Author Topic: pc being a tit, in need of constructive guidance :P  (Read 7444 times)

Offline lishman77 (OP)

• Member of Parliament
  • Cheese
  • Llamas: 0
  • reet
    • View profile
pc being a tit, in need of constructive guidance :P
« on: 20 June 2013, 06:10:47 PM »
right so i came on my pc, and it was running pretty slow so i watched tv and gave it some time coz that's worked before.. but i tried doing stuff and everything kept not responding and i checked task manager, nothing was taking up a lot of memory, i cleaned up my registry and disk a few weeks ago so i doubt its that stuff... i restarted my pc a few times and its still being a feg, i normally run minecraft at around 85-100 fps but now its going to freaking 8fps.. my solution is normally tell it to get fucked, mabey kick it, then i go watch tv but that isn't working this time D: so anyone good with technology know what i should do? :P
sound as a pound
Lish is god
Thanks Lish, appreciate it.

Did you want me to brush my teeth before the penis sucking or...?

Offline Akomine

• Staff Member | Administrator
  • Cheese
  • Llamas: 666
  • Meep Meep
    • View profile
Re: pc being a tit, in need of constructive guidance :P
« Reply #1 on: 20 June 2013, 06:28:04 PM »
Cleaning up your disk is usually okay, but cleaning up your registry can often cause unintended damage, though I doubt it is that.

Which program did you use to clean up the registry?
Which virus/malware/cheesemongrel program(s) do you have installed?
-> Do you have PCTools, Norton, or McAfee? If so, completely delete them and get a good virus program such as Microsoft Security Essentials. The three I listed are complete jokes, and can slow your computer down to a halt for no discernible reason at a completely random time (I learned this firsthand).
Which graphics card/drivers do you use and are they up to date?
Did you recently install any new hardware, even a mouse?
What about significant software?
Lastly, is your computer's fan working properly, or is your computer unusually dusty inside, or not getting enough ventilation (too close to a wall)?

Ako is gay and has superaids - Air

Offline lishman77 (OP)

• Member of Parliament
  • Cheese
  • reet
    • View profile
« Reply #2 on: 20 June 2013, 06:37:41 PM »
i used registry mechanic or something like that...
i have nortan360 at the moment and i did recently get a cheap mouse coz i broke the last one...
and my laptop overheats alot, i was gunna take it to get checked out and fixed but i spent the money on steam games and getting some more RAM on my friends pc.. but yeah it has been overheating alot lately..
sound as a pound
Lish is god

Offline Airbongo

• Cheese
  • Llamas: 69
  • Eh, what's up, doc?
    • View profile
« Reply #3 on: 20 June 2013, 06:46:19 PM »
You say you go watch tv and then come back and it is working fine again. Sounds like it might be overheating. Get two programs called "GPU Temp" (for the graphics card) and "CPU Temp" (for the processor) and then post the temperatures you get after playing Minecraft for a bit (30-50 minutes).

Offline luisc99

• Cheese
  • Llamas: 60
    • View profile
« Reply #4 on: 20 June 2013, 06:48:14 PM »
Do what Ako says, also try setting programs as different priorities such as java to real time or high to give to more of the CPU (I tried this, bluescreened soon after because my laptop hates me, shouldn't happen to you though).

Also try disabling some services running in the background, and check for useless software running if you are not using it. If there has been any software/hardware changes investigate them.

When was the last time you did a whole system scan? They take a while but are very benificial.

Any OS updates recently? Windows has a habit of being its annoying self and updating for no reason without your permission, I had one a few days ago so that could slow you down? Doubt it though...

Have you cleaned your startup directory, and only load essential programs at startup?

Also, it may look ugly but turn off Aero if you are on Windows 7, my friend says this helps but personally I dislike this method...

Also, don't kick your computer, things inside might get damaged. And don't swear at it, it might get offended ;P

Offline Akomine

• Cheese
  • Meep Meep
    • View profile
« Reply #5 on: 20 June 2013, 06:50:32 PM »
i used registry mechanic or something like that...
i have nortan360 at the moment and i did recently get a cheap mouse coz i broke the last one...
and my laptop overheats alot, i was gunna take it to get checked out and fixed but i spent the money on steam games and getting some more RAM on my friends pc.. but yeah it has been overheating alot lately..

I'd recommend you do some research on registry mechanic, because I know some of those programs delete things from the registry that should not be deleted.
Norton is awful. Consider ditching it. I recommend MSE because it is free, does not bog down your computer even during scans, and is effective.
Laptops are sluts, and... listen to papa airbo

Also consider checking your startup programs and weeding some of the non-essential ones out.

Agree with luis about not kicking or swearing. You can spit at it tho.

Offline luisc99

• Cheese
    • View profile
« Reply #6 on: 20 June 2013, 06:55:32 PM »
I'd recommend you do some research on registry mechanic, because I know some of those programs delete things from the registry that should not be deleted.

My dad has XP still, and he tried to clear the registry and the software he used declared System32 as unnecessary. I think you can guess what happened next...

Offline lishman77 (OP)

• Member of Parliament
  • Cheese
  • reet
    • View profile
« Reply #7 on: 20 June 2013, 07:06:08 PM »
i already sorted my startup programs last month, the tempurature is abit up atm because id just been playing blacklight retribution with a friend on steam :P ive looked at gpu and cpu temp ill do it all when i have time but its pretty late and ive gotta go away for the weekend tomorrow so i will do all of it when i get back. it was the people in the shop that recomended registry mech and nortan 360 to me and since they work there i just believed them, but i was like 10 or something so would anyway, i've had this laptop for nearly 5 years now so i guess if i bought it now i would have looked into it but shit happens. and i know a lot of people have trouble running minecraft on laptops even when its working fine but mine has always ran it at a good performance with the vid settings really high performance ...
the weird thing is, its always been abit hot when i play games and stuff just never this bad at performance, i have been able to play ftb a few times on it so it aint that bad of a laptop if u ask me but i hate ftb anyway and i dont know as much as you guys about this stuff so... im just taking whatever advice i can, my internet and other programs are working fine now, just seems to be steam and minecraft... weird
sound as a pound
Lish is god

Offline Akomine

• Cheese
  • Meep Meep
    • View profile
« Reply #8 on: 20 June 2013, 07:28:12 PM »
I wonder why the guys at the shop would suggest you use such a terrible piece of software such as Norton. Maybe they have some sort of contract deal with them lol.

Minecraft is another terrible piece of software, and Java, the engine that runs it is yet another terrible piece of software. It's common for the game to run bad even on half-decent computers. But to go from 100 fps down to 8 is... odd...

Offline lishman77 (OP)

• Member of Parliament
  • Cheese
  • reet
    • View profile
« Reply #9 on: 20 June 2013, 07:32:03 PM »
okay so i just started up minecraft and it did it straight away, it seems to be gradually getting better... im still gunna do all the checks and stuff though.. what i need is a mac windows does my head in sometimes and macs run faster
sound as a pound
Lish is god

Offline lishman77 (OP)

• Member of Parliament
  • Cheese
  • reet
    • View profile
« Reply #10 on: 20 June 2013, 07:37:03 PM »
y so sudden? im on 50fps now O.o
sound as a pound
Lish is god

Offline Akomine

• Cheese
  • Meep Meep
    • View profile
« Reply #11 on: 20 June 2013, 07:37:52 PM »
okay so i just started up minecraft and it did it straight away, it seems to be gradually getting better... im still gunna do all the checks and stuff though.. what i need is a mac windows does my head in sometimes and macs run faster

Now don't be a damn fool. Take the money you would pay for a mac and buy not one but TWO beast windows computers. A mac is still a computer and is not immune to problems. Knowing people with macs has taught me that macs bog down much quicker than windows tend to. Also, Steve Jobs was an asshole.

Offline Airbongo

• Cheese
  • Eh, what's up, doc?
    • View profile
« Reply #12 on: 20 June 2013, 07:55:37 PM »

You could buy an insane gaming laptop and still have money for a hooker if you buy a pc instead.

Offline lishman77 (OP)

• Member of Parliament
  • Cheese
  • reet
    • View profile
« Reply #13 on: 20 June 2013, 07:59:08 PM »
indeed he was... is there any sort of laptop you would ever consider a good laptop and good to play games and minecraft or are there any PCs/laptops i should avoid because i don't wanna end up getting something i think is good when really its just a pile. id really only use a laptop because i take my current one alot of places..
sound as a pound
Lish is god

Offline lishman77 (OP)

• Member of Parliament
  • Cheese
  • reet
    • View profile
« Reply #14 on: 20 June 2013, 08:00:31 PM »
i have an hp gaming laptop currently but ive had it for around 5 years... any better suggestions for gaming laptops?
sound as a pound
Lish is god

Offline Akomine

• Cheese
  • Meep Meep
    • View profile
« Reply #15 on: 20 June 2013, 08:09:04 PM »
i have an hp gaming laptop currently but ive had it for around 5 years... any better suggestions for gaming laptops?

Man, I should have asked you if your laptop was an HP. HPs are like portable heaters.

I've seen good ASUS gaming laptops, and the high-end Acer laptops are good for games. But someone with more experience should answer.
And Air literally isn't kidding when he says you could buy a great laptop and a hooker for the price of a mac laptop. They are extremely unreasonably expensive considering the hardware in them. The blatantly inferior operating system doesn't help either. Why do people keep buying these fucking things!? :P

Offline lishman77 (OP)

• Member of Parliament
  • Cheese
  • reet
    • View profile
« Reply #16 on: 20 June 2013, 08:17:44 PM »
yeah i just did abit research before i saw that, i saw hp were known for being hot... i heard alienware are realy good but i looked and a decent alienware one is like nearly £3,000/ $4,600 , my friend has a custom built pc he bought lots of parts for and it runs minecraft at like 1000fps and alsorts, but im not totally dedicated to gaming, im in a band, i play 2 instruments, i go kickboxing i go skating and shit so i wouldnt wanna spend too much on something when theres more things the money could go to..
sound as a pound
Lish is god

Offline Airbongo

• Cheese
  • Eh, what's up, doc?
    • View profile
« Reply #17 on: 20 June 2013, 09:59:19 PM »
yeah i just did abit research before i saw that, i saw hp were known for being hot... i heard alienware are realy good but i looked and a decent alienware one is like nearly £3,000/ $4,600 , my friend has a custom built pc he bought lots of parts for and it runs minecraft at like 1000fps and alsorts, but im not totally dedicated to gaming, im in a band, i play 2 instruments, i go kickboxing i go skating and shit so i wouldnt wanna spend too much on something when theres more things the money could go to..

Alienware is overpriced as tits. Building a PC is the cheapest option. Ako recently built a beast gaming pc for around $1k (with my amazing guidance, huehue). My PC is also custom built. Braden (C_S_B) recently bought a gaming laptop with very good specs for like $900. I don't remember the brand so i'll ask him. Definetely don't buy any of the overpriced stuff like Alienware. Here's an interesting link about Macs.
http://cdn.thenextweb.com/files/2010/09/mac01.jpg

Offline Akomine

• Cheese
  • Meep Meep
    • View profile
« Reply #18 on: 20 June 2013, 10:37:56 PM »

Alienware is overpriced as tits. Building a PC is the cheapest option. Ako recently built a beast gaming pc for around $1k (with my amazing guidance, huehue). My PC is also custom built. Braden (C_S_B) recently bought a gaming laptop with very good specs for like $900. I don't remember the brand so i'll ask him. Definetely don't buy any of the overpriced stuff like Alienware. Here's an interesting link about Macs.
http://cdn.thenextweb.com/files/2010/09/mac01.jpg

Holy fucktits, you could buy THREE or even FOUR of my beast computer (that can do anything, and do it on ultra graphics) and STILL get a half decent hooker... or buy a mac.
Holy fucksluts, you could buy a god damn car. And a computer. And a hooker. Good link.
« Last Edit: 20 June 2013, 10:59:35 PM by Akomine »

Offline luisc99

• Cheese
    • View profile
« Reply #19 on: 21 June 2013, 02:22:06 AM »
People buy macs because windows is terrible...

Offline Airbongo

• Cheese
  • Eh, what's up, doc?
    • View profile
« Reply #20 on: 21 June 2013, 04:39:41 AM »
People buy macs because windows is terrible...

No...people buy Macs because they are mindless consumers. Apples charges you insane amounts of money for standard hardware. Did you look at that link? And Windows is not terrible. My custom built desktop runs great. Those shiny $2-4k Macs will be completely obsolete in 1 or 2 years since its hard as fuck to upgrade them and their hardware is crap anyway so you NEED to upgrade them.

So yeaaah...a $2000 computer and its hardware barely qualifies as a mid-range computer...no thanks D:
« Last Edit: 21 June 2013, 04:44:00 AM by airborne101st45 »

Offline Airbongo

• Cheese
  • Eh, what's up, doc?
    • View profile
« Reply #21 on: 21 June 2013, 05:14:06 AM »
To illustrate my point, I would rather buy a plane ticket to Las Vegas for $323

then I would find a hooker and I would shove the remaining $1677 up her butthole and I wouldn't even make her blow me.

Offline SirLogiC

• Member of Parliament
  • Cheese
    • View profile
« Reply #22 on: 21 June 2013, 09:32:46 AM »
Windows PC's are good, if you know how to use them. If you don't you tend to get loaded with viruses and all these weird problems keep screwing the computer up, plus email. Apple makes it harder to screw up by just not letting you play with anything. If you just want to check email + facebook and have more dollars than sense then apple is good. If you know what your doing or want to play games then Windows is better.

For some reason people that do graphics work (3D graphics, graphic design, etc) seem to like macs, not sure why.

Joshtimasprime

« Reply #23 on: 22 June 2013, 05:02:01 PM »
A simple trick to make your pc run faster and the get rid of viruses is to delete System32. System32 is a program that holds a record of your browser history, all your deleted bookmarks and all your deleted programs. Its where your recycling bin would go if you tried to delete it. Just go into start and go to my computer, then search for "system32" and WAIT FOR EVERYTHING TO LOAD! Then simply select it and delete it. Make sure you delete all of it or your computer will become very slow because its searching for files that don't exist, but if you get rid of all of it then it won't even try to find those files because the programs that searched for them won't exist. Basically if you delete System32 then your computer will run much faster and will also have more room to store things. Because when you delete things, they aren't actually deleted for 6 months because microsoft have to keep a record of such things to make sure your not doing anything illegal or being a terrorist. Deleting System32 will also get rid of a lot of viruses because thats where virus coders like to hide them since most people don't know what system32 is. Hope this helps you with all your computer problems Sir_Logic! have fun with your new faster PC after this.

Akomine's edit: no.
« Last Edit: 22 June 2013, 05:21:36 PM by Akomine »