Author Topic: Make A new map for 1.3  (Read 16374 times)

Offline Rainy_Turtloid (OP)

• Cheese
  • Llamas: 0
  • Turtles are incredible
    • View profile
Make A new map for 1.3
« on: 23 June 2012, 03:24:05 PM »
GUYS AKO SAID NO. :D

MOB ARENA!!!!!!!

Akomine I really suggest you make a new map for 1.3. You can border it and many people are asking for it considering all the corruption. It could also reduce the bandwith on an already screwed up map. You can also bring back in the stuff you wanna keep using world edit so you won't loose anything.

ISLID the Whore describing a sluts  idea with correct grammar!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Here's the explanation if anyone was interested:

The proposed idea in full was that the current map, being old and corrupted from several different layers of old and new generation techniques, be saved for a short period of time and either clipped down with borders put on it or regenerated entirely awhile after this transition. It would then be set aside as either the "retro" or "main" maps, in a setup where people could traverse through a series of maps that contain different rules and powers for people. There would be a new Creative map, with flat lands where people could make pixel art or build impressive houses without worry of limited materials, a new survival-based map where the only goal is survival, not necessarily a village, and a village-centric map with little to no PVP and possibly limited creative powers for people who have earned it (a special new rank).

I have ideas for a ranking system to make this compatible, if you're interested in hearing about it.

tl;dr - The old map can of course still stay, I wouldn't even begin to suggest that it just be wiped out completely. New maps would be added for other gameplay styles. Old map would be truncated. Thoughts?

Sincerely,
Air
Islid The Whore

And lets kill islid :D
« Last Edit: 26 June 2012, 04:15:46 PM by Rainy_Turtloid »

Offline Islid

• Cheese
  • Time Traveller Extraordinare
    • View profile
Re: Make A new map for 1.3
« Reply #1 on: 23 June 2012, 03:29:56 PM »
I highly support this! :P

Offline boylink

• Cheese
    • View profile
« Reply #2 on: 23 June 2012, 04:27:36 PM »
But then I'll lose my village. :(

Offline cjm721

• [FORUM BANNED]
  • Cheese
    • View profile
« Reply #3 on: 23 June 2012, 05:30:43 PM »
Many? I have not seen much talk. Anyways if it's because you want the new temples they will be in newly generated areas.

Second a lot of villages are where they are because of how the generation was switching the areas to the new coding would screw up a lot and copy/paste would not make it look right.

Offline DarkenedAngel

• Member of Parliament
  • Cheese
    • View profile
« Reply #4 on: 23 June 2012, 08:14:18 PM »
I would only be ok with this if i could get my village copied over... and would quit if not >.>...

Offline digdug68

• Member of Parliament
  • Villager
    • View profile
« Reply #5 on: 23 June 2012, 09:12:07 PM »
I have to agree with Darken =/

Offline Airbongo

• Staff Member | Administrator
  • Cheese
  • Llamas: 69
  • Eh, what's up, doc?
    • View profile
« Reply #6 on: 23 June 2012, 09:58:49 PM »
This was not Rainy's idea so dont start hating on the poor bastard lol  8) He just made the post, it was Islid's idea and mine.

Ako is away so we can't talk to him about it, but I guess we would copy villages with world edit and then paste them.

Offline cjm721

• [FORUM BANNED]
  • Cheese
    • View profile
« Reply #7 on: 23 June 2012, 10:51:00 PM »
How would you deal with biomes air? The new seed generation changes what is where. Take look nears jan village, the desert next to swamp with a jungle in the middle (chunk lines not normal). Now resetting the world be a good idea but everything is on the method.

The best thing I could think of was that we run a multiverse style for a bit and allow travel between both to request and show admins where to cut and paste (now on that will chest contense be kept and as a side note lockette should be fine as the sign is the database unlike wrr where server database on location and frequency). We would need to keep the old world around as members that have been away for a while don't lose their stuff. But after the first week make it only admin accesable (then have admin teleport in when a request is made for a transfer).

As a side note can also use it as a major server update and clean up, just making all the shops again be a bitch unless it's saved with a world edit paste.

Either way it's the method that is needed to looked at the most not that if we should.

• Cheese
  • Turtles are incredible
    • View profile
« Reply #8 on: 23 June 2012, 11:20:08 PM »
Serious the 1.2.5 map is to corrupted. The Good villages stay (DarkKingdom, BLISS, ANglin, Utopia, etc) While the others must go. It will be better overall. I vote yes for this. Also, Daddy, I also helped invent the idea :) good night all!

Didnt know the corruption was fixed...
« Last Edit: 26 June 2012, 04:21:06 PM by Rainy_Turtloid »

Offline Akomine

• Cheese
  • Llamas: 666
  • Meep Meep
    • View profile
« Reply #9 on: 23 June 2012, 11:39:54 PM »
The task of copying and pasting "good" towns into an all-new map is so insane it's almost impossible.

It would take a fucking HUGE amount of persuasion for me to say yes to this.

So, I say:
No.

Ako is gay and has superaids - Air

Offline funnyjoshua

• Villager
    • View profile
« Reply #10 on: 24 June 2012, 01:25:28 AM »
But I have a small town that if taked away I'll have no items or money from my farm

Offline funnyjoshua

• Villager
    • View profile
« Reply #11 on: 24 June 2012, 01:27:24 AM »
I vote we get a plugin that allows a second world and we copy paste the spawn town and people will have a second world so everyone can keep their stuff

Offline Islid

• Cheese
  • Time Traveller Extraordinare
    • View profile
« Reply #12 on: 24 June 2012, 02:01:44 AM »

The proposed idea in full was that the current map, being old and corrupted from several different layers of old and new generation techniques, be saved for a short period of time and either clipped down with borders put on it or regenerated entirely awhile after this transition. It would then be set aside as either the "retro" or "main" maps, in a setup where people could traverse through a series of maps that contain different rules and powers for people. There would be a new Creative map, with flat lands where people could make pixel art or build impressive houses without worry of limited materials, a new survival-based map where the only goal is survival, not necessarily a village, and a village-centric map with little to no PVP and possibly limited creative powers for people who have earned it (a special new rank).

I have ideas for a ranking system to make this compatible, if you're interested in hearing about it.

tl;dr - The old map can of course still stay, I wouldn't even begin to suggest that it just be wiped out completely. New maps would be added for other gameplay styles. Old map would be truncated. Thoughts?

Sincerely,
Islid Davilas

Offline digdug68

• Member of Parliament
  • Villager
    • View profile
« Reply #13 on: 24 June 2012, 03:27:20 AM »

Sincerely,
Islid Davilas

I like this idea. Making the server a Multi-World/Multi-Task server, having a PvP world with Factions and almost entire PvP, a Creative world for random builds, and a Survival Village world like VC is already. Perhaps use VC's current Map as the survival village one? But I support this in its entirety. If we did this, we would need tremendous amounts of new Staff, since a few SMs and 3 Admins could not nearly cover 3 Worlds.
« Last Edit: 24 June 2012, 03:40:23 AM by digdug68 »

Offline Lycoris

• Member of Parliament
  • Cheese
  • Artificially Intelligent Data Anomaly
    • View profile
« Reply #14 on: 24 June 2012, 01:05:30 PM »
Blah blah blah
Tl:Dr
(Just joking, But it was a long quote so I shortened it to save space)
To be honest I don't like this Idea. I haven't seen much corruption. Then again I haven't looked for it.
Plus Dig is right, It would take a lot more mods to Keep all the worlds running together.
I think if we had more people playing on a daily basis this would be a different story. But this server seems too small to have Multi-verse Playing.
There would be significantly less players on each 'verse then there is on out Current Single 'Verse.

If you pick up what I'm laying down.

Swatted away by the world, I was atop an incredibly thin needle.
I was using the tips of my fingers to balance,
But it wasn’t until they touched you that I learned I wasn’t alone;
That alone bestowed upon me these crooked wings.
“What do you want to accomplish between life and death,” I asked,
But all you did was laugh, like an angel.
Weaving through the spaces of the hordes of buildings burning in the summer heat,
We’ll eventually descend, pulling that trigger at the very end.
And winter will cover everything.

• Cheese
  • Turtles are incredible
    • View profile
« Reply #15 on: 24 June 2012, 02:15:40 PM »
Blah blah blah
Tl:Dr
(Just joking, But it was a long quote so I shortened it to save space)
To be honest I don't like this Idea. I haven't seen much corruption. Then again I haven't looked for it.
Plus Dig is right, It would take a lot more mods to Keep all the worlds running together.
I think if we had more people playing on a daily basis this would be a different story. But this server seems too small to have Multi-verse Playing.
There would be significantly less players on each 'verse then there is on out Current Single 'Verse.

If you pick up what I'm laying down.

It is small because it is getting BORING without HUNGERGAMES, MOB ARENA, WARHUB, etc.
And for the more moderators issue. Me like many others would be MORE than glad to volunteer (:
« Last Edit: 24 June 2012, 02:20:15 PM by Rainy_Turtloid »

Offline Akomine

• Cheese
  • Meep Meep
    • View profile
« Reply #16 on: 24 June 2012, 02:31:48 PM »
1. There is no 'more moderators' issue.

2. We are considering more plugins, but more plugins come at a huge cost.

3. I don't think the corruption is bad anymore, since we finally figured out what was eating all of our memory and fixed it.

4. I've let Air know that I would not support a multiverse on VillageCraft, except if we ever needed to move to a new map in an extreme case.

5. Cheese.

Offline Airbongo

• Cheese
  • Eh, what's up, doc?
    • View profile
« Reply #17 on: 24 June 2012, 02:50:23 PM »

3. I don't think the corruption is bad anymore, since we finally figured out what was eating all of our memory and fixed it.

4. I've let Air know that I would not support a multiverse on VillageCraft, except if we ever needed to move to a new map in an extreme case.

5. Cheese.

Cheese indeed

• Cheese
  • Turtles are incredible
    • View profile
« Reply #18 on: 24 June 2012, 06:41:20 PM »

5. Cheese.

Then add more plugins. Survival games, Mob Arena, Warhub, etc just to name a few.

Offline cjm721

• [FORUM BANNED]
  • Cheese
    • View profile
« Reply #19 on: 24 June 2012, 08:03:48 PM »
Plugins are not as simple as a just drop and they work fine. They take up resources which is not unlimited. Multiverse programs take up a ton of resources especially if they have different permissions. Now if we had a larger donating player base we could afford to get a better server (from $5 to $1000s per month with huge quality differences)

Also most "curruption" is just reloaded chunks and not curruption. But deleting old chunks on edge of map as a clean up of data would be a good idea if we could find time.

As a second note Ako does have final say so don't try and push things on the no way list unless it's a good logical spelled out reason why.

Offline Akomine

• Cheese
  • Meep Meep
    • View profile
« Reply #20 on: 24 June 2012, 11:54:48 PM »

Then add more plugins. Survival games, Mob Arena, Warhub, etc just to name a few.

See my new post on the Parliament Board!

Plugins are not as simple as a just drop and they work fine. They take up resources which is not unlimited. Multiverse programs take up a ton of resources especially if they have different permissions. Now if we had a larger donating player base we could afford to get a better server (from $5 to $1000s per month with huge quality differences)

Also most "curruption" is just reloaded chunks and not curruption. But deleting old chunks on edge of map as a clean up of data would be a good idea if we could find time.

As a second note Ako does have final say so don't try and push things on the no way list unless it's a good logical spelled out reason why.

Cj is spot-on. Plugins are a huge amount of work, especially when they decide to not work. Showcase is a great example. A simple update to Minecraft ruined 80% of the plugin, and the creator gave up and abandoned it. Herochat is another that completely got ruined and was abandoned. Plugins require constant upkeep, and take up resources. Multiverse is almost out of the question. We could do it, but I just dont even want to begin with it. We don't need it either. It would take away from VillageCraft in the long run if you ask me.

As for corruption? Most of that has been fixed, and it was actually caused by, you guessed it, a plugin.

And on Cj's 2nd point: while I do technically have final say on many things, I am definately no dictator. I set up this forum, and more specifically the Parliament so VillageCraft's involved players could have a say. There are indeed things on VillageCraft that, if I were a dictator, would never be on the server (*cough*MCMMO*cough*).

With that said, if you have a good idea, I'm game to hear how we could include it, but sometimes, we just can't. Keep em comin! :)
« Last Edit: 25 June 2012, 12:05:26 AM by Akomine »

Offline Lycoris

• Member of Parliament
  • Cheese
    • View profile
« Reply #21 on: 25 June 2012, 12:06:10 AM »

Weaving through the spaces of the hordes of buildings burning in the summer heat,

Offline cjm721

• [FORUM BANNED]
  • Cheese
    • View profile
« Reply #22 on: 25 June 2012, 08:22:33 AM »
Quote from: Akomine
And on Cj's 2nd point: while I do technically have final say on many things, I am definately no dictator. I set up this forum, and more specifically the Parliament so VillageCraft's involved players could have a say. There are indeed things on VillageCraft that, if I were a dictator, would never be on the server (*cough*MCMMO*cough*).

With that said, if you have a good idea, I'm game to hear how we could include it, but sometimes, we just can't. Keep em comin! :)

Benevolent dictator?

Offline Akomine

• Cheese
  • Meep Meep
    • View profile
« Reply #23 on: 25 June 2012, 12:46:36 PM »
Benevolent dictator?

Cheese dictator.

Offline Lycoris

• Member of Parliament
  • Cheese
    • View profile
« Reply #24 on: 25 June 2012, 03:03:29 PM »

• Cheese
  • Turtles are incredible
    • View profile
« Reply #25 on: 25 June 2012, 07:33:52 PM »

Offline Airbongo

• Cheese
  • Eh, what's up, doc?
    • View profile
« Reply #26 on: 25 June 2012, 08:48:23 PM »
GUYS AKO SAID NO. I don't like this Idea one bit but only posted this for Air. I am more than satisfied with the current map :D

MOB ARENA!!!!!!!

Akomine I really suggest you make a new map for 1.3. You can border it and many people are asking for it considering all the corruption. It could also reduce the bandwith on an already screwed up map. You can also bring back in the stuff you wanna keep using world edit so you won't loose anything.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sincerely,
Air
Islid The Whore

Serious the 1.2.5 map is to corrupted. The Good villages stay (DarkKingdom, BLISS, ANglin, Utopia, etc) While the others must go. It will be better overall. I vote yes for this. Also, Daddy, I also helped invent the idea  good night all!

You said that you lying whore

Offline cjm721

• [FORUM BANNED]
  • Cheese
    • View profile
« Reply #27 on: 25 June 2012, 09:14:51 PM »
Air could we just delete old areas and let them regenerate that would fix most issues I think.

As a side note for me to work on some table math how big is our current world in chunks and MBs. Because really at like 1am central I am usually the only one on and we could take down the server for a hour and use a maP editing tool to remove old areas.

If you really wanted to start new map could we have village owners make where they want to copy from and save as a schimatic and them paste where they want then they can fix the edges.

I keep fliping flopping on this one as I see both sides it's just about how much work are we all willing to put into it. But as for people who have small unknown villages is going to be the hard part because i don't want to lose their stuff.

Offline DarkenedAngel

• Member of Parliament
  • Cheese
    • View profile
« Reply #28 on: 25 June 2012, 10:34:59 PM »
Serious the 1.2.5 map is to corrupted. The Good villages stay (DarkKingdom, BLISS, ANglin, Utopia, etc) While the others must go. It will be better overall. I vote yes for this. Also, Daddy, I also helped invent the idea :) good night all!

GUYS AKO SAID NO. I don't like this Idea one bit but only posted this for Air. I am more than satisfied with the current map :D
You brown nosing liar >.>
« Last Edit: 25 June 2012, 10:40:27 PM by DarkenedAngel »

Offline Lycoris

• Member of Parliament
  • Cheese
    • View profile
« Reply #29 on: 25 June 2012, 11:23:14 PM »
I'll jump on 1 Central.
I am on CST and I am up at 1
usually Playing "League of Ponies" Though

Offline boylink

• Cheese
    • View profile
« Reply #30 on: 26 June 2012, 12:05:43 AM »

MOB ARENA!!!!!!!

Sincerely,
Air
Islid The Whore

Serious the 1.2.5 map is to corrupted. The Good villages stay (DarkKingdom, BLISS, ANglin, Utopia, etc) While the others must go. It will be better overall. I vote yes for this. Also, Daddy, I also helped invent the idea  good night all!

You said that you lying whore
Lol.