Author Topic: Aliens: Colonial Marines  (Read 2429 times)

Offline SirLogiC (OP)

• Member of Parliament
  • Cheese
  • Llamas: 0
    • View profile
Aliens: Colonial Marines
« on: 12 February 2013, 09:58:02 PM »
Don't get it. Got the PC version on steam. Usually I don't get shooters because they rely on multiplayer and the single player experience is terrible for it. Once in a while a shooter comes along that looks like it would be good so I try it out. So here is rundown of why A:CM is terrible.

The good:
-It really feels like a movie in the franchise, with the bonus that at least more people than you survive at the end. Pretty good for a game.
-Aliens

The Annoying:
-Weapons are terribly inaccurate, looking down weapon sights is useless since not even the first shot is accurate, spray and pray or let them get close is really only way to shoot.
-Console thing of aim assist nudges cursor every now and then, which is really fucking annoying because I wouldn't need it if guns could shoot straight. Still can't hit shit with it.

The Bad:
-Incredibly short campaign. I thought Dishonoured was short but I blew threw this game in a day.
-PvP match making is terrible. There is no MP games lobby or listed games or custom games. It is purely random match making, ported directly from console land. I guess if you like that random sort of thing, or have lots of similarly disappointed friends that got this game, it might be alright.
-PvP is terrible. Too fast, deaths are near instant and games are strictly timed to last very short times. Tactics for marines is shoot everything that moves. Tactics for aliens devolve to everyone leap at marines and kill them before dying. 
-Joined one game and had 500 latency and realised how shit this game would be for MP in Australia if I can't choose low ping hosts.

Massively disappointed to be done with this game in only ONE day.

I'm gonna go back to PoE now.

Offline Airbongo

• Staff Member | Administrator
  • Cheese
  • Llamas: 69
  • Eh, what's up, doc?
    • View profile
Re: Aliens: Colonial Marines
« Reply #1 on: 13 February 2013, 04:34:32 AM »
Lol I was considering buying it :D

Offline JANUARYJONES

• Cheese
  • Llamas: 1
    • View profile
« Reply #2 on: 14 February 2013, 06:40:06 AM »
3/10 on Eurogamer, ouch!
I've seen a lot of threads with people saying this game is a piece of shit.

Offline Akomine

• Cheese
  • Llamas: 666
  • Meep Meep
    • View profile
« Reply #3 on: 14 February 2013, 06:44:00 AM »

Ako is gay and has superaids - Air

Offline ThePandaWonder

• Member of Parliament
  • Cheese
  • Llamas: -1
  • 9/11
    • View profile
    • Fuck yeah its Cheese!
« Reply #4 on: 14 February 2013, 02:51:50 PM »

Offline SirLogiC (OP)

• Member of Parliament
  • Cheese
  • Llamas: 0
    • View profile
« Reply #5 on: 16 February 2013, 10:59:01 AM »
Yeah I totally wish I waited for reviews instead of pre-ordering. it's a POS game.