Author Topic: VC UHC 6  (Read 4662 times)

EnderEssence

VC UHC 6
« on: 22 July 2016, 11:33:51 AM »
Somebody had to do it. Anybody (particularly @luisc99 ) know when it will be this year and how it will be (teams, solo, etc.)?

and for the record I'm not ded

Offline luisc99

• Staff Member | Administrator
  • Cheese
  • Llamas: 60
    • View profile
Re: VC UHC 6
« Reply #1 on: 22 July 2016, 01:59:16 PM »
There's probably going to be one within the next month. That's all I'm saying now. I'll reveal more details when I've finalised some decisions, and finished enjoying my holiday.

Offline Hogz

• Member of Parliament
  • Cheese
  • Llamas: 0
    • View profile
« Reply #2 on: 22 July 2016, 02:06:31 PM »
Ill try to attend it because its my School Holidays and my first ever UHC. :D
"ye boiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii" - JFK

John Coffey: I'm tired, boss. Tired of being on the road, lonely as a sparrow in the rain. I'm tired of never having a buddy to be with, to tell me where we's going to, coming from or why. Mostly, I'm tired of people being ugly to each other. I'm tired of all the pain I feel and hear in the world every day. There's too much of it. It's like pieces of glass in my head, all the time... Can you understand?" - The Green Mile

Offline OctoGamer

• Staff Member | Forum Mod
  • Cheese
  • Llamas: 22
  • #vc4lyfe
    • View profile
« Reply #3 on: 22 July 2016, 04:32:46 PM »
There's probably going to be one within the next month. That's all I'm saying now. I'll reveal more details when I've finalised some decisions, and finished enjoying my holiday.
lol im not playing UHCs anymore, luckily I got a win before 1.9.

EnderEssence

« Reply #4 on: 30 July 2016, 10:27:14 AM »

Unless it could still be in 1.8? 1.9 PvP is (imo) quite broken and vastly inferior to 1.7 and 1.8. Which is exactly the reason why I've almost never PvPed in 1.9 and instead have continued playing in 1.8.

Also, I'm still waiting for that 1v1 Octo. I'm not doing it in 1.9.

Offline OctoGamer

• Cheese
  • #vc4lyfe
    • View profile
« Reply #5 on: 30 July 2016, 02:14:39 PM »

Unless it could still be in 1.8? 1.9 PvP is (imo) quite broken and vastly inferior to 1.7 and 1.8. Which is exactly the reason why I've almost never PvPed in 1.9 and instead have continued playing in 1.8.

Also, I'm still waiting for that 1v1 Octo. I'm not doing it in 1.9.
first off, i dont see how pvp is "broken" its a lot more fair. and you never pvp in 1.9 because you suck at it and like i said on vc, i'm not taking the time out of my day to downgrade minecraft versions just so you can have your way.

Offline luisc99

• Cheese
  • Llamas: 60
    • View profile
« Reply #6 on: 30 July 2016, 03:31:31 PM »
first off, i dont see how pvp is "broken" its a lot more fair. and you never pvp in 1.9 because you suck at it and like i said on vc, i'm not taking the time out of my day to downgrade minecraft versions just so you can have your way.
It probably will be in 1.9, for simplicity. However, it's not too long to take out of your day. It's literally about a minute, considering all you do is pick an option in the launcher...

Offline Airbongo

• Cheese
  • Llamas: 69
  • Eh, what's up, doc?
    • View profile
« Reply #7 on: 30 July 2016, 04:35:56 PM »
It probably will be in 1.9, for simplicity. However, it's not too long to take out of your day. It's literally about a minute, considering all you do is pick an option in the launcher...
Lmao indeed, less than a minute even.

Offline OctoGamer

• Cheese
  • #vc4lyfe
    • View profile
« Reply #8 on: 30 July 2016, 07:52:27 PM »
yea but enders not worth my time. last time i fought him he PVP logged and hopped on IRC and started screaming at me for fighting him when he "didnt want to fight" yet he was in arena lol.

EnderEssence

« Reply #9 on: 11 August 2016, 12:56:16 PM »
yea but enders not worth my time. last time i fought him he PVP logged and hopped on IRC and started screaming at me for fighting him when he "didnt want to fight" yet he was in arena lol.
Screaming? Please Octo, you love to embellish every single little detail. I was new to VC then and had no idea the arena doors literally closed behind you as soon as you move an inch away from them (Can't a person check out the arena? If you seem to remember that little detail, then I'm sure you recall that I came there to spectate a duel, not fight in one, fool.).

Yes, I don't PvP in 1.9 because KB and the new system is trash and is horrible for combat. I'm not switching to 1.9 temporarily so you can have your own way, which is apparently more reasonable and self-justified in the way you put it. What, is your opinion of PvP more refined and better thought out or something?

And if you're going to bring out the "1.7 is better but basically no server uses 1.7" bs, you do realize you can turn on 1.7 hitting with Labymod right?
Unless you don't use it, which in that case isn't my problem. And no this isn't a f***ing advertisement, you know how many people use it?

If you're going to talk trash about how you're still better and have nothing to use but outdated "proof" that's over half a year old ("OMQ ENDER PVP LOGGED BECAUSE HE NEVER AGREED TO A FIGHT TO BEGIN WITH"), then that's poor on your part.

Unless you're willing to reach some sort of compromise (i.e: a few fights in 1.9 and 1.8 ), which I doubt you'd suggest, seeing that your opinion of how 1.9 is infinitely preferable to 1.8 is obviously better than other opinions on the matter.

Offline OctoGamer

• Cheese
  • #vc4lyfe
    • View profile
« Reply #10 on: 11 August 2016, 09:00:26 PM »
I wouldn't pvp on 1.9 either, I would on 1.10. its the most current, asking me to switch to 1.8 is like saying "hey lets go build in beta because its the best and totally not outdated" 1.7 and 1.8 pvp is outdated now so there is no point to do it for me, nothing I can gain out of it.