Author Topic: Showcase Probs  (Read 2469 times)

Offline SouthsideNewts (OP)

• New Villager
  • Llamas: 0
    • View profile
Showcase Probs
« on: 19 August 2012, 01:40:44 AM »
I have been having problems with my showcases as of today.
when adding stone to a showcase, the entire inventory basically disappeared, and once i was able to prove that i had just made the stone, cj gave me the stone right back into my inv.

however, the problems still seem to continue.

as shown in this video, as i try to record my failures with modifying my showcases, inventory just seems to disappear or not show at all.

I dont want to cause too many problems, but i cannot run my shop with inventory just simply disappearing, or becoming impossible to restock.

At the very least, I would like my showcases emptied into chests or something where i know that it wont disappear, as when i try to remove stacks, the whole showcase can empty as shown with the jungle planks.

Is there any record of what was in my showcases that can be accessed? Or do i need to just give up on making a simple shop, as they are simply unmanageable?

Im gunna stop touching my showcases, as it seems like doing anything to them is a bad idea, and i hope i can get some help with the issue

Offline Islid

• Cheese
  • Time Traveller Extraordinare
    • View profile
Re: Showcase Probs
« Reply #1 on: 19 August 2012, 05:42:58 AM »
Yeah, I've had similar issues too... I bought stacks of bows from the market and half of them disappeared, but I didn't get any screenshots of them. :/

Potions also STILL do not work with showcases - it says you don't have enough to make a showcase for some retarded reason.

Offline Rainy_Turtloid

• Cheese
  • Turtles are incredible
    • View profile
« Reply #2 on: 19 August 2012, 01:20:54 PM »
I have been having problems with my showcases as of today.
when adding stone to a showcase, the entire inventory basically disappeared, and once i was able to prove that i had just made the stone, cj gave me the stone right back into my inv.

however, the problems still seem to continue.

as shown in this video, as i try to record my failures with modifying my showcases, inventory just seems to disappear or not show at all.

I dont want to cause too many problems, but i cannot run my shop with inventory just simply disappearing, or becoming impossible to restock.

At the very least, I would like my showcases emptied into chests or something where i know that it wont disappear, as when i try to remove stacks, the whole showcase can empty as shown with the jungle planks.

Is there any record of what was in my showcases that can be accessed? Or do i need to just give up on making a simple shop, as they are simply unmanageable?

Im gunna stop touching my showcases, as it seems like doing anything to them is a bad idea, and i hope i can get some help with the issue

Villagecraft is here to help, they want your feedback!

Hopefully this is fixed soon!

Offline Braingkk

• Member of Parliament
  • Cheese
    • View profile
« Reply #3 on: 20 August 2012, 03:03:36 PM »
a special thanx to january jones for helping with the transfer of showcases.

unfortunately she is experiencing similar problems when trying to empty them.

it might just be some sort of corruption that occurs during updates....

at least ill get all my invs back from what hasnt disappeared off camera.

Offline JANUARYJONES

• Staff Member | Administrator
  • Cheese
  • Llamas: 1
    • View profile
« Reply #4 on: 20 August 2012, 03:30:51 PM »
I kept track of what was lost when I was removing Brain's show cases and made sure to still replace them,
however I don't recommend moving important items for now.
It seems that when removing a show case sometimes it will give you a completely wrong amount back.
I also made a video with several examples of what happens to an inventory in case it's needed.
Sorry for the trouble guys.

If you need to reach a staff member feel free to add me on
Steam: search for Heavy Heavy Low Low
Or message me on here.

I'll try to get back to you as soon as I can.