Author Topic: Maps!  (Read 1993 times)

Offline Islid (OP)

• Cheese
  • Llamas: 0
  • Time Traveller Extraordinare
    • View profile
Maps!
« on: 27 June 2012, 04:25:51 AM »
I've noticed after creating a number of maps that the maps seem to be somewhat bugged... specifically, we're at about number 68 in their creation (at least, that's what crafting gave me) and they don't register anywhere except around spawn. I'm not sure if this is because of the excess of map files, but is it possible to have the maps folder cleared out and refreshed so that we can make new, functional maps? Just curious. Thanks!

Edit: For clarification, I am talking about the in-game craftable maps, the ones made with 8 pieces of paper and a compass, not the actual map we play on. Different map topic now, lol.

Sincerely,
Islid

Offline Akomine

• Staff Member | Administrator
  • Cheese
  • Llamas: 666
  • Meep Meep
    • View profile
Re: Maps!
« Reply #1 on: 27 June 2012, 06:37:05 PM »
Silly Mojang and their endless bugs. I'll see if there is an obvious maps folder/file I can edit or reset.
Anybody against us resetting the maps, speak now or hold your peace.

Ako is gay and has superaids - Air

Offline Islid (OP)

• Cheese
  • Llamas: 0
  • Time Traveller Extraordinare
    • View profile
Re: Maps!
« Reply #2 on: 29 June 2012, 05:43:30 AM »
For an example of the brokenness of maps, in case this will help pinpoint the issue, I took this screenshot of a map I recently made of the surrounding area (when I finally found a functioning map). I logged off and back on later to pull the map out and find this waiting for me:

http://i935.photobucket.com/albums/ad197/Psitanium/ScreenShot2012-06-29at42749AM.png

Yes, that is map 86, that's how many maps it took me to find a working one.

It stuck like that and wouldn't generate the rest of the bars, no matter how many relogs I did or what I did to the map itself. The very first time I looked at it after I relogged, it showed me some map_17, but when I selected another item and went back to it, it showed me the proper map, except broken like that. Dunno what to make of that... hope this helps.

~Islid