Author Topic: Stupid Reporting  (Read 3560 times)

fireboy50

Stupid Reporting
« on: 4 February 2016, 04:12:14 PM »
Many people, are reporting others for saying things like "go die in a hole" or "go get cancer and burn". I understand that these are not acceptable and that cancer is a very serious matter, but if someone has been annoying someone for ages or has just generally been an arse, it's going to happen. Nobody has actually been banned for this to my knowledge and I doubt anyone will a stupid reason like this. If you don't like what someone is saying use /ignore , don't just sit their waiting until you or they say something to get the other one banned. It's stupid. If you don't agree don't be a dick about it, this is only my opinion.

Offline Akomine

• Staff Member | Administrator
  • Cheese
  • Llamas: 666
  • Meep Meep
    • View profile
Re: Stupid Reporting
« Reply #1 on: 4 February 2016, 06:05:41 PM »
I 100% agree with you.

We will not ban people for this, you are correct.

Use of the /ignore command is encouraged if you don't like what someone is saying. You're allowed to not like what they are saying, but it doesn't mean they should be banned.

You have been given 7 llamas for this post.

Ako is gay and has superaids - Air

Lividup64

« Reply #2 on: 4 February 2016, 06:18:15 PM »
Well, someone was banned for mocking someone's dead mom. They could've equally have done /ignore.

Offline Akomine

• Staff Member | Administrator
  • Cheese
  • Llamas: 666
  • Meep Meep
    • View profile
« Reply #3 on: 4 February 2016, 06:21:27 PM »
Well, someone was banned for mocking someone's dead mom. They could've equally have done /ignore.

Shut the fuck up dude.

As a side note, we'll be releasing a proper list of rules soon that explain exactly why that resulted in a ban, and exactly why what fireboy is talking about doesn't result in bans.
« Last Edit: 4 February 2016, 06:41:18 PM by Akomine »

Ako is gay and has superaids - Air

Witchdoctor1

« Reply #4 on: 4 February 2016, 09:54:55 PM »
Many people, are reporting others for saying things like "go die in a hole" or "go get cancer and burn". I understand that these are not acceptable and that cancer is a very serious matter, but if someone has been annoying someone for ages or has just generally been an arse, it's going to happen. Nobody has actually been banned for this to my knowledge and I doubt anyone will a stupid reason like this. If you don't like what someone is saying use /ignore , don't just sit their waiting until you or they say something to get the other one banned. It's stupid. If you don't agree don't be a dick about it, this is only my opinion.

THIS. LADIES AND GENTLEMEN, MAY I HAVE YOUR ATTENTION PLEASE! This is a prime example how to use something VERY rare on these forums:logic. Fireboy, I don't know you. I have no idea who you are. But I like you. You keep doing you, homey.

Lividup64

« Reply #5 on: 5 February 2016, 03:11:39 PM »

Shut the fuck up dude.

As a side note, we'll be releasing a proper list of rules soon that explain exactly why that resulted in a ban, and exactly why what fireboy is talking about doesn't result in bans.

I'm sorry, that statement was a bit ignorant. I think that an updated rules list which much more clearly lays out the rules would be good because that way player squabbles will be much more limited.

Offline Shensley

• Staff Member | Forum Mod
  • Cheese
  • Llamas: 2
  • U Can't Touch This
    • View profile
« Reply #6 on: 5 February 2016, 09:27:39 PM »
I demand 1 llama. Give it to me within 1week or i will report!

Quote from: PengBunny
link=topic=212.msg32741#msg32741 date=1421280717
they dont let fags become admin