Author Topic: Pvp stadium feud  (Read 2765 times)

Offline usrmvm (OP)

• Member of Parliament
  • Villager
  • Llamas: 0
    • View profile
Pvp stadium feud
« on: 15 September 2012, 03:58:27 PM »
i would appreciate if someone could check the chat logs, i battled dominator in the arena and we agreed no potions just swords and armor. we were fighting a good fight until i heard him drink a potion then kill me almost right away. if he would have fought the battle fair i would have agreed when he said he plays for keeps after he killed me. but because of the fact that he cheated, i do not agree with this at all. i would appreciate staffs help ASAP because i had expensive Protection IV armor and Knockback II sharpness IV sword. fairly expensive enchants. check the chat logs or do what you have to do. because after i raised the fact that i was going to write this report, dom and noah (friends im guessing) decided they were going to say that i agreed to keeps before we fought, and that we never said no potions AND that i drank a potion so it was "fair" this all happened between 2:30 and 2:55 CST. i know thats sort of a wide window but im on a mac computer and am not sure how to screenshot just yet. and didnt document times. help would be appreciated as soon as possible

batcu786

Re: Pvp stadium feud
« Reply #1 on: 15 September 2012, 04:19:32 PM »
Dom (Cant remember IGN  :-[) tp killed me but fortunately I was clever enough to leave all my things in a chest, also i think you should check  this out.

Offline cjm721

• [FORUM BANNED]
  • Cheese
    • View profile
« Reply #2 on: 15 September 2012, 04:26:10 PM »
Chat logs are not going to prove if he drank a potion or not, and both of you are saying opposite things. Also there is no third party to say either way.

This is also why I suggest fights where only rules are don't leave and no /back.

Offline Islid

• Cheese
  • Time Traveller Extraordinare
    • View profile
« Reply #3 on: 15 September 2012, 09:58:59 PM »
And on top of all of that, player disputes of a personal nature like this aren't really handled here in the Reports and Grievances... This sort of bickering about fight rules is sort of pointless, since in the end the only rules that apply in the Arena are the ones that both players actually follow, not necessarily what they agree to.

While it may not have been very sportsmanlike of him to do what he did, he killed you in an area where there are no holds barred, and any combatants are permitted to arrange rules of their own to follow themselves.

Unless a mod really feels the need to step in and restore his stuff, I can't imagine this will really be reversed. The risk of the PVP arena is that you may lose your stuff. :/

Topic Locked, pending further intervention by any mod who feels it necessary.

Offline Akomine

• Staff Member | Administrator
  • Cheese
  • Llamas: 666
  • Meep Meep
    • View profile
« Reply #4 on: 16 September 2012, 02:07:43 AM »
We can't possibly enforce rules agreed on by players. If you want, you can ask for a third-party (or several) to ref.

Ako is gay and has superaids - Air

Offline Islid

• Cheese
  • Time Traveller Extraordinare
    • View profile
« Reply #5 on: 16 September 2012, 10:54:43 AM »
We can't possibly enforce rules agreed on by players. If you want, you can ask for a third-party (or several) to ref.

Then it's settled. In the future, find a mediator between any player-made agreements if you truly feel it necessary, but the staff doesn't have the responsibility of enforcing it.

Topic Locked