of detailed and immersive ships to fly. Choose the role(s) you'd like to play, buy and outfit your ship to fit those roles, and do it all co-op with friends if you'd like (or strangers, up to you). Very immersive first person spaceship flying. Pretty cool game, it's going to be developed for the next decade piece by piece.

If you decide to buy Elite, you may choose to buy the expansion (which allows you to land on and explore 1:1 scale planets) at https://www.elitedangerous.com/, as it comes out in December and includes the base game with it.

If you'd like an open world spaceflight and spaceship dogfighting game, play this game.

Chivalry
80% off ($5, or $7 for expansion + base game) http://store.steampowered.com/app/219640/

First Person Swordfighting, where you can attack multiple ways, and where accuracy counts. Timing, footwork, and placement of your swings, slashes, downswings, jabs, kicks, parries, and blocks are all important. Very fun online multiplayer game unlike any other. Third person view also available.

The base game Chivalry: Medieval Warfare is with medieval knights and archers fighting, the expansion Chivalry: Deadliest Warrior includes knights and adds vikings, samurai, ninjas, spartans, and pirates. Both are very fun.

If you like cutting off the heads of your enemies in the heat of battle, play this game.

Cities Skylines
50% off ($15) http://store.steampowered.com/app/255710/

The city-builder that modern Sim City games should have been. This is an excellent city builder that is smooth to play, fairly easy to learn, and provides a very open platform for you to plan your city however you like. The game has steam workshop mod support, so you can customize however you like.

If you like building, design, and planning, play this game.

FOF (Fistful of Frags)
Free http://store.steampowered.com/app/265630/

Fully and completely free first person shooter set in the old west. Uses the Source Engine (Half-Life 2, Counter-Strike Global Offensive, etc). Has a variety of guns, dynamite, and other weapons, and plenty of whiskey to drink. This is a solid multiplayer game with unique mechanics that are fun to master. Despite being free, the devs still update it frequently and consistently. This game doesn't take itself too seriously, which is refreshing.

If you like oldschool gunfighting with people online, drinking whiskey to survive, and not spending a dime, play this game.
« Last Edit: 26 November 2015, 08:47:31 PM by Akomine »

Ako is gay and has superaids - Air

Offline OctoGamer

• Staff Member | Forum Mod
  • Cheese
  • Llamas: 22
  • #vc4lyfe
    • View profile
Re: Steam Sale (Exploration Sale) - Until Tuesday December 1st
« Reply #1 on: 27 November 2015, 12:21:17 AM »
i bought saints row: the third and payday, i should have bought chiv, i forgot about that game lol.

saints row: the third is a hectic open world game thats very fun

payday: the heist is a fun co-op game, but a hard one at times.

bob131573

« Reply #2 on: 29 November 2015, 08:51:30 PM »
I bought Dungeon Defenders (Originally $15), for $2.99 USD. It's a fun game where you defend your castle/dungeon against monsters (Ogres, Goblins, Cyclopses, Etc.) And you can do PVP mode against other players, fun maps, great music, boss levels, and a lot more

Witchdoctor1

« Reply #3 on: 30 November 2015, 10:32:23 AM »
I bought a bunch of shit for pretty much nothing. Doubt I will ever play them. I have 170 some odd games in Steam. I have a problem.

Offline Akomine (OP)

• Cheese
  • Meep Meep
    • View profile
« Reply #4 on: 30 November 2015, 09:40:42 PM »
I bought a bunch of shit for pretty much nothing. Doubt I will ever play them. I have 170 some odd games in Steam. I have a problem.

Haha, I've started limiting myself for this reason.

With a couple of exceptions, I try not to buy games until I've played others I've purchased. Must play: Tomb Raider, Bioshock Infinite, Metro Last Light, Shadow Warrior, LA Noire, Ori & The Blind Forest, Star Ruler 2, Trine 3... fuck me.

Witchdoctor1

« Reply #5 on: 30 November 2015, 10:20:04 PM »

With a couple of exceptions, I try not to buy games until I've played others I've purchased. Must play: Tomb Raider, Bioshock Infinite, Metro Last Light, Shadow Warrior, LA Noire, Ori & The Blind Forest, Star Ruler 2, Trine 3... fuck me.

Careful with Metro. I got 2033 and Last Light Redux. Started one, played through all endings on both. A few weeks later, I emerged from my cave with a massive beard, smelling like a caveman, and lost 75lbs.

Offline Akomine (OP)

• Cheese
  • Meep Meep
    • View profile
« Reply #6 on: 1 December 2015, 12:46:47 AM »

Careful with Metro. I got 2033 and Last Light Redux. Started one, played through all endings on both. A few weeks later, I emerged from my cave with a massive beard, smelling like a caveman, and lost 75lbs.

I've played most of 2033 non-redux. The game is beautiful and has one of the best immersive atmospheric experiences I've ever seen in a game.
It is also has some of the clunkiest, most unpolished combat experiences I've ever seen in a game, which unfortunately caused me to lose interest because it killed the otherwise ridiculously good immersion. I hope Last Light cleaned this up a little.

Don't know if Redux is just a graphics upgrade or improves gameplay or what? Redux came out not long after I bought the games, which pissed me off. I don't want to pay twice. This was before Steam had their current awesome no-questions-asked refund policy.

Witchdoctor1

« Reply #7 on: 1 December 2015, 09:50:57 AM »

I've played most of 2033 non-redux. The game is beautiful and has one of the best immersive atmospheric experiences I've ever seen in a game.
It is also has some of the clunkiest, most unpolished combat experiences I've ever seen in a game, which unfortunately caused me to lose interest because it killed the otherwise ridiculously good immersion. I hope Last Light cleaned this up a little.

Don't know if Redux is just a graphics upgrade or improves gameplay or what? Redux came out not long after I bought the games, which pissed me off. I don't want to pay twice. This was before Steam had their current awesome no-questions-asked refund policy.
Redux does a lot to fix pretty much everything. It recoded 2033 into Last Light's engine, whic is wholly different.

Offline OctoGamer

• Staff Member | Forum Mod
  • Cheese
  • Llamas: 22
  • #vc4lyfe
    • View profile
« Reply #8 on: 1 December 2015, 03:01:09 PM »
dude you gotta play tomb raider, its so good.

Offline Airbongo

• Cheese
  • Llamas: 69
  • Eh, what's up, doc?
    • View profile
« Reply #9 on: 1 December 2015, 04:32:44 PM »
I never buy games I don't play, I've played through the 400 games in my library :))))

Lel I've played like 40 of them

Witchdoctor1

« Reply #10 on: 3 December 2015, 12:57:57 AM »
I never buy games I don't play, I've played through the 400 games in my library :))))

Shut the fuck up.

Offline Airbongo

• Cheese
  • Llamas: 69
  • Eh, what's up, doc?
    • View profile
« Reply #11 on: 3 December 2015, 11:19:09 AM »

Shut the fuck up.
Make me, army nurse pussy.

Witchdoctor1

« Reply #12 on: 6 December 2015, 01:06:46 AM »

Shut the fuck up.
Make me, army nurse pussy.
I most certainly will, you smelly, hairy, burrito-queefing fucknoob. get rekt m8!