Author Topic: rTriggers Suggestions  (Read 2191 times)

Offline Freelix2000 (OP)

• Member of Parliament
  • Cheese
  • Llamas: 0
  • Meow.
    • View profile
rTriggers Suggestions
« on: 10 July 2013, 12:49:56 AM »
From my experience on VillageCraft, I have seen that the server has rTriggers and uses it for many things. I also have a server that runs rTriggers, and I have found many creative things that can be done with it. Here is my first suggestion: Staff members are constantly claiming WorldGuard regions for villages for players, and it usually takes a while for them to finish. They have to flag it for PvP, greeting message, farewell (Outlands) message, and I have thought of a way this can all be done with one command, using rTriggers. The command would look something like this: /vilcreate <Village Name> <Village owner>>
This is how you can create this command in the rTriggers config file:

#Village claim alias
<<hasperm|village.claim>>=<<command-triggerer>>:oncommand|/vilcreate|override:rg claim <<param1>>$
@rg flag <<param1>> pvp deny$
@rg flag <<param1>> farewell &YOUTLANDS&c ** Pvp-&GOn. &cBuilding-&GOn.&c **$
@rg flag <<param1>> greeting &Y<<param1>>&c ** Pvp-&ROff.&c Building-&ROff.&c **$ 
@rg addowner <<param1>> <<param2>>$

Then just give staff the village.claim permission, and they will now only have to use one command for village claiming. If the village is different than usual, staff can use the standard WorldGuard commands to fix it.
My next suggestion has to do with hack protection. This would mostly protect against op hackers.

#Members in group Default, VIP1, VIP2, or VIP3 will not be able to use /ban regardless of permissions.
Default,VIP1,VIP2,VIP3=<<triggerer>>:oncommand|/ban|override:<<color>>4Nice try.

Now when Mr. Ophacker becomes op with his magical hacks, he might wonder why he still can't use /ban. You will probably be able to take care of him before he figures out how to add himself to another group. This can also be used for commands like /deop, /op, or other commands that could result in damage to the server. My next suggestion has to do with custom join/leave messages. The first thing you would want to do for this is disable the regular messages. This can be done in the bukkit.yml file. Once you have done that, add this to the rTriggers config:

#Custom join messages
<<everyone>>=<<everyone>>:onlogin|override:<<color>>3<<triggerer>><<color>>b has joined VillageCraft.

#Custom leave messages
<<everyone>>=<<everyone>>:ondisconnect|override:<<color>>3<<triggerer>><<color>>b has left VillageCraft.

And you can get cocky with your shiny owner/admin ranks

#Custom join for admins
Admin,Owner=<<everyone>>:onlogin|override:<<color>>6<<color>>lBow down, noobs, <<color>>e<<color>>l<<triggerer>><<color>>6<<color>>lhas joined VillageCraft!

Screw that, the brand on your ass takes priority since it has a physical manifestation. You belong to me, mother trucker.
Freelix is awesome.
Never argue with an idiot. They will bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Offline Akomine

• Staff Member | Administrator
  • Cheese
  • Llamas: 666
  • Meep Meep
    • View profile
Re: rTriggers Suggestions
« Reply #1 on: 10 July 2013, 01:03:22 AM »
Hey man, thanks for the suggestions. I will probably incorporate a few of them :)

Ako is gay and has superaids - Air

Offline Airbongo

• Staff Member | Administrator
  • Cheese
  • Llamas: 69
  • Eh, what's up, doc?
    • View profile
« Reply #2 on: 10 July 2013, 01:03:46 AM »
Damn, thanks man! I really hate redoing the flags every single time. Showing it to Ako, he handles rtriggers.

Offline Freelix2000 (OP)

• Member of Parliament
  • Cheese
  • Llamas: 0
  • Meow.
    • View profile
« Reply #3 on: 10 July 2013, 04:22:18 AM »
No problem, I like making myself sound smart. :P

Screw that, the brand on your ass takes priority since it has a physical manifestation. You belong to me, mother trucker.
Freelix is awesome.
Never argue with an idiot. They will bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.