Author Topic: Redstone Construct Shop: Coming Soon!  (Read 9357 times)

Offline SouthsideNewts (OP)

• New Villager
  • Llamas: 0
    • View profile
Redstone Construct Shop: Coming Soon!
« on: 20 August 2012, 03:32:33 AM »
I am currently working on some displays, and will be opening a business selling redstone constructions

$750      1) Seamless 1x2 Door
$1.5k     2) Flush Mount 1x2 Door
$1k        3) Seamless 2x2 Door
$2.5k     4) Flush Mount 2x2 Door
$1.5k     5) Seamless 2x3 Door
$3.5k     6) Flush Mount 2x3 Door
$5k        7) Seamless 3x3 Door
Hidden Staircases

I might offer 4x4 and 5x5 doors, but until i get the hang of the new piston timings, those are not available.

Prices will be posted within the next week, as well as several displays that will be available for public viewing.

Special Requests will be considered on a case by case basis.

Other Structures MIGHT include:
1) Obsidian Generators
2) Automated Cobble Generators
3) Tiered Wheat farms
4) Monster Spawners
Much more to come!

Keep on coming back here for more info as the shop is set up!
« Last Edit: 20 August 2012, 10:30:16 PM by SouthsideNewts »

Offline Fuzzy_Yeti_69

• Cheese
  • Llamas: 1
  • The original Jedi Panda
    • View profile
Re: Redstone Construct Shop: Coming Soon!
« Reply #1 on: 20 August 2012, 06:15:15 AM »
Monster spawners being farms?
Such as, enderman, pigman etc?

Offline Braingkk

• Member of Parliament
  • Cheese
    • View profile
« Reply #2 on: 20 August 2012, 02:46:03 PM »
as in a place where u stand on bottom, and mobs fall out for u to kill..

the basic creeper + skelly + spider spawner construct with an on/off switch.

all made with regular items that a player can get ingame legit.

might consider making end enderman spawners, but those would be like 50 times the cost of a regular overworld one

btw this is my new IGN

Offline cjm721

• [FORUM BANNED]
  • Cheese
    • View profile
« Reply #3 on: 20 August 2012, 04:26:24 PM »
Out of all the spawners enderman one is the easiest to build yet the most rewarding...

Offline Braingkk

• Member of Parliament
  • Cheese
    • View profile
« Reply #4 on: 20 August 2012, 06:22:21 PM »
the only thing is, that i tend to lag, and fall out of the world too many times when building them.
the main thing tho is that enderman spawners use a ton of pistons, which equals lots of iron and redstone that would not have been used on a regular mob spawner

yes enderman ones are more rewarding, but making them is still alot of work at least for me

Offline Rainy_Turtloid

• Cheese
  • Turtles are incredible
    • View profile
« Reply #5 on: 20 August 2012, 06:25:51 PM »
the only thing is, that i tend to lag, and fall out of the world too many times when building them.
the main thing tho is that enderman spawners use a ton of pistons, which equals lots of iron and redstone that would not have been used on a regular mob spawner

yes enderman ones are more rewarding, but making them is still alot of work at least for me

I seriously HATE enderman farms now. I see people with protection IV EVERYWHERE it's out of hand. Enderman farms are for people who cheat the game. I really want them banned....

Offline Islid

• Cheese
  • Time Traveller Extraordinare
    • View profile
« Reply #6 on: 20 August 2012, 06:29:34 PM »

I seriously HATE enderman farms now. I see people with protection IV EVERYWHERE it's out of hand. Enderman farms are for people who cheat the game. I really want them banned....

In other news, everyone else loves them, so good luck.

How much do you think one would be to construct? You could calculate costs based on size, with a minimum and a maximum size required for purchase (to make it worth it or something).

If people find their own land, does that count for more?

Offline Rainy_Turtloid

• Cheese
  • Turtles are incredible
    • View profile
« Reply #7 on: 20 August 2012, 06:31:45 PM »

In other news, everyone else loves them, so good luck.

How much do you think one would be to construct? You could calculate costs based on size, with a minimum and a maximum size required for purchase (to make it worth it or something).

You only love them because you take advantage of my punishment and use mine.

Offline Fuzzy_Yeti_69

• Cheese
    • View profile
« Reply #8 on: 20 August 2012, 06:46:09 PM »
How about a Pigman farm?
I'd definitely pay for one of those
A good investment
50k maybe at the most

Offline Braingkk

• Member of Parliament
  • Cheese
    • View profile
« Reply #9 on: 20 August 2012, 07:48:55 PM »
as stated in the original post, until i figure base costs, as well as time and risk factors, i cant rly say.

How about a Pigman farm?
I'd definitely pay for one of those
A good investment
50k maybe at the most

as for the pigman farm, i cant say, as i tend to avoid the nether. prices would ultimately depend on efficiency. a 1 or 2 tier spawner would be cheaper then one that stretches from bedrock to bedrock. (tho id prob put the max at 5 tiers or so)

with enderman farms the basic construction can also be only 2 or 3 lvls, but most ppl make them from y=0-120 or so. the basic questions would be height and width. ill need to consider what is sensible b4 i can rly say anything. tho if the person wants to make the original platform, the price would drop by a slight amount, as getting 250-500 blocks out can be a real pain in the end

Offline Fuzzy_Yeti_69

• Cheese
    • View profile
« Reply #10 on: 20 August 2012, 08:19:43 PM »
How about 10k per tier?
I know you're trying to figure out prices, so sorry to sound pushy
But a 3 tier would be good for me

Offline cjm721

• [FORUM BANNED]
  • Cheese
    • View profile
« Reply #11 on: 20 August 2012, 08:34:06 PM »

And he wonders why I kept mine so quite and was pissed when he was spamming about him. Now the real question is how much to pay over mat cost as it will be at least mat cost so that you are making a profit (well I think you want a profit).

Might just go see how long it takes you to build something and charge like 1k a minute or something like that.

Offline Rainy_Turtloid

• Cheese
  • Turtles are incredible
    • View profile
« Reply #12 on: 20 August 2012, 08:51:36 PM »

And he wonders why I kept mine so quite and was pissed when he was spamming about him. Now the real question is how much to pay over mat cost as it will be at least mat cost so that you are making a profit (well I think you want a profit).

Might just go see how long it takes you to build something and charge like 1k a minute or something like that.

I was going to but everything isn't mine anymore. That or people would use it anyway.

Offline DarkenedAngel

• Member of Parliament
  • Cheese
    • View profile
« Reply #13 on: 20 August 2012, 10:13:27 PM »

I was going to but everything isn't mine anymore. That or people would use it anyway.
I think it is harder to get prot 4 armor and i ahve had 2 sets of it before you ever even joined... quit crying because ppl are using your farm.

Offline Braingkk

• Member of Parliament
  • Cheese
    • View profile
« Reply #14 on: 20 August 2012, 10:41:15 PM »
ah thread derailment is soo much fun....

anyway, preliminary prices r posted for the doors, and the displays will be available soon

Offline Braingkk

• Member of Parliament
  • Cheese
    • View profile
« Reply #15 on: 22 August 2012, 07:00:02 AM »
3x3 seamless, 2x2 seamless, and 2x2 flush are now temporarily displayed in Greystone Market located at 120, 165. which is just north of Qualia.

as per request, there will be 3x3 flush available within the next week, price TBD

Offline Islid

• Cheese
    • View profile
« Reply #16 on: 22 August 2012, 10:25:13 AM »
Also, why no more hidden staircases?

Offline Bl4ck_St0ne

• I NEED MORE JLAW FACIALS PLS
  • Staff Member | Administrator
  • Cheese
  • I like cheesy bread.
    • View profile
« Reply #17 on: 24 August 2012, 08:35:50 PM »
Actually, a lot of staff dislikes endermen farms, that's why the end could turn into a Full grief zone.
The Fappening will continue... FOREVER ON JLAW NUDES... FOREVER ON!

Offline Fuzzy_Yeti_69

• Cheese
    • View profile
« Reply #18 on: 24 August 2012, 08:53:14 PM »
Speaking of the end
Anyone else think it needs to be reset?

Offline Islid

• Cheese
    • View profile
« Reply #19 on: 24 August 2012, 09:03:30 PM »
Speaking of the end
Anyone else think it needs to be reset?

There's actually a whole thread dedicated to discussing these ideas and others, I think, floating around here somewhere...

Offline Braingkk

• Member of Parliament
  • Cheese
    • View profile
« Reply #20 on: 27 August 2012, 04:23:44 AM »
back to the topic of the thread,

3x3 flush door is now completed!!!!!!!

display upcoming, as the original dedicated testing ground was too small for efficient size and timings.

final size 12 tall, 20 wide, 14 deep.

price: undecided.

video will be uploaded some time tonight of a fully working one on a blank map.
time to start rendering videos.... (oh the joy!!)

Offline Braingkk

• Member of Parliament
  • Cheese
    • View profile
« Reply #21 on: 27 August 2012, 04:35:58 AM »

watch and enjoy. there should be a display in or near greystone some time tomorrow for those that want to see it.

lever, button, and pressure plate versions available.

on/off, and timed open modes available

Witchdoctor1

« Reply #22 on: 27 August 2012, 12:27:09 PM »
I have been to the shop a few times and am very impressed with the 3x3 seamless door you have. I may be contacting you later about purchasing one. Not sure yet, but I will let you know.

Offline Braingkk

• Member of Parliament
  • Cheese
    • View profile
« Reply #23 on: 28 August 2012, 01:03:06 AM »
I have been to the shop a few times and am very impressed with the 3x3 seamless door you have. I may be contacting you later about purchasing one. Not sure yet, but I will let you know.

if you like that, you might want to check out the new 3x3 flush door.

it is now on display in my shop. price will be posted within the next 24 hours

Witchdoctor1

« Reply #24 on: 28 August 2012, 05:56:04 AM »
Brain just installed a 3x3 to the entrance to my underground village. It works great, it looks great, and it adds a lot of character and flair to my village. Recommend you ALL contract with him.

Offline Braingkk

• Member of Parliament
  • Cheese
    • View profile
« Reply #25 on: 30 August 2012, 11:01:46 PM »
Thanks to all those that continue to patronize the shop.

Price for 3x3 Flush Door: 10k

Offline Islid

• Cheese
    • View profile
« Reply #26 on: 30 August 2012, 11:40:03 PM »
Thanks to all those that continue to patronize the shop.

Price for 3x3 Flush Door: 10k

On a small side note, I find it fascinating that a word that can mean a condescending manner of communicating with someone can also mean visiting a shopping establishment, lol.

Offline TheCatsMangler

• Member of Parliament
  • Cheese
  • Llamas: -3
    • View profile
« Reply #27 on: 31 August 2012, 01:23:34 PM »

I thought you left?

Offline Islid

• Cheese
    • View profile
« Reply #28 on: 1 September 2012, 10:29:11 AM »

I thought you left?

He did post that on the 20th, you know.