Author Topic: If your caught Xraying....  (Read 7096 times)

Offline DarkenedAngel (OP)

• Member of Parliament
  • Cheese
  • Llamas: 0
    • View profile
If your caught Xraying....
« on: 2 June 2012, 09:16:57 PM »
Then i think you should be completely reset on the server. You lose all you're money and items as well as you're house.

You should be punished for cheating. Just taking away the stuff they have on them or in their chests isn't enough i don't think. They just say "sorry, sorry, wont do it again" and then probably just do it more cautiously.

Not sure wut any of you guys think BUT if you are against this you probably Xray and i have my eye on you >.>
« Last Edit: 3 June 2012, 03:29:24 AM by DarkenedAngel »

Offline Rainy_Turtloid

• Cheese
  • Turtles are incredible
    • View profile
Re: If your caught Xraying....
« Reply #1 on: 2 June 2012, 10:31:46 PM »
I vote nay i dislike
Most of the xrayers are mc newbs 7-9 year olds who dont know its wrong. Sometimes they get falsely accused...

Don't use my nay...-Air
« Last Edit: 3 June 2012, 01:20:58 AM by airborne101st45 »

• Member of Parliament
  • Cheese
    • View profile
« Reply #2 on: 2 June 2012, 10:42:22 PM »
I vote nay ( i dislike )
Most of the xrayers are mc newbs 7-9 year olds who dont know its wrong. Sometimes they get falsely accused...
Well then losing everything is a good way to show them it is wrong isn't it?

Also it is going to be hard to be falsely accused. We have really good tools for figuring out Xrayers. I personally wait tell i have more then enough evidence. Just today i sat there and just watched Zero find 14 iron and 17gold with xray and waited tell i saw him use it to get more diamonds to finally jail him. I could have just jailed him after i saw him go straight to gold 3 times in a row.

I would also like to add "if you are against this you probably Xray" Rainy has been caught Xraying so I am 1 and 0 so far lol. (no rainy i am not saying you are Xraying still so stop crying)

Offline Airbongo

• Staff Member | Administrator
  • Cheese
  • Llamas: 69
  • Eh, what's up, doc?
    • View profile
« Reply #3 on: 3 June 2012, 01:23:46 AM »
Rainy, you were xraying...

And Dark: You're*    8)

• Member of Parliament
  • Cheese
    • View profile
« Reply #4 on: 3 June 2012, 03:29:54 AM »
Rainy, you were xraying...

And Dark: You're*    8)
Thankx air >.>..... fixed OP...

Offline Akomine

• Cheese
  • Llamas: 666
  • Meep Meep
    • View profile
« Reply #5 on: 3 June 2012, 02:46:39 PM »
Well, currently it's remove what they stole or the value of it. Then 2nd offence is permaban.
This does seem to work well if you ask me. I often go beyond simply resetting their balance, you know? They are often put far into the negative.

Ako is gay and has superaids - Air

Offline Rainy_Turtloid

• Cheese
  • Turtles are incredible
    • View profile
« Reply #6 on: 4 June 2012, 10:19:03 PM »
Yeah air but most of the shit u took was sirs and I was using antvenoms transparent AC pack
that's isn't xray LOL. Stop mentioning me with that fowl fucking mod I never uses. Texturepacks are dif things. Don't hate on me
Edit: the grass on it is awesome
Sry I'm on my phone

« Last Edit: 5 June 2012, 03:33:44 AM by airborne101st45 »

Offline Akomine

• Cheese
  • Meep Meep
    • View profile
« Reply #7 on: 4 June 2012, 10:35:48 PM »
Yeah air but most of the shit u took was sirs and I was using antvenoms transparent AC pack
that's isn't xray
LOL. Stop mentioning me with that fowl fucking mod I never uses. Texturepacks are dif things. Don't hate on me
Sry I'm on my phone

transparent texture pack = xray.

Offline Rainy_Turtloid

• Cheese
  • Turtles are incredible
    • View profile
« Reply #8 on: 4 June 2012, 10:48:10 PM »
O Sry :/ BTW I never used the mod so please just say "cheated"
ty

NAYO haha air

Offline Airbongo

• Cheese
  • Llamas: 69
  • Eh, what's up, doc?
    • View profile
« Reply #9 on: 5 June 2012, 03:33:07 AM »
that's isn't xray LOL. Stop mentioning me with that fowl fucking mod I never uses. Texturepacks are dif things. Don't hate on me
Sry I'm on my phone

It's the same concept since you are XRAYING the fucking ground and walls...

Offline Rainy_Turtloid

• Cheese
  • Turtles are incredible
    • View profile
« Reply #10 on: 5 June 2012, 04:56:09 PM »
thats a lie lol the only thing it helped me see was lava so i didnt kill myself -.- ill send u the pack if u wanna see gosh.

Offline cjm721

• [FORUM BANNED]
  • Cheese
    • View profile
« Reply #11 on: 5 June 2012, 11:35:49 PM »
thats a lie lol the only thing it helped me see was lava so i didnt kill myself -.- ill send u the pack if u wanna see gosh.

Click the hyperlink in Air's Post because that is what you were using.

Offline Pupdude

• Member of Parliament
  • Villager
  • I'm Sexy and I Know It!
    • View profile
« Reply #12 on: 28 June 2012, 02:33:02 PM »
That's a little bit harsh, don't you think?  Destroying everything they own is very abusive of Admin powers, and is downright griefing, even if it is a punishment for using X-Ray.  That's like being perma-banned, but you can still come back and start anew.  That's downright cold, and I doubt that anyone will come back if they suffer that fate.  And there is a chance of you guys falsely accusing someone of X-Ray when they just got extremely lucky and hit an extremely-rare 32-diamond vein (4 8-diamond veins meeting at a point in the middle of 4 chunks, due to how diamonds work).  Even though this case is extremely rare, it could happen.

Offline cjm721

• [FORUM BANNED]
  • Cheese
    • View profile
« Reply #13 on: 28 June 2012, 03:52:09 PM »
Pup us have many ways. And dining four veins like that would cause us to look yes but we notice location also.

Offline Pupdude

• Member of Parliament
  • Villager
    • View profile
« Reply #14 on: 28 June 2012, 04:40:20 PM »
It's still not right, they are being punished severely on the first offense, and it is similar to being banned on the first offense.  They probably won't come back after that because they have lost everything they had.  I've had that feeling before, and it makes you want to quit (Luckily, Air got me to stay by offering compensation, but it was still pretty damn horrible).  This method would do more harm than good, and it is Disproportionate Retribution.

Offline Akomine

• Cheese
  • Meep Meep
    • View profile
« Reply #15 on: 28 June 2012, 05:25:04 PM »
I'm not changing the way we deal with xraying. We are still the most forgiving server I know of for first offences, don't worry.

Offline Islid

• Cheese
  • Time Traveller Extraordinare
    • View profile
« Reply #16 on: 28 June 2012, 05:41:40 PM »
I dunno... I know on the old server we used to do this thing where people that got caught Xraying were sent to another world that was generated almost exactly the same, except that all of the minerals in the world were removed, lol. They were forced to cut down trees and harvest animals for money to buy the materials off of the market. :P There were a couple people that stayed, but most got fed up and left after that.

Oh, and they lost all of their stuff in the other worlds too.

I don't personally see a problem with doing that, since the effects of x-raying go beyond just the minerals that are mined. Deaths are avoided, additional minerals are gained faster, more money is earned that's spent on building supplies for houses... the effects are too large to just say "Oh, we're going to take everything you x-rayed for." That doesn't even factor in most of what that stuff went to.

Just my two bits, though. :P

• Member of Parliament
  • Cheese
    • View profile
« Reply #17 on: 28 June 2012, 07:42:38 PM »
It's still not right, they are being punished severely on the first offense, and it is similar to being banned on the first offense.  They probably won't come back after that because they have lost everything they had.  I've had that feeling before, and it makes you want to quit (Luckily, Air got me to stay by offering compensation, but it was still pretty damn horrible).  This method would do more harm than good, and it is Disproportionate Retribution.
So you x-rayed? lol... told you ppl that x-ray would be against this.

Offline Pupdude

• Member of Parliament
  • Villager
    • View profile
« Reply #18 on: 28 June 2012, 09:58:09 PM »
I've never x-rayed, I'm just saying it's pretty damn harsh for a first offense.

I know that Artic x-rayed frequently.  He got off free on the first offense on the high seas server.  I was also accused of x-raying, but that was because he left diamond ores behind for me.