Author Topic: Can't login?  (Read 6452 times)

Offline Die_Endermen (OP)

• [FORUM BANNED]
  • Cheese
  • Llamas: -1
    • View profile
Can't login?
« on: 18 June 2013, 03:28:00 PM »
I just got a new PC, an iMac. I tried to log in today and it said "Cannot connect to minecraft.net". I had the correct password and username. I tried to play offline, with the bar showing my connection as 4 out of 5. It said 'Connection Lost End Of Stream'. I tried connecting with Minechat, it said  'Unable to login- The remote server returned an error: (503) Service Unavailable: Back-end server is at capacity.'

Does anyone know how to solve this, or are Mojang's servers rough?

Thanks

Offline luisc99

• Staff Member | Administrator
  • Cheese
  • Llamas: 60
    • View profile
Re: Can't login?
« Reply #1 on: 18 June 2013, 04:01:06 PM »
https://twitter.com/dinnerbone/status/347070182356815873

Also, lucky you getting an iMac! I'm saving up for one :P Is it as good as it is advertised to be?

• [FORUM BANNED]
  • Cheese
    • View profile
« Reply #2 on: 18 June 2013, 04:02:52 PM »

Also, lucky you getting an iMac! I'm saving up for one :P Is it as good as it is advertised to be?
Thanks! I hope they won't be down for long, I need to get back on!

Yes, my iMac is good. It's very fast and the sound is top-notch on here! You can also get many more things :)

Offline Airbongo

• Cheese
  • Llamas: 69
  • Eh, what's up, doc?
    • View profile
« Reply #3 on: 18 June 2013, 05:19:10 PM »

Eww Luis!! Don't get a Mac, man! D:

Offline luisc99

• Cheese
    • View profile
« Reply #4 on: 18 June 2013, 05:27:32 PM »

You are talking to a boy who had 5 blue screens a day for a year, and trying to persuade him to stick with Windows... Both my cousins have macs and whenever I have used them I have always been amazed. It's personal preference I suppose...

Offline Airbongo

• Cheese
  • Eh, what's up, doc?
    • View profile
« Reply #5 on: 18 June 2013, 05:29:20 PM »

You are talking to a boy who had 5 blue screens a day for a year, and trying to persuade him to stick with Windows... Both my cousins have macs and whenever I have used them I have always been amazed. It's personal preference I suppose...

How the hell do you get 5 blue screens a day?? D:

Offline luisc99

• Cheese
    • View profile
« Reply #6 on: 18 June 2013, 06:29:48 PM »

I have no idea, all I understood from the error log was windows tried to access a file that was already in use, and so it crashed. I think I narrowed it down to still having an inactivated version of Norton and McAfee installed at the same time...

It was very annoying. I went away for a week on holiday and when I got back it was working fine, strange!

Offline Airbongo

• Cheese
  • Eh, what's up, doc?
    • View profile
« Reply #7 on: 18 June 2013, 08:59:36 PM »

I have no idea, all I understood from the error log was windows tried to access a file that was already in use, and so it crashed. I think I narrowed it down to still having an inactivated version of Norton and McAfee installed at the same time...

It was very annoying. I went away for a week on holiday and when I got back it was working fine, strange!

Still...Macs are eww

• [FORUM BANNED]
  • Cheese
    • View profile
« Reply #8 on: 18 June 2013, 09:01:21 PM »
Nvm, its working now :)

Offline MossyPaws

• Member of Parliament
  • Cheese
  • Llamas: 0
  • bruh I'm on an all pie diet
    • View profile
« Reply #9 on: 18 June 2013, 09:09:27 PM »
I'll see you on then, Die! Later when that damn error message gets a real job other than pissing me off... On that note, I noticed Chaos had the same problem in an earlier post? I'm too lazy to reupload the actual error thingy, but did anyone figure it out?
EDIT: Along with this issue, my Minecraft is just plain not logging in!
« Last Edit: 18 June 2013, 09:14:02 PM by MossyPaws »
discord- katie#7438

Offline Tehroach

• Member of Parliament
  • Villager
    • View profile
« Reply #10 on: 22 June 2013, 10:00:16 PM »

Still...Macs are eww

Yer I am with Air on this! Macs, why? You will pay 2x$$$ for half the power, just because it comes in a pretty box!

First thing I would do is "Fuck off Norton" go with something free, AVG free, Avast or even MSSE.
then Fuck off anything in your add/remove programs that ends with "toolbar".

If problem still persists, swap out the RAM. (in my experience 99% of blue screens on 7 are RAM related)

RAM is the cheapest and IMO the most likely component to fail on your PC (excluding drop damage).
This is not a matter of if it will fail, it is just when it will fail, RAM will FAIL!
The only reason it fails more times on PC's than Mac's is because there are more PC's around (and that CHEAP PC's will usually have CHEAP RAM in them).

These days Mac's are just inappropriately priced, dressed up PC's with slower (notebook) HDD's, RAM and the previous model GPU's.
Mac's are NOT immune to failure!
The true difference between a Mac and a PC is, when a PC fails; you can fix it!
ie the time to fix a RAM issue on a PC - ~5mins (taking my time, using readily available tools)
          time to fix a RAM issue on a Mac - Unknown (Is the RAM a separate component or is it soldered to the Mobo, do you have the special clover leaf screw driver or is it a previous model with different screws, most probably you will have to take it back and wait a few weeks)

IMO if you are going to use computers and you are definitely young enough, just learn how they work :)
a few hours on youtube and you will be a guru on the latest hardware!
get an old HDD, plug it in and set it up as your master HDD and just install Windows.
once it is installed, go through all the settings msconfig, TaskMan, add/remove etc and just take note of the programs that are currently running and installed; these are the only programs that you will need, other than the programs that you want to use, that should ever be installed on your PC.
Once you learn this, anytime your computer starts to slow, just uninstall any program that looks Alien! or ends with "toolbar" and I can guarantee that you will be 99.99999% trouble free 8)

The only thing Apple has over the rest is their ability to market their product, in many cases they can sell an inferior product for more dollars, just because it has the Apple logo on it!
 (I reckon I could find an "Apple fanboy" somewhere willing to buy a turd with the apple logo on it!)

Offline Akomine

• Cheese
  • Llamas: 666
  • Meep Meep
    • View profile
« Reply #11 on: 23 June 2013, 12:37:39 AM »
The only thing Apple has over the rest is their ability to market their product, in many cases they can sell an inferior product for more dollars, just because it has the Apple logo on it!

Everything you said is so correct that I just killed a small eel in delight. And yes, Apple's biggest claim to fame is their marketing. That is it. Marketing an inferior product (and this isn't my opinion - this is just basic stats) for a higher price.

Ako is gay and has superaids - Air

Offline Tehroach

• Member of Parliament
  • Villager
    • View profile
« Reply #12 on: 23 June 2013, 02:49:22 AM »
A bit off topic, but when has Die ever stayed on-topic :) lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&v=gPYromrN7OI&feature=endscreen