Author Topic: Suggestion: Being able to buy Spawners  (Read 3111 times)

Offline Hogz (OP)

• Member of Parliament
  • Cheese
  • Llamas: 0
    • View profile
Suggestion: Being able to buy Spawners
« on: 15 July 2016, 12:16:34 PM »
all blaze spawners are claimed or just broken. I was thinking you could buy spawners for 10k a piece.

The reason behind this, the only way to get Blaze Rods (now a very NEEDED potion ingredient) is by either;

Buying it for $50 a piece which is going to drain your money fast as fuck.
Or
Finding a blaze spawner and grinding the shit out of that.

Buying it would be a better option because, it is for people who are going to make money off brewing. and all the rich people on the server either have or know of someone who has one so don't really need to buy the rods themselves, not that would matter to 6mil or whatever crazy amount they have.
"ye boiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii" - JFK

John Coffey: I'm tired, boss. Tired of being on the road, lonely as a sparrow in the rain. I'm tired of never having a buddy to be with, to tell me where we's going to, coming from or why. Mostly, I'm tired of people being ugly to each other. I'm tired of all the pain I feel and hear in the world every day. There's too much of it. It's like pieces of glass in my head, all the time... Can you understand?" - The Green Mile

Offline OctoGamer

• Staff Member | Forum Mod
  • Cheese
  • Llamas: 22
  • #vc4lyfe
    • View profile
Re: Suggestion: Being able to buy Spawners
« Reply #1 on: 15 July 2016, 02:36:49 PM »
10k a piece? and let people buy 100's and lag the server? no thank you.

Offline luisc99

• Staff Member | Administrator
  • Cheese
  • Llamas: 60
    • View profile
« Reply #2 on: 15 July 2016, 02:57:58 PM »
I've said this before, but it's not going to happen.

Back on FTB, there was a way to move spawners. It too had a huge cost. However, I still did it, and eventually got this. That's 16 mob spawners in one place. It took 4 grinders to deal with it, even though a single one can clear tens of mobs a second. It did make lots of mobs, and it did cause lots of lag, and I'd avoid doing it again now. People would set these up on VC, AFK by them for hours, and crash the server with the insane number of mobs.

I've got a dual blaze farm over at /warp v-eldrinblaze. It's a public one for all gold VIPs, although it may have broken at some point in an update. It has before, and I can't remember if I fixed it again or not. If not, give me a shout on here and I'll give you perms on it to fix it up. Or I'll tell some other staff to, as I won't be here for 2 weeks. Just don't ruin the aesthetic of it, and don't break the spawners, or I'll just roll it back. If you like, you can add a crusher mechanism to it, and make use of the new sword thing that hits all the mobs, rather than using potions.

EnderEssence

« Reply #3 on: 15 July 2016, 04:44:06 PM »
all blaze spawners are claimed or just broken. I was thinking you could buy spawners for 10k a piece.

The reason behind this, the only way to get Blaze Rods (now a very NEEDED potion ingredient) is by either;

Or

Buying it would be a better option because, it is for people who are going to make money off brewing. and all the rich people on the server either have or know of someone who has one so don't really need to buy the rods themselves, not that would matter to 6mil or whatever crazy amount they have.

1. Too much server lag.

2. At that price, even the peasants of VC would be able to buy a good amount. If you're going to make them widely available, make them cost like $1M each or something.

Offline OctoGamer

• Staff Member | Forum Mod
  • Cheese
  • Llamas: 22
  • #vc4lyfe
    • View profile
« Reply #4 on: 15 July 2016, 10:07:04 PM »

Or

1. Too much server lag.

2. At that price, even the peasants of VC would be able to buy a good amount. If you're going to make them widely available, make them cost like $1M each or something.
yea and i could buy 30 and lag the server out still.

Offline daverator

• Villager
  • Llamas: 0
    • View profile
« Reply #5 on: 16 July 2016, 12:03:09 AM »
Blaze spawners aren't that hard to find.   There's thousands of them right now just waiting to be discovered.