Author Topic: NPCs  (Read 15562 times)

Offline luisc99 (OP)

• Staff Member | Administrator
  • Cheese
  • Llamas: 60
    • View profile
NPCs
« on: 27 February 2013, 12:48:50 PM »
What about NPCs that already exist in non-PVP villages? Also can we edit these ones as they stopped moving in the 1.4 update?

Offline Runek

• Cheese
  • Llamas: 0
  • Where there's a Shadow, there's a Light.
    • View profile
Re: NPCs
« Reply #1 on: 27 February 2013, 12:53:35 PM »
What about NPCs that already exist in non-PVP villages? Also can we edit these ones as they stopped moving in the 1.4 update?

All NPCs except for that silly Blacksmith and the ones in /warp help have been removed as of quite a while ago.

Offline luisc99 (OP)

• Cheese
  • Llamas: 60
    • View profile
« Reply #2 on: 27 February 2013, 01:32:32 PM »
All NPCs except for that silly Blacksmith and the ones in /warp help have been removed as of quite a while ago.

Do we get a refund on these?

Offline Runek

• Cheese
    • View profile
« Reply #3 on: 27 February 2013, 01:35:26 PM »

No, you enjoyed them for quite a while. ..Also, several of you used them to keep certain chunks loaded for your chicken farms and other collecting devices, which caused lag to everyone else even when you were not online. Shame on you.

Offline ChaosMushrooms

• Member of Parliament
  • Cheese
  • ckiens
    • View profile
« Reply #4 on: 27 February 2013, 01:49:28 PM »
I demand a refund for all players who have been affected. I will forever be known as 'The Great Refunder of Villagecraft 2013' and your children will sing songs of me and my great adventure and struggle to get us a refund. I will walk the roughest of paths, swim the deepest of rivers and traverse the highest of mountains to get this refund. I will destroy Runek and his non refund ways. Villagecrafters,  together we will get this refund!

The above is only applicable when I can be bothered.

Offline Airbongo

• Cheese
  • Llamas: 69
  • Eh, what's up, doc?
    • View profile
« Reply #5 on: 27 February 2013, 01:49:37 PM »

No, you enjoyed them for quite a while. ..Also, several of you used them to keep certain chunks loaded for your chicken farms and other collecting devices, which caused lag to everyone else even when you were not online. Shame on you.

I don't think they did it on purpose D:

Offline Airbongo

• Cheese
  • Eh, what's up, doc?
    • View profile
« Reply #6 on: 27 February 2013, 01:55:20 PM »
I demand a refund for all players who have been affected. I will forever be known as 'The Great Refunder of Villagecraft 2013' and your children will sing songs of me and my great adventure and struggle to get us a refund. I will walk the roughest of paths, swim the deepest of rivers and traverse the highest of mountains to get this refund. I will destroy Runek and his non refund ways. Villagecrafters,  together we will get this refund!

The above is only applicable when I can be bothered.

If anyone asks for a refund we will seize their village and turn it into a tities bar.

Offline Runek

• Cheese
    • View profile
« Reply #7 on: 27 February 2013, 01:55:32 PM »

I don't think they did it on purpose D:

It's a non-issue, really. :)

lol, demand a refund all you want. You got your money's worth easy - those NPCs were very cheap. You also didn't notice that they've been missing for weeks. ;) Not very attached to them, huh?

In any case, enjoy the new NPCs! An upgraded class and 'specialty' NPCs will follow in the near future. :D

Offline ChaosMushrooms

• Member of Parliament
  • Cheese
  • ckiens
    • View profile
« Reply #8 on: 27 February 2013, 02:04:59 PM »
I haven't really been around the parts they are in to be honest. But I think I did notice once but I thought that it was a glitch.

Offline xxbabygirlstar

• Member of Parliament
  • Cheese
  • They say true love hurts, well this could kill me
    • View profile
    • Youtubez!
« Reply #9 on: 27 February 2013, 02:05:49 PM »
I haven't really been around the parts they are in to be honest. But I think I did notice once but I thought that it was a glitch.

How much did they even cost? Is it really worth a fuss?

Steam name: xxbabygirlstar
Skype name: xxbabygirlstar
Youtube channel: http://youtube.com/xxbabygirlstar
Battle.net: xxbabygirlstar@aim.com

Offline Runek

• Cheese
    • View profile
« Reply #10 on: 27 February 2013, 02:13:19 PM »

A couple thousand each, I believe. People were able to get their money's worth from them before they bit the dust. Dat virtual money, yo~

Offline ChaosMushrooms

• Member of Parliament
  • Cheese
  • ckiens
    • View profile
« Reply #11 on: 27 February 2013, 02:24:43 PM »
I still paid for them.

Offline Runek

• Cheese
    • View profile
« Reply #12 on: 27 February 2013, 02:27:32 PM »
I still paid for them.

-.-* With virtual money. You paid and were granted a service. That service was removed when it jeopardized the server as a whole.

Grow up. There are plenty of worthwhile things to complain about.

Offline cjm721

• [FORUM BANNED]
  • Cheese
    • View profile
« Reply #13 on: 27 February 2013, 02:37:37 PM »

15k for standard
40k for blacksmith
60k for guard

Either way they paid to have it. When ako and I removed guards the first time I went threw every single npc and repaid everyone that had one.

Don't know why I even bother to ask, but how does removing all the current ones then allowing people to buy back the new ones stop them from using it keep chunks loaded? May take a staff member to put it down, but does not stop from building near it, or the farm being out of sight.

I still paid for them.

And you still used them.
I'm with Runey here.

This would be like you paying for a train ride, then demanding your money back when it's over.

Expect that they paid to have them as their  property and they are being forcibly taken away.

I still paid for them.

-.-* With virtual money. You paid and were granted a service. That service was removed when it jeopardized the server as a whole.

Grow up. There are plenty of worthwhile things to complain about.

We did not offer it as a service but a product, but hell you guys can do what ever you feel like with it. Considering it would be interesting to know how keeping an area loaded that would be equivalent of a player standing there was causing server lag, when the server stops entity creation in a given area after it reaches its set limit, and that spigiot is made to freeze chunks if they cause to many errors or tps loss.

Offline Runek

• Cheese
    • View profile
« Reply #14 on: 27 February 2013, 02:49:07 PM »
Negative.

Removing NPCs reduced loaded chunks by 3,000. Fact

New NPCs will not be allowed to be stationary within PVP-OFF areas, so they will be at risk of death. New NPCs are not invincible.

Offline cjm721

• [FORUM BANNED]
  • Cheese
    • View profile
« Reply #15 on: 27 February 2013, 02:54:21 PM »
Negative.

New NPCs will not be allowed to be stationary within PVP-OFF areas, so they will be at risk of death. New NPCs are not invincible.

Well if your still using normal chunk loading that is 441 per person so about 8 npc if the chunks where not loaded by any other object, and even then the normal chunks loaded use to be at max 4000 with us only using about 1/3 to 1/2 of the available ram.

Considering with the amount of changes made in the past few months I assume most of my optimizations that made the server keep 19+TPS and 99% uptime have been changed / removed.

Offline Runek

• Cheese
    • View profile
« Reply #16 on: 27 February 2013, 03:04:09 PM »
Negative.

Well if your still using normal chunk loading that is 441 per person so about 8 npc if the chunks where not loaded by any other object, and even then the normal chunks loaded use to be at max 4000 with us only using about 1/3 to 1/2 of the available ram.

Considering with the amount of changes made in the past few months I assume most of my optimizations that made the server keep 19+TPS and 99% uptime have been changed / removed.

Incorrect, I'm afraid. Loaded chunks at the time of your dismissal were averaging around 5.5k. TPS was - forgive me, my memory is hazy - 12-15.

We are solid 20 TPS these days. If by 'optimizations' you mean the remnants of old plugins that were not in use but still hooking in essentials, yes, they have been removed.

Offline cjm721

• [FORUM BANNED]
  • Cheese
    • View profile
« Reply #17 on: 27 February 2013, 03:17:18 PM »
Negative.

Incorrect, I'm afraid. Loaded chunks at the time of your dismissal were averaging around 5.5k. TPS was - forgive me, my memory is hazy - 12-15.

We are solid 20 TPS these days. If by 'optimizations' you mean the remnants of old plugins that were not in use but still hooking in essentials, yes, they have been removed.

Lol, you could at least get your facts straight. When I left we had an average of 3.5K chunks loaded in overworld (sub 1k total for nether+end) and we were running at 20TPS. Now after I resigned from staff they started to drop due to plugins being changed and general daily cleaning not being done.

Now you could at least answer the question of how 8 more players being on the server when there is an entity limit and thread/entity freezing on overload and your still getting lag. Then why are people not being repaid for something we let the players buy not rent.

Edit: And you did not even have perms to back end yet or all essentials commands to see TPS until after I resigned from staff.

Offline ChaosMushrooms

• Member of Parliament
  • Cheese
  • ckiens
    • View profile
« Reply #18 on: 27 February 2013, 03:20:00 PM »
I may start a petition to get refunds.

Offline Runek

• Cheese
    • View profile
« Reply #19 on: 27 February 2013, 03:20:23 PM »

Offline ChaosMushrooms

• Member of Parliament
  • Cheese
  • ckiens
    • View profile
« Reply #20 on: 27 February 2013, 03:34:56 PM »

Offline Airbongo

• Cheese
  • Eh, what's up, doc?
    • View profile
« Reply #21 on: 27 February 2013, 04:01:55 PM »

That made me laugh. Good shit sir, good shit.

Offline Runek

• Cheese
    • View profile
« Reply #22 on: 27 February 2013, 04:03:05 PM »
Lame ass firewall always blocks the funny stuff. :-\

Offline Airbongo

• Cheese
  • Eh, what's up, doc?
    • View profile
« Reply #23 on: 27 February 2013, 04:08:33 PM »
Lame ass firewall always blocks the funny stuff. :-\

This one should work.

Offline Runek

• Cheese
    • View profile
« Reply #24 on: 27 February 2013, 04:20:11 PM »
LOL. Okay for that you get a refund.

All refunds subject to abrupt refusal for no reason what-so-ever. Services rendered are virtual and are to be considered entertainment value only, especially when you don't notice or care that your purchase has abruptly gone missing for weeks. Money-mongering after the fact will be treated with scorn and promptly laughed at. Any refunds that are approved by management must undergo a rigorous three day examination of mustache quality, and will be rejected if aforementioned quality is lacking. The opinions and falsehoods of banned individuals, here-after referred to as 'Lord Voldemort', will be taunted with gifs of Smeagol, and possibly pink unicorns if the internet runs out of applicable Smeagol pictures. This service provider reminds you that in the time spent complaining, you could have made your investment back - with interest.

Offline Airbongo

• Cheese
  • Eh, what's up, doc?
    • View profile
« Reply #25 on: 27 February 2013, 04:25:33 PM »

Offline Runek

• Cheese
    • View profile
« Reply #26 on: 27 February 2013, 04:27:00 PM »

...Exactly how long have you been holding on to that for the appropriate time?

Offline Airbongo

• Cheese
  • Eh, what's up, doc?
    • View profile
« Reply #27 on: 27 February 2013, 04:28:02 PM »

Not sure if unicorn getting milk...or unicorn performing fellatio on bigger unicorn.

Offline Runek

• Cheese
    • View profile
« Reply #28 on: 27 February 2013, 04:30:08 PM »

Not sure if unicorn getting milk...or unicorn performing fellatio on bigger unicorn.

Either way, that's dangerous man. Dat horn..

Offline Airbongo

• Cheese
  • Eh, what's up, doc?
    • View profile
« Reply #29 on: 27 February 2013, 04:48:39 PM »

Either way, that's dangerous man. Dat horn..

wow you don't know shit about unicorns... That unicorn is obviously one year old. Unicorns don't grow their horn until the third week of their second year of life and it takes at least 2 years more for their horn to reach maximum length.

Offline Runek

• Cheese
    • View profile
« Reply #30 on: 27 February 2013, 04:51:27 PM »