Poll

Why do you think admins and mods/supermods are major douches sometimes?

They're human
7 (26.9%)
They hate everyone
0 (0%)
They are immature
3 (11.5%)
They are so stressed out, they start losing their nice side.
4 (15.4%)
Other (Please post your answer)
0 (0%)
They aren't douches at all (Lies <.<)
12 (46.2%)

Total Members Voted: 23

Author Topic: Admins, Mods, Supermods, and All The Other Authority Figures That Anger You  (Read 18460 times)

Offline Pupdude (OP)

• Member of Parliament
  • Villager
  • Llamas: 0
  • I'm Sexy and I Know It!
    • View profile
Share your feelings on how the Admins/Mods/Supermods/Staff Members are treating you.
« Last Edit: 6 July 2012, 07:23:29 PM by Pupdude »

Offline JANUARYJONES

• Staff Member | Administrator
  • Cheese
  • Llamas: 1
    • View profile
Re: Admins, Supermods, and Other Abusive Political Figures
« Reply #1 on: 3 July 2012, 04:32:58 PM »
Yikes...

Offline boylink

• Cheese
    • View profile
« Reply #2 on: 3 July 2012, 04:53:11 PM »
Why did you add Ako to the list? >.<

Offline cjm721

• [FORUM BANNED]
  • Cheese
    • View profile
« Reply #3 on: 3 July 2012, 04:59:50 PM »
Btw I only made about 300k off enderpearls had most of my cash before I even had my farm built so saying this all helps just because i was the current top person on balance. If you had noticed rainy your self and a few others were skyrocketing from almost no work and we did not take your cash away for using it. Personally I would take it all away including my 300k and you can take other 300k if you want just to be sure I have many methods of making cash in ways any of you could. I just play so much more so I have alot more.

Second if your going to start this can you state the logic behind each.

1. Ako: how did removing enderpearls crash the economy? If it had been left we could of had supper inflation and the people that could use a end farm would either have unlimited resources or we have to make a cobblestone block cost 1k in the market.

2. CJ: I had to much money? If we had left the sell sign you all be passing me very shortly because I don't care about cash I just have enough to build what I want then I will spend a few days getting mats to sell then go sell in bulk. Also what powers was I using to keep myself on top?  I only think I did was use my own cash and pay jan and dark each a few 100k to keep them ahead of rainy for a while just to see his response.

3. Bl4ck: Assuming you just threw him on the list so your forgetting sound_mantra and kyromine

4. Air: please expain what you mean by stick of his ass. If your annoyed about him giving himself a ton of power in the god plugin you should realize we test things to make sure that at high levels it does not cause errors or crash the server (take a look at mctop) or back when air had something over 50milion if i remember correctly. We test the extremes and if you wonder what we are doing you can ask but don't your first comment "WTF ADMIN ABUSE HE GAVE HIMSELF 1000000000 POWER NO FAIR, I HATE ADMINS WHO ABUSE THEIR POWER LIKE YOU" which I did see last night (not from you pup but someone else goes along with this)

5. Digdug: Fell free to your opinion on that one. Might be mean at times but not a douche.

6. where are the rest of the super mods and moderators on the list?

Offline Akomine

• Cheese
  • Llamas: 666
  • Meep Meep
    • View profile
« Reply #4 on: 3 July 2012, 05:45:17 PM »
"Akomine, crashed the economy and kept CJ on top" Huh?
Me and CJ made the joint decision to remove enderpearls. This is a major fix to the economy. For what it's worth, this is also denying CJ a large income option, so he took that fall. Is the enderpearl thing even what you are talking about? I generally do things to try to keep the economy fair.

But anyways, lets see how this thread goes, I'm interested.

PS: add detail to your grievances so we can help make things better.
We're open to hear them.
« Last Edit: 3 July 2012, 07:39:51 PM by Akomine »

Ako is gay and has superaids - Air

Offline Rainy_Turtloid

• Cheese
  • Turtles are incredible
    • View profile
« Reply #5 on: 3 July 2012, 06:19:59 PM »
"Akomine, crashed the economy and kept CJ on top" Huh?
Me and CJ made the joint decision to remove enderpearls. This is a major fix to the economy. For what it's worth, this is also denying CJ a large income option, so he took that fall. Is the enderpearl thing even what you are talking about? I generally do things to try to keep the economy fair.

But anyways, lets see how this thread goes, I'm interested.

PS: add detail to your grievances so we can help make things better.
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/grievance?s=t&ld=1032 We're open to hear them.

I got a myspace advertisment on that link. I don't like advertisments >:I

Offline boylink

• Cheese
    • View profile
« Reply #6 on: 3 July 2012, 07:09:17 PM »
What is this Myspace you speak of.... Lol just kidding.

Offline DarkenedAngel

• Member of Parliament
  • Cheese
    • View profile
« Reply #7 on: 3 July 2012, 10:33:44 PM »
Do i need to come back and straighten everyone out? *flex*...

Offline FurtLimes

• Cheese
  • Dancing like DirtyDan
    • View profile
« Reply #8 on: 4 July 2012, 02:32:47 AM »
I have not been mentioned!
score. im just [M.old]

Offline Rainy_Turtloid

• Cheese
  • Turtles are incredible
    • View profile
« Reply #9 on: 4 July 2012, 03:20:34 PM »
Where is the air with a stick in his ass? That was the most voted on!!!

Offline Akomine

• Cheese
  • Meep Meep
    • View profile
« Reply #10 on: 5 July 2012, 12:45:03 AM »
Ugh, lame thread, was hoping to gain real information.

Offline Rainy_Turtloid

• Cheese
  • Turtles are incredible
    • View profile
« Reply #11 on: 5 July 2012, 01:23:02 PM »
This is for air:

Rainy after a poll is started don't change the order of them.

just Cause people think you have a stick up your ass doesnt mean you can just put pupdude in there.

Offline cjm721

• [FORUM BANNED]
  • Cheese
    • View profile
« Reply #12 on: 5 July 2012, 02:36:48 PM »
Rainy how do you know air did it?

Offline Rainy_Turtloid

• Cheese
  • Turtles are incredible
    • View profile
« Reply #13 on: 5 July 2012, 08:24:52 PM »
Rainy how do you know air did it?

Which one is removed?
The one mentioning Air. It's kinda obvious :P

Offline cjm721

• [FORUM BANNED]
  • Cheese
    • View profile
« Reply #14 on: 5 July 2012, 09:04:24 PM »
or he just decided that had nothing to do and changed it.

Offline Rainy_Turtloid

• Cheese
  • Turtles are incredible
    • View profile
« Reply #15 on: 5 July 2012, 09:16:59 PM »
or he just decided that had nothing to do and changed it.

you are a strong arguer ;)

Offline Rainy_Turtloid

• Cheese
  • Turtles are incredible
    • View profile
« Reply #16 on: 5 July 2012, 09:18:21 PM »
Ugh, lame thread, was hoping to gain real information.

Sorry to double post and make this entirely off-topic but did you not like the signature I made 4 you? I don't see you with a signature.

Offline Bl4ck_St0ne

• I NEED MORE JLAW FACIALS PLS
  • Cheese
  • Llamas: 1
  • I like cheesy bread.
    • View profile
« Reply #17 on: 5 July 2012, 09:59:03 PM »
This is a post for abusive staff.... Someone explain to me what I do that is abusive?
The Fappening will continue... FOREVER ON JLAW NUDES... FOREVER ON!

Offline Rainy_Turtloid

• Cheese
  • Turtles are incredible
    • View profile
« Reply #18 on: 5 July 2012, 10:21:31 PM »
This is a post for abusive staff.... Someone explain to me what I do that is abusive?
Black, you aren't abusive at all. I can't believe People chose you as the abusive one.

Offline Pupdude (OP)

• Member of Parliament
  • Villager
    • View profile
Sorry, I modified the thread some, now it's slightly more mature.
Also, could you lower the amount of choices in the poll to 1 please?  Can't seem to modify that.
Feel free to add choices, but I will moderate them.  No rude remarks, please.  I want this thread to be more mature.

Offline cjm721

• [FORUM BANNED]
  • Cheese
    • View profile
Changed it to one for you pup. And I would say its people sitting on a fine line and being vocal trying to put people in a bad light who are doing their job. We are human and make mistakes but people turnning around saying abuse when someone screws up over a small thing is very annoying and douchey.

Offline Pupdude (OP)

• Member of Parliament
  • Villager
    • View profile
« Reply #21 on: 6 July 2012, 07:43:31 PM »
Btw I only made about 300k off enderpearls had most of my cash before I even had my farm built so saying this all helps just because i was the current top person on balance. If you had noticed rainy your self and a few others were skyrocketing from almost no work and we did not take your cash away for using it. Personally I would take it all away including my 300k and you can take other 300k if you want just to be sure I have many methods of making cash in ways any of you could. I just play so much more so I have alot more.

You might be abusing your powers to create spawners so you don't have to go find a dungeon or something.  (You may not have this power, or may not be abusing it, this is just theoretical)
I'll try my hardest...

1. Ako: how did removing enderpearls crash the economy? If it had been left we could of had supper inflation and the people that could use a end farm would either have unlimited resources or we have to make a cobblestone block cost 1k in the market.
It starts with just the enderpearls, but soon people won't be able to sell Gunpowder, Bones, Arrows, Rotten Flesh, String, Cactus, etc.  We prolly won't even be able to sell dirt or cobble!

2. CJ: I had to much money? If we had left the sell sign you all be passing me very shortly because I don't care about cash I just have enough to build what I want then I will spend a few days getting mats to sell then go sell in bulk. Also what powers was I using to keep myself on top?  I only think I did was use my own cash and pay jan and dark each a few 100k to keep them ahead of rainy for a while just to see his response.
You do have too much money.  No way we can pass you when your making shitloads of money.
(See first quote)
Ouch, that was a little mean with the rainy part.

3. Bl4ck: Assuming you just threw him on the list so your forgetting sound_mantra and kyromine
Muted everyone, even the innocents who were quiet
And cursed me because They Like Being Douches is an option on the polls

4. Air: please expain what you mean by stick of his ass. If your annoyed about him giving himself a ton of power in the god plugin you should realize we test things to make sure that at high levels it does not cause errors or crash the server (take a look at mctop) or back when air had something over 50milion if i remember correctly. We test the extremes and if you wonder what we are doing you can ask but don't your first comment "WTF ADMIN ABUSE HE GAVE HIMSELF 1000000000 POWER NO FAIR, I HATE ADMINS WHO ABUSE THEIR POWER LIKE YOU" which I did see last night (not from you pup but someone else goes along with this)
You haven't noticed Air's Ass-Stick?  Have you been living under a rock? XD
It's not about the testing, it's when he abuses his powers outside of testing, like flying around and making me jealous and things like that.  I know it's minor, but it annoys me, and I wish he would do it somewhere else.  Flying for transport is alright with me, so is building with it, but he just flies overhead because he wants to and it gets annoying

5. Digdug: Fell free to your opinion on that one. Might be mean at times but not a douche.
That's kind of an understatement... <.<

Wasn't angry at them at the time.
« Last Edit: 7 July 2012, 02:16:34 PM by Akomine »

Offline Pupdude (OP)

• Member of Parliament
  • Villager
    • View profile
« Reply #22 on: 6 July 2012, 07:53:05 PM »
Muted everyone, even the innocent bystanders.

Offline cjm721

• [FORUM BANNED]
  • Cheese
    • View profile
« Reply #23 on: 6 July 2012, 09:52:09 PM »

You might be abusing your powers to create spawners so you don't have to go find a dungeon or something.  (You may not have this power, or may not be abusing it, this is just theoretical)
I'll try my hardest...

It starts with just the enderpearls, but soon people won't be able to sell Gunpowder, Bones, Arrows, Rotten Flesh, String, Cactus, etc.  We prolly won't even be able to sell dirt or cobble!

You do have too much money.  No way we can pass you when your making shitloads of money.
(See first quote)

It's not about the testing, it's when he abuses his powers outside of testing, like flying around and making me jealous and things like that.  I know it's minor, but it annoys me, and I wish he would do it somewhere else.  Flying for transport is alright with me, so is building with it, but he just flies overhead because he wants to and it gets annoying

So your saying because I might be using powers at my spawner is the reason?  It does not use mob spawning block it operates a different way and I started making it before I was even a mod.

First starts with ender pearls? We are trying to keep things in balance. If we had left it your cobble would have to start costing 1k a piece. Which would you rather have.

Also I worked hard for my cash I have been playing for months.

Offline Rainy_Turtloid

• Cheese
  • Turtles are incredible
    • View profile
And for those who think I skyrocketed with little or no work:
I had to not killed killed for cj for my first 300k and punch for 12 hours a day to get 300k before cj fued ended.
After that i was only getting 100k a week and resorted to buying looting III swords from bl4ck to speed up the process and it was still long.
I haven't earned 100k in 2 weeks now... I got bored of it. Also I used endstone and netherrack and stonebrick and stoneslabs, not one bit of cobble :P

Offline cjm721

• [FORUM BANNED]
  • Cheese
    • View profile
compaired to going out and mining it rain you did skyrocket.

Offline Rainy_Turtloid

• Cheese
  • Turtles are incredible
    • View profile
compaired to going out and mining it rain you did skyrocket.

Yeah I can't argue with that. If only you took it out once I got a million ;( lol That was my goal and idk how other people got so rich when i told them to dump there pearls

Offline Akomine

• Cheese
  • Meep Meep
    • View profile
I copy + Pasted pupdude's post, and added my responses in red:

I'll try my hardest...

My Response: So I'm abusive because of what I might do? Me and CJ made the joint-decision to remove them because it was a hugely problematic inflation of the server's economy. We did it for the good of the server, so fuck off. We'll put them back up for sale once everyone calms down, at a different price. And to the potential of me removing "Gunpowder, Bones, Arrows, Rotten Flesh, String, Cactus... dirt and cobble", you are just insane. I know you are making a point, but it is completely baseless, and IT IS SO COMPLETELY NOT ABUSE.

(See first quote)

My response: I do agree that admins should not be flying around people for no reason, and from the outset of this server I wanted to minimize the in-your-face "HAHA I CAN FLY AND YOU CAN't" feeling that people get from it. I'll remind the staff.

-------

Addendum: This thread pisses me off, really big time, because the staff here are not "authority figures" as the thread title suggests. We do not tell you what to do, we do not give a fuck about being police. We are not police. We are here to help you. "CJ has too much money", fuck that - CJ doesn't have enough money. The fucking disrespect in this thread is infuriating.
CJ has worked hard on this server for months to get that much money, and fucking even advised me to remove the pearl exploit from the shop. He has completely set up our new Showcase plugin, expanded the /warp help room, designed a shitload of complex mechanisms for the upcoming VillageCraft Railway system, and a bunch more. So when you come here, and make this thread bashing the staff on this server, I honestly mean this:
Fuck you.

We work fucking hard at this video game FOR YOU. We don't have to, but we do. We are just human beings who come to Minecraft to have a good time, and when we do things for other people to have a good time, and then they call us abusive for a few mistakes, or even for things that they speculate that we might do, it REALLY pisses me off.

I've put hundreds and hundreds of hours into this server for the players to have a kickass place to come play, and so has the rest of the staff. I don't get a god damn salary for my efforts, and fuck me, sometimes we (the staff) just want to play on this server we've created as regular players who don't get harassed for abuse.

Asshole, you have free speech on this server and on this forum (which most servers don't offer), but you have really pissed me off.

Lets put it behind us and play VillageCraft! Call out real abuse and harassment - I take it seriously. Insulting the staff for things like removing ender pearls from the shop - I apparently need to take that seriously too. Berating a staff member in private messages, making them want to leave the server for a while? - Lay off. Now.
« Last Edit: 7 July 2012, 03:03:06 PM by Akomine »

Offline Lycoris

• Member of Parliament
  • Cheese
  • Artificially Intelligent Data Anomaly
    • View profile
I like that post ^

Also I Don't feel mods are abusing power at all. From What I have seen They mostly Use power to keep things in order and to make sure people aren't cheating.

I Love That they stopped the selling of ender pearls. It was to ridiculous to see People gain hundreds of thousands in a few days(If that).

In the end, This thread is pointless. Nothing will change. Some people Just need to suck it up and deal with it.

Swatted away by the world, I was atop an incredibly thin needle.
I was using the tips of my fingers to balance,
But it wasn’t until they touched you that I learned I wasn’t alone;
That alone bestowed upon me these crooked wings.
“What do you want to accomplish between life and death,” I asked,
But all you did was laugh, like an angel.
Weaving through the spaces of the hordes of buildings burning in the summer heat,
We’ll eventually descend, pulling that trigger at the very end.
And winter will cover everything.

Offline Airbongo

• Cheese
  • Llamas: 69
  • Eh, what's up, doc?
    • View profile

I fly around Qualia. Wtf is wrong with that?
About this thread.
Do you think dealing with spoiled little shit kids like you is easy? Honestly, I remember when you joined the server you made this shitty cobble cubes village and you kept asking me to protect it, even after I told you it didn't meet village guidelines. Not once I was rude to you.

Staff members are not here to treat you like fucking kings. We are not here to take your bullshit (like this post). We are not your mothers to spoil you. In most servers you would be banned already for your behavior.

I am glad the your kind (Spoiled little attention seeking whores) are a minority in the server.

Sending Jan pm's insulting her like an annoying little idiot...

Quoting Ako the great "I honestly mean this: Fuck you."

Offline Rainy_Turtloid

• Cheese
  • Turtles are incredible
    • View profile
FUCK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!