Author Topic: Aussie time = dead  (Read 3821 times)

Offline SirLogiC (OP)

• Member of Parliament
  • Cheese
  • Llamas: 0
    • View profile
Aussie time = dead
« on: 15 October 2012, 06:37:22 AM »
Kind of want to leave the server. I like the rules and admins and stuff but it is too quiet.

Wanted to play MP to show off stuff I build and play with others. Have been waiting ages for a good builder that would like to help with my tree project, but hardly any crap builders are on, let alone good ones. Almost never any admin, mods, don't even see Islid on any more.

Kind of invested a lot in my giant tree, but constantly seeing 0 people on kind of defeats the point of playing multiplayer server.

Wish more people stayed on the server   :(

Kovos_Datch

Re: Aussie time = dead
« Reply #1 on: 15 October 2012, 09:20:43 AM »
Well for one thing, Islid has been very busy with school and other projects. That's why you haven't seen him on. Second of all, you are correct about the builders thing. There really are only a few good builders on the server (I wish I could say I was one of them). Third of all, the server is really only busy at around 6 pm central time. If you log in throughout the day, there are only about 4 people on until the time stated above. That's because all of the North, Central, and South American kids are still in school until roughly 4 pm.

Sorry to say this, but the server is mostly dead until the kids get out of school.

Offline cjm721

• [FORUM BANNED]
  • Cheese
    • View profile
« Reply #2 on: 15 October 2012, 12:26:29 PM »
Kind of want to leave the server. I like the rules and admins and stuff but it is too quiet.

Wanted to play MP to show off stuff I build and play with others. Have been waiting ages for a good builder that would like to help with my tree project, but hardly any crap builders are on, let alone good ones. Almost never any admin, mods, don't even see Islid on any more.

Kind of invested a lot in my giant tree, but constantly seeing 0 people on kind of defeats the point of playing multiplayer server.

Wish more people stayed on the server   :(

part is when I or other staff are "on" we are busy helping others more then we can work on our own stuff. Considering when I was running around I did find your tree and it is pretty cool.

On the good builder's note its really kinda hard to find a good builder to work with, as people who are usually highly talkative/want help usually are not what we consider good builders. Personally I don't like helping others or others helping me as on both sides the means of communicating what you want something is usually lost and the other has to redo parts of it.

That is unless your going off some pre-designs or each of you are doing parts of a function.

Personally I really just do redstone stuff usually as for visual appeal I am not that good at. I did make the Atlantis Arena, but with Aida's and a few others help on the way. And even in my opinion Atlantis looks a bit tacky as I really need to find a way to do the lights better.

Offline Akomine

• Staff Member | Administrator
  • Cheese
  • Llamas: 666
  • Meep Meep
    • View profile
« Reply #3 on: 15 October 2012, 12:46:04 PM »
Alas, this is indeed a problem of hosting a server in North America during the school year.

We used to bump this thread when players were sparse (it works), but haven't done it since august... give it a try when you're feeling lonely:
http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/955787-join-villagecraft-survival-server/page__st__160

Ako is gay and has superaids - Air

Offline lordmel01

• Cheese
    • View profile
« Reply #4 on: 15 October 2012, 07:46:21 PM »
i would be glad to help build anything. im not on on mondays thru fridays but this week we have wedsday and friday off
i once built i giant battle areana with fuctional tnt cannons that used pistons to reload (this was in single player it was pointless to build because it was single player sadly my brother deleted my world  it was on)

Offline SirLogiC (OP)

• Member of Parliament
  • Cheese
    • View profile
« Reply #5 on: 16 October 2012, 07:47:50 AM »
Yeah, understand this lol. Australia is a good country but there are some things that really piss me off, like the crappy Internet, or crappy time zone for online gaming :)

Offline TheCatsMangler

• Member of Parliament
  • Cheese
  • Llamas: -3
    • View profile
« Reply #6 on: 16 October 2012, 07:51:10 AM »
Yea not much happening but im making a kingdom with load of other people and its building up well want to help?

Offline cjm721

• [FORUM BANNED]
  • Cheese
    • View profile
« Reply #7 on: 16 October 2012, 12:39:08 PM »
Yeah, understand this lol. Australia is a good country but there are some things that really piss me off, like the crappy Internet, or crappy time zone for online gaming :)

game with Korea (btw South Korea's national sport is Starcraft) they always seem to love to faunt in my face that 10 of them can play for 24 hours srtaight.

Offline Akomine

• Staff Member | Administrator
  • Cheese
  • Llamas: 666
  • Meep Meep
    • View profile
« Reply #8 on: 16 October 2012, 03:02:38 PM »
Speaking of StarCraft... me thinks it's about time to get back into StarCraft II and Diablo III :)

Ako is gay and has superaids - Air

Offline lordmel01

• Cheese
    • View profile
« Reply #9 on: 16 October 2012, 07:56:06 PM »
Yea not much happening but im making a kingdom with load of other people and its building up well want to help?

sure i would help im good with tnt cannons i tinker with them in single player

Offline knitefall

• Cheese
  • Fuck you, fuck you, your cool, fuck you, I am out!
    • View profile
« Reply #10 on: 17 October 2012, 08:42:05 PM »
Ako, dont you dare get back into those games, we wont see you again for ages...