Author Topic: wus muted 4 no reeson.  (Read 11711 times)

Offline Nediac (OP)

• New Villager
  • Llamas: 0
  • Yo
    • View profile
wus muted 4 no reeson.
« on: 28 December 2012, 12:22:47 AM »
i wus muted 4 no reeson at all.

i wus talkn normully nd Aysun decided 2 mute me.

i didnt feel like talkn like dis, "it pains me to talk like this, and wastes my energy." i find et eesier 2 type lik dis.

there is no rul 2 prevnt me frum tlkn lik dis.

in dis foto it sais u arnt here 2 police me.

thank u 4 ur time.

Offline JANUARYJONES

• Staff Member | Administrator
  • Cheese
  • Llamas: 1
    • View profile
Re: wus muted 4 no reeson.
« Reply #1 on: 28 December 2012, 12:26:37 AM »
u no y she muted u.
dun u even pretend 2 b innocent, u wer bein so dam annoyin' w/ ur dum talk n we told u ova n ova 2 b quiet

u need to not b so disturbtive 4 1nc

Offline Nediac (OP)

• New Villager
  • Yo
    • View profile
« Reply #2 on: 28 December 2012, 12:29:22 AM »
bt it isnt aginst teh roolz

Offline cjm721

• [FORUM BANNED]
  • Cheese
    • View profile
« Reply #3 on: 28 December 2012, 12:29:35 AM »
u no y she muted u.
dun u even pretend 2 b innocent, u wer bein so dam annoyin' w/ ur dum talk n we told u ova n ova 2 b quiet

annoying = mute now? and this is a public post you could at least say something more then you know why you where muted and explain.

Offline xxbabygirlstar

• Member of Parliament
  • Cheese
  • They say true love hurts, well this could kill me
    • View profile
    • Youtubez!
« Reply #4 on: 28 December 2012, 12:30:48 AM »
u no y she muted u.

annoying = mute now? and this is a public post you could at least say something more then you know why you where muted and explain.

He failed to mention both Jan and Aysun had repeatedly told him to stop and he didn't even acknowledge it.
I was under the impression that if an admin/mod asks you to do something, you do it.

Steam name: xxbabygirlstar
Skype name: xxbabygirlstar
Youtube channel: http://youtube.com/xxbabygirlstar
Battle.net: xxbabygirlstar@aim.com

Offline Nediac (OP)

• New Villager
  • Yo
    • View profile
« Reply #5 on: 28 December 2012, 12:31:51 AM »
ur impresun wus rong.

Offline cjm721

• [FORUM BANNED]
  • Cheese
    • View profile
« Reply #6 on: 28 December 2012, 12:32:34 AM »
u no y she muted u.

He failed to mention both Jan and Aysun had repeatedly told him to stop and he didn't even acknowledge it.
I was under the impression that if an admin/mod asks you to do something, you do it.

Jan also failed to mention that.

Offline JANUARYJONES

• Cheese
    • View profile
« Reply #7 on: 28 December 2012, 12:34:19 AM »
u no y she muted u.

omg u dun hav 2 sit on da forums all day ya no.

Offline xxbabygirlstar

• Member of Parliament
  • Cheese
    • View profile
    • Youtubez!
« Reply #8 on: 28 December 2012, 12:34:48 AM »
u no y she muted u.

She's not the one appealing, now is she? She was just stating that he knows what he did was wrong. Look at the second screenshot, she explained it right there.

Offline millionaurefor

• Member of Parliament
  • Cheese
    • View profile
« Reply #9 on: 28 December 2012, 12:35:09 AM »
I agree
Best Wishes,
millionaurefor

Offline Zavier187

• New Villager
    • View profile
« Reply #10 on: 28 December 2012, 12:35:56 AM »
Fite me irl

Offline cjm721

• [FORUM BANNED]
  • Cheese
    • View profile
« Reply #11 on: 28 December 2012, 12:36:15 AM »
u no y she muted u.

She's not the one appealing, now is she? She was just stating that he knows what he did was wrong. Look at the second screenshot, she explained it right there.

No but she did respond and just said you know why when this is a highly public forum.

Second I am on Skype and see that there is a abuse post so I go check it out.

Offline Nediac (OP)

• New Villager
  • Yo
    • View profile
« Reply #12 on: 28 December 2012, 12:36:43 AM »
fite me irl fagit. do u evn lift?

Offline Zavier187

• New Villager
    • View profile
« Reply #13 on: 28 December 2012, 12:38:05 AM »
git off mah dik nd fite me irl 1v1 me bich

Offline xxbabygirlstar

• Member of Parliament
  • Cheese
    • View profile
    • Youtubez!
« Reply #14 on: 28 December 2012, 12:38:21 AM »
This entire thread can be summed up in one picture:

No but she did respond and just said you know why when this is a highly public forum.

It was explained in the screenshot. She doesn't need to repeat herself. That's apparently your job.

Offline Zavier187

• New Villager
    • View profile
« Reply #15 on: 28 December 2012, 12:39:34 AM »

It was explained in the screenshot. She doesn't need to repeat herself. That's apparently your job.
git back in the kitchin, wheres my sandwich

Offline Airbongo

• Cheese
  • Llamas: 69
  • Eh, what's up, doc?
    • View profile
« Reply #16 on: 28 December 2012, 12:40:00 AM »
I would never have muted just for speaking like that. There is no rule against it and Aysun was wrong to do it but I will temp ban you from the forums for mocking this sacred appeals board.

Nediac has been temporarily banned from the forums for 2 days

Offline JANUARYJONES

• Cheese
    • View profile
« Reply #17 on: 28 December 2012, 12:40:18 AM »
i

u wana finish dis irl?
i am a murderur LOL

Offline Nediac (OP)

• New Villager
  • Yo
    • View profile
« Reply #18 on: 28 December 2012, 12:42:04 AM »
binana

Offline cjm721

• [FORUM BANNED]
  • Cheese
    • View profile
« Reply #19 on: 28 December 2012, 12:42:32 AM »

She does have a responsibly to explain the situation unless you are just trying to divert this because did do something wrong.

Note: unless you are appealing a punishment, please don't post in someone else's appeal unless you have evidence or information that would make your intervention worthwhile. We don't need comments or opinions, unless we ask for them. Evidence and information is okay. Intervening with irrelevant posts that are not important to the appeal may result in an immediate forum temporary ban. Please, though, post useful information, observations, and interpretations if they add to the thread.

« Last Edit: 28 December 2012, 12:54:52 AM by airborne101st45 »

Offline Nediac (OP)

• New Villager
  • Yo
    • View profile
« Reply #20 on: 28 December 2012, 12:42:50 AM »
i

u wana finish dis irl?
i am a murderur LOL

fite me den.

Offline Zavier187

• New Villager
    • View profile
« Reply #21 on: 28 December 2012, 12:43:24 AM »

Offline Airbongo

• Cheese
  • Eh, what's up, doc?
    • View profile
« Reply #22 on: 28 December 2012, 12:53:37 AM »
By the way, even though this was the most retarded thread I have ever seen, this board has special rules and they will be enforced. The only one following them was CJ.
 The rules are:

Note: unless you are appealing a punishment, please don't post in someone else's appeal unless you have evidence or information that would make your intervention worthwhile. We don't need comments or opinions, unless we ask for them. Evidence and information is okay. Intervening with irrelevant posts that are not important to the appeal may result in an immediate forum temporary ban. Please, though, post useful information, observations, and interpretations if they add to the thread.

Offline JANUARYJONES

• Cheese
    • View profile
« Reply #23 on: 28 December 2012, 12:55:47 AM »

She does have a responsibly to explain the situation unless you are just trying to divert this because did do something wrong.

Obviously this thread isn't even serious, Nediac said he isn't. I think you just like to jump on every thread to attack staff because you are still buttmad. Give it a rest.

Offline Aysun

• Member of Parliament
  • Cheese
    • View profile
« Reply #24 on: 28 December 2012, 01:04:18 AM »
I guess I'll give my side.

First, I think Star's original post was within the rules stated by CJ and Air, and as she actually witnessed what was happening, I would think her observations and interpretations are valid.

And onto the muting: I can only take so much blatant stupidity. I've been online for quite awhile today playing and was a little fed up by this point. I don't like feeling like I have to babysit anyone, as that is NOT my job as a moderator and I'm well aware of that, but today everyone was acting like fucking children (even the ones who aren't actually children and have no excuse). No rules were broken, maybe, but it could have been avoided if he'd just said 'lol, sorry, I'm bored' instead of continuing to troll me. I don't think there are hard feelings on either of our parts.

He's unmuted, you know, and everyone's talking like that now.

if u cant beet em juin em

Offline JANUARYJONES

• Cheese
    • View profile
« Reply #25 on: 28 December 2012, 01:07:23 AM »
In her defense, he was talking an awful lot and tons of people were reacting. But like I said, he wasn't seriously offended by the mute and there's no conflict. Just some people out of the loop.

Offline Airbongo

• Cheese
  • Eh, what's up, doc?
    • View profile
« Reply #26 on: 28 December 2012, 01:09:35 AM »
I guess I'll give my side.

First, I think Star's original post was within the rules stated by CJ and Air, and as she actually witnessed what was happening, I would think her observations and interpretations are valid.

And onto the muting: I can only take so much blatant stupidity. I've been online for quite awhile today playing and was a little fed up by this point. I don't like feeling like I have to babysit anyone, as that is NOT my job as a moderator and I'm well aware of that, but today everyone was acting like fucking children (even the ones who aren't actually children and have no excuse). No rules were broken, maybe, but it could have been avoided if he'd just said 'lol, sorry, I'm bored' instead of continuing to troll me. I don't think there are hard feelings on either of our parts.

He's unmuted, you know, and everyone's talking like that now.

if u cant beet em juin em

Just use /ignore

Offline Akomine

• Cheese
  • Llamas: 666
  • Meep Meep
    • View profile
« Reply #27 on: 28 December 2012, 02:52:58 PM »
What's this? An Akomine verdict?

Based on the evidence in this appeal (since the only evidence against Ned I've seen here is "he was being annoying by talking weird"),
- I affirm of the unmute (which has already happened)
- I pardon Nediac from any wrongdoing
- I remind staff to not tell people what they can and can't type, unless it is causing conflict (which there is no evidence of here), or spamming
- I reverse the forum tempban
- I pardon Nediac from any forum wrongdoing
- I remind everyone that I am not trying to be rude here, just trying to be just. Lets pretend this little incident never happened....

This has been an Akomine verdict.
Oh Snap!

Edit and PS: But don't mock the ban appeals. I'm just reversing the forum tempban because of this odd situation.

And an addendum: While I do think you should listen to staff, I'm just pardoning you from the mute because I think you won this appeal, even if you did it in a mocking and strange manner. Air's forum tempban was probably justified. Aysun's mute was also justified in the spirit of listening to staff, but pardoned because I think it was too strict in the spirit of free speech.

Scratch all that. Looks like the evidence submission was not completed yet. I jumped the gun, sorry about that.

Please continue.
« Last Edit: 28 December 2012, 04:13:38 PM by Akomine »

Ako is gay and has superaids - Air

Offline Aysun

• Member of Parliament
  • Cheese
    • View profile
« Reply #28 on: 28 December 2012, 05:31:43 PM »
Shoot. The chat log Ako sent me actually goes all the way up to when the server updated. I'll have to ask him again later.

I plan on posting logs that support my decision (which was not based on him just being annoying with his spelling) to mute. He's unmuted now and I have no problem with that, I would just like to clear up why I muted him.

Offline Aysun

• Member of Parliament
  • Cheese
    • View profile
« Reply #29 on: 30 December 2012, 02:41:56 AM »
Well, I found the stuff in the logs, but they're gnarly server logs, so I'm not going to post it. I will send it to admins who request it and want to try to read it.

This is pretty much settled at this point anyway. It was discussed privately and I elaborated more on why I muted him (it was not just because of how he was typing but the fact that it was disruptive and riling up many our more excitable players on the server into a big mess).

-------
January 15th 2013 - Update by Akomine: This appeal is now getting old, but never recieved a verdict. Nediac has been long unmuted, but I think Aysun did the right thing at the time to mute him. However, without the evidence posted, both because this isn't an issue anymore, and because the proper logs weren't updated to record this event very well, Nediac is by default pardoned on this technicality (even though I think he was in the wrong).
Verdict:
Appeal Won. Player pardoned.
« Last Edit: 15 January 2013, 08:49:05 PM by Akomine »