Author Topic: What do you hate the most?  (Read 27528 times)

Offline Fuzzy_Yeti_69

• Cheese
  • Llamas: 1
  • The original Jedi Panda
    • View profile
Re: What do you hate the most?
« Reply #31 on: 1 June 2013, 12:34:36 PM »
I don't see why air always mentions religion, and you always end up falling for the bait and arguing with him.
We dun need dis shit up in here.
« Last Edit: 1 June 2013, 04:35:10 PM by Fuzzy_Yeti_69 »

Offline ChaosMushrooms

• Member of Parliament
  • Cheese
  • Llamas: 0
  • ckiens
    • View profile
« Reply #32 on: 1 June 2013, 12:53:42 PM »
« Last Edit: 1 June 2013, 01:00:23 PM by ChaosMushrooms »

Offline Airbongo

• Staff Member | Administrator
  • Cheese
  • Llamas: 69
  • Eh, what's up, doc?
    • View profile
« Reply #33 on: 1 June 2013, 01:15:28 PM »
I really don't see whats wrong with some intelligent debating on this forum...

Personally, I don't think posting all these anti-religion pictures is a way of starting a debate, you just look like a total asshole when you do it.

You think I should burn in hell for being an atheist...but I'm an asshole for posting a few humorous pics about religion?  :o

Offline Akomine

• Cheese
  • Llamas: 666
  • Meep Meep
    • View profile
« Reply #34 on: 1 June 2013, 01:55:58 PM »
1. Atheism is not a human construct. A lack of belief in a deity is the default position. Theism is a human construct, and is invented/learned.
This is why becoming an atheist after being a theist is called deconversion - you do not convert to atheism because there are no tenets, there is no dogma, and there is no belief in a deity. You do not 'believe in atheism'. "Atheism is a religion like abstinence is a sex position."

2. Yes, religion is an excuse and a shield for a huge amount of evil in the world. At the same time, many evils are not simply because of humans using religion as an excuse - they are completely unique to religion. Without religion, the world would be without many of these evils. Satire: http://www.thelapine.ca/atheist-suicide-bomber-kills-eighteen-agnostics-0

3. Buddhism, while generally considered an atheist religion (no deities), is still a religion, and still participates in uniquely evil religious bullshit: http://www.nytimes.com/2013/05/30/world/asia/religious-violence-myanmar.html?adxnnl=1&adxnnlx=1370107079-PPz00YGxVxn33CZn0Q53IA

4. Islam is a religion. Members are called Muslims.

5. Air has a beef to pick with religion, but did not call all religious people idiots (I honestly looked through the thread to see if he ever said something so stupid. He didn't, so why would anyone claim he did!?). Don't put words in his mouth. He posts things making fun of religion because he wants to make fun of religion. Religion often has an impact on pretty much everyone, and it is not immune from criticism. You are free to criticize atheism and irreligion, just as he is free to criticize theism and religion. I don't see why this topic of conversation is so taboo for some people. Religion is responsible for genocide in my country - is it not okay to criticize it? I don't understand the complaint.

Star, Air never called you an idiot at any point in this thread (or at least I can't find it), and yet you claimed he did, and seemed to use it as a basis for part your argument. Please post me the quote where he said this. You called him a "total fucking twat" though, and I could paste that quote. Also, why did you say "enough" when Air cited religion as a source of abuse against women in many parts of the world? Why exactly must he silence himself??

To everyone: if you want to discuss religion/theism/irreligion/atheism, remember that religious people tend to get very offended by it. They often consider it a conversation that is not supposed to be had. Have the conversation by all means (because nothing is immune from conversation), just tread lightly, and avoid slinging mud.

-------
I hate strawmen.

Ako is gay and has superaids - Air

Offline ChaosMushrooms

• Member of Parliament
  • Cheese
  • ckiens
    • View profile
« Reply #35 on: 1 June 2013, 04:46:56 PM »
1. Atheism is not a human construct. A lack of belief in a deity is the default position. Theism is a human construct, and is invented/learned.
This is why becoming an atheist after being a theist is called deconversion - you do not convert to atheism because there are no tenets, there is no dogma, and there is no belief in a deity. You do not 'believe in atheism'. "Atheism is a religion like abstinence is a sex position."

2. Yes, religion is an excuse and a shield for a huge amount of evil in the world. At the same time, many evils are not simply because of humans using religion as an excuse - they are completely unique to religion. Without religion, the world would be without many of these evils. Satire: http://www.thelapine.ca/atheist-suicide-bomber-kills-eighteen-agnostics-0

3. Buddhism, while generally considered an atheist religion (no deities), is still a religion, and still participates in uniquely evil religious bullshit: http://www.nytimes.com/2013/05/30/world/asia/religious-violence-myanmar.html?adxnnl=1&adxnnlx=1370107079-PPz00YGxVxn33CZn0Q53IA

4. Islam is a religion. Members are called Muslims.

5. Air has a beef to pick with religion, but did not call all religious people idiots (I honestly looked through the thread to see if he ever said something so stupid. He didn't, so why would anyone claim he did!?). Don't put words in his mouth. He posts things making fun of religion because he wants to make fun of religion. Religion often has an impact on pretty much everyone, and it is not immune from criticism. You are free to criticize atheism and irreligion, just as he is free to criticize theism and religion. I don't see why this topic of conversation is so taboo for some people. Religion is responsible for genocide in my country - is it not okay to criticize it? I don't understand the complaint.

Star, Air never called you an idiot at any point in this thread (or at least I can't find it), and yet you claimed he did, and seemed to use it as a basis for part your argument. Please post me the quote where he said this. You called him a "total fucking twat" though, and I could paste that quote. Also, why did you say "enough" when Air cited religion as a source of abuse against women in many parts of the world? Why exactly must he silence himself??

To everyone: if you want to discuss religion/theism/irreligion/atheism, remember that religious people tend to get very offended by it. They often consider it a conversation that is not supposed to be had. Have the conversation by all means (because nothing is immune from conversation), just tread lightly, and avoid slinging mud.

You said it all man :')

Offline Die_Endermen

• [FORUM BANNED]
  • Cheese
  • Llamas: -1
    • View profile
« Reply #36 on: 1 June 2013, 08:53:12 PM »
No racism intended, but ya:

Albanians

Fast food

Big time rush

People with no followers on instagram

Those big-wig rich people on VC

Noobs on toontown

People who can't use proper punctuation or grammar or not spell anything right even at 12 YEARS OLD

Offline Akomine

• Cheese
  • Meep Meep
    • View profile
« Reply #37 on: 1 June 2013, 09:19:05 PM »

Albanians

People who can't use proper punctuation or grammar or not spell anything right even at 12 YEARS OLD

::)

Offline Airbongo

• Cheese
  • Eh, what's up, doc?
    • View profile
« Reply #38 on: 1 June 2013, 09:24:46 PM »

Albanians

Fast food

Big time rush

Noobs on toontown

lul Albanians

Offline Die_Endermen

• [FORUM BANNED]
  • Cheese
  • Llamas: -1
    • View profile
« Reply #39 on: 1 June 2013, 09:53:57 PM »

Albanians

Fast food

Big time rush

Noobs on toontown

lul Albanians
And they are mad at us also. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Expulsion_of_Cham_Albanians http://www.balkanium.com/forum/showthread.php/1816-cham-issue?highlight=Cham http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cham_issue

Offline Akomine

• Cheese
  • Meep Meep
    • View profile
« Reply #40 on: 3 June 2013, 11:45:33 AM »
There are still parts of the world where women have no rights, where if a woman is r4ped it is her fault and she gets put in prison

Religion

Enough.

*Beats dead horse*
I'm not sorry if this is "offensive".

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/news/teenage-rape-victim-destined-to-be-killed/story-e6frg6n6-1226656060310
That link tells the story of a Pakistani girl who was gang raped when she was 13. Pakistan has Islamic traditions and laws. She is to be killed for her disgrace to her family.

Religion is not just an excuse. Religion is a real and true form of evil against many people. This type of evil would not happen if Pakistan were secular; there is no secular doctrine that requires rape victims to be shamed and murdered.

This in no way means I think all religious people are bad people or want this to happen, I only remind everyone that religion will always oppose reality and knowledge in some form or another, and it will always manifest in terrible and uninformed decision-making, such as we see here.

Sorry for bringing it up again (not really!), but I read about this story and it related to what was mentioned in this thread, so I decided to share.

Offline Fuzzy_Yeti_69

• Cheese
  • The original Jedi Panda
    • View profile
« Reply #41 on: 3 June 2013, 11:54:21 AM »
I found out recently that I hate a lot of the PC gaming community.
Same as Xbox live.
And PSN seems fine.

(Cue the console wars)

Offline Akomine

• Cheese
  • Meep Meep
    • View profile
« Reply #42 on: 3 June 2013, 11:58:40 AM »
Same as Xbox live.
And PSN seems fine.

(Cue the console wars)

PC depends on the game. Red Orchestra 2 / Rising Storm has been my game of choice and the community is great.
Xbox live, the few times I've played is completely full to the brim with assholes.
I have more experience with the PSN, and it is fine.

Offline JANUARYJONES

• Cheese
    • View profile
« Reply #43 on: 3 June 2013, 12:11:53 PM »
Same as Xbox live.
And PSN seems fine.

(Cue the console wars)

Console wars don't make a ton of sense to me, you like what you like. It doesn't matter which one is superior in my opinion.
The only console I am not interested in is the Xbox One and there's not a chance in Hell I will buy it.

Offline Airbongo

• Cheese
  • Eh, what's up, doc?
    • View profile
« Reply #44 on: 3 June 2013, 12:14:28 PM »
Same as Xbox live.
And PSN seems fine.

(Cue the console wars)

PC depends on the game. Red Orchestra 2 / Rising Storm has been my game of choice and the community is great.
Xbox live, the few times I've played is completely full to the brim with assholes.
I have more experience with the PSN, and it is fine.

Lol I remember fag COD kids sending me hate messages all the time after beating their asses in Black Ops 1.

Offline Akomine

• Cheese
  • Meep Meep
    • View profile
« Reply #45 on: 3 June 2013, 12:22:08 PM »
Same as Xbox live.
And PSN seems fine.

(Cue the console wars)

Console wars don't make a ton of sense to me, you like what you like. It doesn't matter which one is superior in my opinion.
The only console I am not interested in is the Xbox One and there's not a chance in Hell I will buy it.

Offline JANUARYJONES

• Cheese
    • View profile
« Reply #46 on: 3 June 2013, 12:38:40 PM »
There are still parts of the world where women have no rights, where if a woman is r4ped it is her fault and she gets put in prison

Religion

Enough.

*Beats dead horse*
I'm not sorry if this is "offensive".

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/news/teenage-rape-victim-destined-to-be-killed/story-e6frg6n6-1226656060310
That link tells the story of a Pakistani girl who was gang raped when she was 13. Pakistan has Islamic traditions and laws. She is to be killed for her disgrace to her family.

Religion is not just an excuse. Religion is a real and true form of evil against many people. This type of evil would not happen if Pakistan were secular; there is no secular doctrine that requires rape victims to be shamed and murdered.

This in no way means I think all religious people are bad people or want this to happen, I only remind everyone that religion will always oppose reality and knowledge in some form or another, and it will always manifest in terrible and uninformed decision-making, such as we see here.

Sorry for bringing it up again (not really!), but I read about this story and it related to what was mentioned in this thread, so I decided to share.

There are still parts of the world where women have no rights, where if a woman is r4ped it is her fault and she gets put in prison, where people with money can (sometimes literally) get away with murder

"According to reports the Muslim cleric raped, tortured, and murdered the young girl because he questioned the childs virginity."
NSFW Link that tells about what he did to her: http://digitaljournal.com/article/342697
"But under the strict brand of Islamic law practiced in the kingdom, men cannot be executed for killing their wives or children."

The truth hurts.

Offline Airbongo

• Cheese
  • Eh, what's up, doc?
    • View profile
« Reply #47 on: 3 June 2013, 02:46:33 PM »
I just wanna quote the article Jan posted:

According to a medical report, the little girl had been tortured with whips, electric shocks and an iron. She had broken arms, a broken back and a fractured skull. She died on October 22.

According to social worker Randa al-Kaleeb, Lama had been raped "everywhere." Hospital staff told the girl's mother that her "daughter's rectum had been torn open and the abuser had attempted to burn it closed," Agence France-Presse reports.

Al-Ghamdi was jailed for a short period, but the judge ruled that the prosecution could only seek to compel him to pay "blood money" to Lama's mother. That, combined with time served, led to the killer's freedom.
In Saudi Arabia, a US ally, people are executed by public beheading for apostasy (renouncing Islam), blasphemy, witchcraft, sorcery, adultery, homosexuality and prostitution. But under the strict brand of Islamic law practiced in the kingdom, men cannot be executed for killing their wives or children.

Insane shit, right? If you are a Christian/catholic you may be thinking "well, my religion doesn't do that kind of crazy shit" but it did...just a few hundred years ago...

Offline filletfish314

• Cheese
    • View profile
« Reply #48 on: 3 June 2013, 04:01:35 PM »
I hate people that completely hate Nintendo for no reason

Offline Airbongo

• Cheese
  • Eh, what's up, doc?
    • View profile
« Reply #49 on: 3 June 2013, 04:28:54 PM »

Nintendo is awesome. Bitches made my childhood when it comes to gaming.

Offline MossyPaws

• Member of Parliament
  • Cheese
  • bruh I'm on an all pie diet
    • View profile
« Reply #50 on: 3 June 2013, 04:39:11 PM »

Rich kids with Nintendo.
discord- katie#7438

Offline JANUARYJONES

• Cheese
    • View profile
« Reply #51 on: 3 June 2013, 05:21:52 PM »

Rich kids with Nintendo.

Huh? What?
I don't understand.

Offline quickhit3

• New Villager
    • View profile
« Reply #52 on: 3 June 2013, 06:04:22 PM »
I shall try and bring this back on track.
The thing I hate the most is.......
People that start an argument against u on a topic they think they know more about than you when you clearly know more on the topic than them.
« Last Edit: 5 June 2013, 10:07:50 AM by quickhit3 »

Offline Akomine

• Cheese
  • Meep Meep
    • View profile
« Reply #53 on: 3 June 2013, 06:35:40 PM »

According to a medical report, the little girl had been tortured with whips, electric shocks and an iron. She had broken arms, a broken back and a fractured skull. She died on October 22.

According to social worker Randa al-Kaleeb, Lama had been raped "everywhere." Hospital staff told the girl's mother that her "daughter's rectum had been torn open and the abuser had attempted to burn it closed," Agence France-Presse reports.

Al-Ghamdi was jailed for a short period, but the judge ruled that the prosecution could only seek to compel him to pay "blood money" to Lama's mother. That, combined with time served, led to the killer's freedom.
In Saudi Arabia, a US ally, people are executed by public beheading for apostasy (renouncing Islam), blasphemy, witchcraft, sorcery, adultery, homosexuality and prostitution. But under the strict brand of Islamic law practiced in the kingdom, men cannot be executed for killing their wives or children.

Insane shit, right? If you are a Christian/catholic you may be thinking "well, my religion doesn't do that kind of crazy shit" but it did...just a few hundred years ago...

And Africa. Present day.

Offline Airbongo

• Cheese
  • Eh, what's up, doc?
    • View profile
« Reply #55 on: 3 June 2013, 07:52:51 PM »

And Africa. Present day.

Indeed, negro.

Offline Tehroach

• Member of Parliament
  • Villager
    • View profile
« Reply #56 on: 9 June 2013, 01:06:00 AM »
Yer the thing I hate the most is people who try to justify, the concepts outlined in out-dated, debunked bronze age texts.

I must chime in, because I love a heated religious debate and before I begin I will tell you that I am agnostic and believe that M-Theory is a religion.

OK to believe you must be a Theist, as to be an Atheist by its very definition is to be a non-believer!
There is however sections of society that call themselves atheists, but they have a very outlined belief system; this does not highlight the fact that atheist have beliefs, No it highlights the fact that these people have given themselves the wrong label and are in fact Theists themselves, they should define themselves as agnostic as they are not atheists.
Unfortunately in our politically correct world, labels and stereotypes have almost been outlawed and it is "PC Wrong" to label people, even though most people will cling to their labels with their lives!

Oh yer, that is the other thing that I hate, "People that hide behind an idea of politically correctness and just turn out to be hypocrites!"

Offline Akomine

• Cheese
  • Meep Meep
    • View profile
« Reply #57 on: 9 June 2013, 03:58:03 AM »
Yer the thing I hate the most is people who try to justify, the concepts outlined in out-dated, debunked bronze age texts.

I must chime in, because I love a heated religious debate and before I begin I will tell you that I am agnostic and believe that M-Theory is a religion.

OK to believe you must be a Theist, as to be an Atheist by its very definition is to be a non-believer!
There is however sections of society that call themselves atheists, but they have a very outlined belief system; this does not highlight the fact that atheist have beliefs, No it highlights the fact that these people have given themselves the wrong label and are in fact Theists themselves, they should define themselves as agnostic as they are not atheists.
Unfortunately in our politically correct world, labels and stereotypes have almost been outlawed and it is "PC Wrong" to label people, even though most people will cling to their labels with their lives!

Oh yer, that is the other thing that I hate, "People that hide behind an idea of politically correctness and just turn out to be hypocrites!"

Just want to clarify the bolded part. Are you saying there are people who call themselves atheists yet believe in a deity? They are actually theists but should define themselves as agnostics? I don't quite understand.

You are right about political correctness as a shield/deflection.

Offline Tehroach

• Member of Parliament
  • Villager
    • View profile
« Reply #58 on: 9 June 2013, 10:30:19 AM »
Maybe not a deity as such! but they have their own beliefs, therefore they believe and are not true atheists!
Then people confuse these with true atheists and come to silly conclusions, like atheism is a religion.

A true atheist does not believe, but relies on evidence only.

Offline Akomine

• Cheese
  • Meep Meep
    • View profile
« Reply #59 on: 9 June 2013, 02:53:50 PM »
Maybe not a deity as such! but they have their own beliefs, therefore they believe and are not true atheists!
Then people confuse these with true atheists and come to silly conclusions, like atheism is a religion.

A true atheist does not believe, but relies on evidence only.

I think you are confusing terms, so let me clarify some things:

Theism is the belief in one or more deities.
A deity is a supernatural being/force, and the word "God" is often used in place of the word deity.

Atheism is simply not that. A lack of belief in any deities (gods).
Atheism has nothing more to it than that. An atheist with "their own beliefs" can still be an atheist, just as most Buddhists are.
I don't know what a "true" atheist is, as there is only one type of atheist: one who lacks belief in gods. Period.

Rationalism and reliance on evidence are not requirements of atheism because atheism has no tenets, they are just things that many atheists generally stick to.

Agnosticism is an epistemological philosophy that the existence or non-existence of any deity is unknown and possibly unknowable.

As such, agnosticism and atheism are completely 100% compatible, and need not be separated in every case.
I am an agnostic atheist. I also happen to rely on scientific evidence, which is how I derive my knowledge of the Universe.

If anyone can provide evidence of a god, I welcome you to show me.
I am an atheist towards all gods, so please define the god you wish to prove.

"We are all atheists about most of the gods that humanity has ever believed in. Some of us just go one god further."

Offline Tehroach

• Member of Parliament
  • Villager
    • View profile
« Reply #60 on: 10 June 2013, 12:15:25 AM »

I think you are confusing terms, so let me clarify some things:

Theism is the belief in one or more deities.
A deity is a supernatural being/force, and the word "God" is often used in place of the word deity.

Atheism is simply not that. A lack of belief in any deities (gods).
Atheism has nothing more to it than that. An atheist with "their own beliefs" can still be an atheist, just as most Buddhists are.
I don't know what a "true" atheist is, as there is only one type of atheist: one who lacks belief in gods. Period.

Rationalism and reliance on evidence are not requirements of atheism because atheism has no tenets, they are just things that many atheists generally stick to.

Agnosticism is an epistemological philosophy that the existence or non-existence of any deity is unknown and possibly unknowable.

As such, agnosticism and atheism are completely 100% compatible, and need not be separated in every case.
I am an agnostic atheist. I also happen to rely on scientific evidence, which is how I derive my knowledge of the Universe.

If anyone can provide evidence of a god, I welcome you to show me.
I am an atheist towards all gods, so please define the god you wish to prove.

"We are all atheists about most of the gods that humanity has ever believed in. Some of us just go one god further."

Ok, I am confusing terms?

An agnostic atheist you say! An agnostic is in an eternal internal debate about the existence of a supreme, being because they believe that it can not be proven either way.
while an atheist simply does not believe, you simply can not exist in these two states at the same time, unless you take the superposition of having schizophrenia.

an agnostic is in a state of "+belief +not believe"
an atheist is in the state of "-belief"

add the two together agnostic + atheist = atheism
therefore the two are 0% compatible, but because you forgot to cancel you get the out by one answer of 100%

Religion = Faith
Faith = belief in something that you yourself have no evidence for.

Buddhists while not believing in a god, are still Buddhists, they don't call themselves Atheist Buddhists, No just simply Buddhists.
Now I am talking about someone that has faith in Buddhism, not just someone that has lost faith in all other faiths and thinks, I might try Buddhism. :)

This is where my debate gets a little hard to follow, but will be impossible to follow if you try to muddy the terms.
but in the end it is right, because I don't have to shift the dictionary meaning of atheism, which was my point in my first post.
The fact people seem to believe that atheism is a belief system, and oppose to the dictionary meaning, opting to want to change the dictionary meaning rather than their understanding.
(this bring me to another pet hate, where people have the key to the easy path, but choose to make things harder because they are lazy, ie what is easier changing your mind or making everyone else change theirs? but so many choose the later because they are too lazy to change theirs! ... PS I am not referring to you personally, it is just easier to think about this in the 1st person perspective)

It is a human nature to believe in something, ie myself referring to M-Theory as a religion, while I try to follow M-Theory as close as I can, the maths in many cases is just too mind blowing for me to follow, so I choose to believe the author, simply because I just don't have the time to rework their full-time career.
Now this is where the twist comes in, even though I might have the same ideas in my mind as the author and the ideas will function the same; will come to the same conclusions etc.
Our ideas differ in their source and therefore, mine become beliefs because I don't have the first hand evidence.

This is how I came to the conclusion, while many people believe the same things as an Atheist, they simply don't have the time, can't or can't be bothered to test these ideas, therefore these ideas become beliefs within their minds, not hard facts.
These beliefs will eventually form a religion of sorts, but as there is no label for this new manifested religion, people following it (most without even knowing they are) refer to it as Atheism and this is the group I was referring too.

as for your last statement above the quote, I am agnostic, the very idea of proving a god goes against my beliefs and ultimately my religion :P

lol lol lol

piece out :)

Offline Ferreira_1

• Member of Parliament
  • Cheese
    • View profile
« Reply #61 on: 11 June 2013, 05:33:11 PM »
I hate it when I get accused of doing something I didn't do.