Author Topic: 18 Thought-Provoking Questions  (Read 3952 times)

Offline cayrat (OP)

• Member of Parliament
  • Cheese
  • Llamas: 0
    • View profile
18 Thought-Provoking Questions
« on: 15 January 2013, 09:07:46 PM »
I found an article on a site called http://www.highexistence.com

It is about these questions, I though I would share them. If you would like to answer one, feel free to. Just say which one if you decide to.  :D

1. If you could make a 30 second speech to the entire world, what would you say?

2. If you were going to die at midnight, what would you be doing at 11:45pm?

3. How do you really KNOW anything for sure?

4. If you had all the money in the world but still had to have some kind of job, what would you choose to do?

5. When you’re 90 years old, what will matter most to you?

6. What do you regret most so far in life?

7. How can you apply the lesson you learned from that regret to your life TODAY?

8. What would you change if you were told with 100% certainty that God does not exist? Or if you don’t believe in God, that he does exist?

9. If you lost everything tomorrow, whose arms would you want to run into? Does that person know how much they mean to you?

10. Do you fear death? If so, do you have a good reason?

11. What would you change if you knew you were NEVER going to die?

12. If you were at heaven’s gates, and God asked “you why should I let you in?”, what would you say?

13. When will you be good enough for you? Is there some breaking point where you will accept everything about yourself?

14. Is the country you live in really the best fit for you?

15. What would people say about you at your funeral?

16. What small thing could you do to make someone’s day better?

17. (If you believe in god) would your relationship with god change it all if you were told with 100% certainty that he was actually a she?

18. What do you believe stands between you and complete happiness?

Credit to original at  http://www.highexistence.com/18-thought-provoking-questions/
"Everyone is crazy, some are just crazier then the rest of us."
"Let us test these hearts."
Let dead people do your work for you.
~Robert Lang

Offline knitefall

• Cheese
  • Fuck you, fuck you, your cool, fuck you, I am out!
    • View profile
Re: 18 Thought-Provoking Questions
« Reply #1 on: 15 January 2013, 09:18:48 PM »
1) "Fuck you, fuck you, fuck you, your cool, fuck you and I am out!

Kovos_Datch

« Reply #2 on: 15 January 2013, 09:21:36 PM »

Smile.

Offline xxbabygirlstar

• Member of Parliament
  • Cheese
  • They say true love hurts, well this could kill me
    • View profile
    • Youtubez!
« Reply #3 on: 15 January 2013, 09:43:41 PM »
1. If you could make a 30 second speech to the entire world, what would you say?
4. If you had all the money in the world but still had to have some kind of job, what would you choose to do?
7. How can you apply the lesson you learned from that regret to your life TODAY?
8. What would you change if you were told with 100% certainty that God does not exist? Or if you don’t believe in God, that he does exist?
9. If you lost everything tomorrow, whose arms would you want to run into? Does that person know how much they mean to you?
12. If you were at heaven’s gates, and God asked “you why should I let you in?”, what would you say?
13. When will you be good enough for you? Is there some breaking point where you will accept everything about yourself?
17. (If you believe in god) would your relationship with god change it all if you were told with 100% certainty that he was actually a she?

1. I don't care what your beliefs are. Don't condem those who don't believe the same. If your religion is really the right one, then the people who don't believe will answer to the "higher authority" when they die.
2. I'd probably be cuddling with someone who's very, very special to me and making sure he knows how special to me he is.
3. A combination of logic, gut feeling, and trust.
4. I'd run a homeless shelter that helped people get back on their feet, and educated those who didn't have an education.
5. My family, and cherishing every moment I had with them
6. That's between me and the one I wronged, and the few I trust enough to tell.
7. Never say things out of anger. Step away before you say something you don't mean. You can never take it back.
8. Since I'm on the fence as far as my belief in God goes, I don't know how it'd effect me. In a few months I could answer that with more certainty.
9. Oh, he knows.
10. I don't fear death as much as I fear leaving loved ones to miss me while I'm gone, and not being able to tell them how much they mean to me.
11. I think if I changed my body, I'd have less issues all around.
12. That would be between me and him. I have so much to say.
13. When I can look myself in the mirror and not hate what I see.
14. I'm not persecuted for my religious beliefs and I have opportunities. I suppose.
15. I could never be sure. And it depends on when I died. If it was right now... I would hope people would mention the fact I loved to laugh and went out of my way to please people.
16. Listen. Smile. Laugh. Hug.
17. N/A because I'm not sure what I believe in right now
18. My own self-image.

Well that was deep.

Steam name: xxbabygirlstar
Skype name: xxbabygirlstar
Youtube channel: http://youtube.com/xxbabygirlstar
Battle.net: xxbabygirlstar@aim.com

Offline Akomine

• Staff Member | Administrator
  • Cheese
  • Llamas: 666
  • Meep Meep
    • View profile
« Reply #4 on: 15 January 2013, 10:17:02 PM »
Ah what the hell, I'll answer a few. I think Kovos's answer to 16 is more important that many might think, and there have been studies done on it.

Evidence. Otherwise you don't know. Or, from a epistemological/scientific standpoint, we don't technically know anything, but we have rational empirical facts and theories that we can consider knowledge based on evidence which are demonstrable.

Something to do with travelling the world and making sure I help people along the way. Maybe toss in a dose of film making.

8. What would you change if you were told with 100% certainty that God a god does not exist? Or if you don’t believe in God a god, that he one does exist?
I do not believe in any god, so if there was some way that we suddenly could be 100% certain one does exist, I would become a theist.

Yes, because I want to experience more things in life. I ain't done yet.

I would make an effort to record things through certain conflicts and eras of history, so I could be a wiseman for future generations on how to tackle certain issues effectively without falling into the same mistakes and patterns of the past. I would also do wheelies on my motorcycle.

"God, thanks for all the horrible things you did to the inhabitants of the Earth, asshole. I think I'll go hangout down in hell with George Carlin and other like-minded people." I'd then give him the middle finger, yelling "fuck you motherfucker!!" while falling down to hell and eating cheese. It'd be awesome. You'd see that movie, right?

PS: I'd also have to question why "God" requires an argument from me. All-knowing or not? ;)

Can't answer as I haven't travelled to enough countries to know yet. However, I am pretty lucky to live in paradise (compared to many parts of the world).
« Last Edit: 15 January 2013, 10:21:59 PM by Akomine »

Ako is gay and has superaids - Air

Offline Airbongo

• Cheese
  • Llamas: 69
  • Eh, what's up, doc?
    • View profile
« Reply #5 on: 15 January 2013, 11:10:28 PM »

8. What would you change if you were told with 100% certainty that God a god does not exist? Or if you don’t believe in God a god, that he one does exist?

Well, my beliefs are based on facts so like Ako's, I would become a theist.

Ehh, I don't really fear death because I don't think there's an afterlife. Like Star, I fear leaving people behind.

I would travel the world savagely murdering all the scum of the earth :D

"God", heaven's gates? I assume you are talking about the Christian God... Ehh I love Ako's reply, I would go party with Satan. Satan must be a chill fucker. He chills in a pool of lava, he is surrounded with hookers and he has horns. Maaan, fucker is chill.

Fuck no D: Government is corrupt, there's an ongoing drug war...

Offline JANUARYJONES

• Cheese
  • Llamas: 1
    • View profile
« Reply #6 on: 16 January 2013, 12:11:23 AM »
Finally dying

If God was real I wouldn't change a damn thing, I'm a good person who uses the morals I was born with and that should be enough. I'm not going to read a "holy" book that really is immoral and disturbing, I'm not going to worship someone who grants eternal damnation to those who don't worship him or acknowledge him. Would a "god that is so good" need to be worshiped, or else you'll suffer for eternity? ...

Sometimes. I've had several near death experiences, one where I thought I was going to die for sure. Your body feels like you're falling, you have no control over your life. And you'll never recreate the scream that bursts through your teeth or close your eyes as tight again as you wait for metal to slice and dice, smother and deform you into a new shape your loved ones will see behind their eyelids until they die.

Hell no. I hate the United States of America with a passion and have been planning to move to Sweden for months.
I have family in the UK and Germany but ehh.... No.

Ask how they are and show that you really do care about them.

I do not intend to offend anyone.
If God was real, this is what would come to life:

Murdering babies, children, and raping women

Anyone who is captured will be run through with a sword.  Their little children will be dashed to death right before their eyes.  Their homes will be sacked and their wives raped by the attacking hordes.  For I will stir up the Medes against Babylon, and no amount of silver or gold will buy them off.  The attacking armies will shoot down the young people with arrows.  They will have no mercy on helpless babies and will show no compassion for the children.  (Isaiah 13:15-18 NLT)

If you married a girl who wasn't a virgin guess what? She's dead.
But if this charge is true and evidence of the girls virginity is not found, they shall bring the girl to the entrance of her fathers house and there her townsman shall stone her to death, because she committed a crime against Israel by her unchasteness in her father's house.  Thus shall you purge the evil from your midst.  (Deuteronomy  22:20-21 NAB)

A raped woman is forced to marry her rapist, but they make it sound like a punishment for him
If a man is caught in the act of raping a young woman who is not engaged, he must pay fifty pieces of silver to her father.  Then he must marry the young woman because he violated her, and he will never be allowed to divorce her. (Deuteronomy 22:28-29 NLT)

Sex slaves
When a man sells his daughter as a slave, she will not be freed at the end of six years as the men are.  If she does not please the man who bought her, he may allow her to be bought back again.  But he is not allowed to sell her to foreigners, since he is the one who broke the contract with her.  And if the slave girl's owner arranges for her to marry his son, he may no longer treat her as a slave girl, but he must treat her as his daughter.  If he himself marries her and then takes another wife, he may not reduce her food or clothing or fail to sleep with her as his wife.  If he fails in any of these three ways, she may leave as a free woman without making any payment.   (Exodus 21:7-11 NLT)

You're encouraged to rape your female captives given from the Lord your God himself
"When you go out to war against your enemies and the LORD, your God, delivers them into your hand, so that you take captives, if you see a comely woman among the captives and become so enamored of her that you wish to have her as wife, you may take her home to your house.  But before she may live there, she must shave her head and pare her nails and lay aside her captive's garb.  After she has mourned her father and mother for a full month, you may have relations with her, and you shall be her husband and she shall be your wife.  However, if later on you lose your liking for her, you shall give her her freedom, if she wishes it; but you shall not sell her or enslave her, since she was married to you under compulsion."  (Deuteronomy 21:10-14 NAB)

If you sleep with a man's wife you and his wife are dead.
If a man commits adultery with another man's wife, both the man and the woman must be put to death.  (Leviticus 20:10 NLT)

You HAVE kill people who lack doing the Lord's work. "remissly: negligent in the performance of work or duty"
Cursed be he who does the Lords work remissly, cursed he who holds back his sword from blood.  (Jeremiah 48:10 NAB)

Death to little brats who hit their parents or curse them
Whoever strikes his father or mother shall be put to death.  (Exodus 21:15 NAB)
All who curse their father or mother must be put to death.  They are guilty of a capital offense.  (Leviticus 20:9 NLT)

I have a directory to these verses written on the first page in my own Bible, and I could write tons more, but you get the gist.
So how about those family values?
« Last Edit: 16 January 2013, 01:49:26 AM by JANUARYJONES »

Offline Airbongo

• Cheese
  • Eh, what's up, doc?
    • View profile
« Reply #7 on: 16 January 2013, 07:10:37 AM »
Finally dying

If God was real I wouldn't change a damn thing, I'm a good person who uses the morals I was born with and that should be enough. I'm not going to read a "holy" book that really is immoral and disturbing, I'm not going to worship someone who grants eternal damnation to those who don't worship him or acknowledge him. Would a "god that is so good" need to be worshiped, or else you'll suffer for eternity? ...

Sometimes. I've had several near death experiences, one where I thought I was going to die for sure. Your body feels like you're falling, you have no control over your life. And you'll never recreate the scream that bursts through your teeth or close your eyes as tight again as you wait for metal to slice and dice, smother and deform you into a new shape your loved ones will see behind their eyelids until they die.

Hell no. I hate the United States of America with a passion and have been planning to move to Sweden for months.
I have family in the UK and Germany but ehh.... No.

Ask how they are and show that you really do care about them.

I do not intend to offend anyone.
If God was real, this is what would come to life:

Murdering babies, children, and raping women

Anyone who is captured will be run through with a sword.  Their little children will be dashed to death right before their eyes.  Their homes will be sacked and their wives raped by the attacking hordes.  For I will stir up the Medes against Babylon, and no amount of silver or gold will buy them off.  The attacking armies will shoot down the young people with arrows.  They will have no mercy on helpless babies and will show no compassion for the children.  (Isaiah 13:15-18 NLT)

If you married a girl who wasn't a virgin guess what? She's dead.
But if this charge is true and evidence of the girls virginity is not found, they shall bring the girl to the entrance of her fathers house and there her townsman shall stone her to death, because she committed a crime against Israel by her unchasteness in her father's house.  Thus shall you purge the evil from your midst.  (Deuteronomy  22:20-21 NAB)

A raped woman is forced to marry her rapist, but they make it sound like a punishment for him
If a man is caught in the act of raping a young woman who is not engaged, he must pay fifty pieces of silver to her father.  Then he must marry the young woman because he violated her, and he will never be allowed to divorce her. (Deuteronomy 22:28-29 NLT)

Sex slaves
When a man sells his daughter as a slave, she will not be freed at the end of six years as the men are.  If she does not please the man who bought her, he may allow her to be bought back again.  But he is not allowed to sell her to foreigners, since he is the one who broke the contract with her.  And if the slave girl's owner arranges for her to marry his son, he may no longer treat her as a slave girl, but he must treat her as his daughter.  If he himself marries her and then takes another wife, he may not reduce her food or clothing or fail to sleep with her as his wife.  If he fails in any of these three ways, she may leave as a free woman without making any payment.   (Exodus 21:7-11 NLT)

You're encouraged to rape your female captives given from the Lord your God himself
"When you go out to war against your enemies and the LORD, your God, delivers them into your hand, so that you take captives, if you see a comely woman among the captives and become so enamored of her that you wish to have her as wife, you may take her home to your house.  But before she may live there, she must shave her head and pare her nails and lay aside her captive's garb.  After she has mourned her father and mother for a full month, you may have relations with her, and you shall be her husband and she shall be your wife.  However, if later on you lose your liking for her, you shall give her her freedom, if she wishes it; but you shall not sell her or enslave her, since she was married to you under compulsion."  (Deuteronomy 21:10-14 NAB)

If you sleep with a man's wife you and his wife are dead.
If a man commits adultery with another man's wife, both the man and the woman must be put to death.  (Leviticus 20:10 NLT)

You HAVE kill people who lack doing the Lord's work. "remissly: negligent in the performance of work or duty"
Cursed be he who does the Lords work remissly, cursed he who holds back his sword from blood.  (Jeremiah 48:10 NAB)

Death to little brats who hit their parents or curse them
Whoever strikes his father or mother shall be put to death.  (Exodus 21:15 NAB)
All who curse their father or mother must be put to death.  They are guilty of a capital offense.  (Leviticus 20:9 NLT)

I have a directory to these verses written on the first page in my own Bible, and I could write tons more, but you get the gist.
So how about those family values?

Offline ChaosMushrooms

• Member of Parliament
  • Cheese
  • ckiens
    • View profile
« Reply #8 on: 16 January 2013, 11:27:06 AM »
I found an article on a site called http://www.highexistence.com

It is about these questions, I though I would share them. If you would like to answer one, feel free to. Just say which one if you decide to.  :D

Credit to original at  http://www.highexistence.com/18-thought-provoking-questions/

1. Don't be something you're not, be yourself, that's what's really cool
2. Break into a celebrity's house to meet them.
3. I don't
4. Singer? I like singing.
5. Dancing.
6. Being a bad person :/
7. Do what I want.
8. I have my own religion so I'm not sure. Probably not much.
9. My father.
10. I do not, as far as I'm concerned, death is just getting out of one car and into the other.
11. Nothing. The world will make its own fate.
12. Because otherwise I'll break in.
13. When I have worked all my life to achieve the final goal.
14. Yes.
15. Whatever they choose, it would make no difference to me.
16. Buy them a drink of their choice.
17. It would not change.
18. Life.

Offline Airbongo

• Cheese
  • Eh, what's up, doc?
    • View profile
« Reply #9 on: 16 January 2013, 11:42:21 AM »

Pffft, I have a huge ego. Nigga, I love myself.