Author Topic: [Advice Needed] Brainstorming Ideas for Cheese Plugin  (Read 3793 times)

Offline Noket (OP)

• Member of Parliament
  • Cheese
  • Llamas: 20
    • View profile
[Advice Needed] Brainstorming Ideas for Cheese Plugin
« on: 21 July 2013, 04:11:47 AM »
    I've had experience programming Java in the past, and have recently been exploring the Bukkit/Forge libraries, and think that learning the libraries and refreshing my Java knowledge by building a plugin would be a fun project.

What I need is suggestions. Remember: Programming is limited. I can't build an artificial intelligence, all knowing cheese entity that can fly and shoot molten cheese at people. I need to start simple. Adding blocks and recipes is simple.

I need realistic suggestions on what to add. Things I'm looking for:
    • Cheese Related Recipes that use Cheese Related Blocks
    • Cheese Related Blocks (ie: Gouda Block, Provolone Block, American Block, Cheddar Block, Blue Cheese Block, etc)
    • Rareness of these blocks, meaning which cheese is the most valuable (let the debates begin)
    • Tier two recipes (ie: align 3 wheat in a column to make noodles. then, put 3 cheddar chunks, 1 bucket of milk, 2 noodles, and 1 wooden bowl together to make two bowls of uncooked mac and cheese. then put those bowls in a furnace to cook it. 1 bowl restores 5 hearts? .. etc etc)
Just throw the ideas out there, and i'll organize them in my notebook tomorrow and start figuring out an attack strategy for this project.

Offline luisc99

• Staff Member | Administrator
  • Cheese
  • Llamas: 60
    • View profile
Re: [Advice Needed] Brainstorming Ideas for Cheese Plugin
« Reply #1 on: 21 July 2013, 05:51:16 AM »
I have been programming in Java for the past year, using Forge, making my mod featured in my signature, and have learnt never think big. Work on smaller things first, and move your way up gradually. Never jump in at the deep end. Anyway, if you set this up in a GutHub directory, I'd be happy to help out in making this mod/plugin. A second set of eyes may be useful in projects like this.

As far as ideas go, you should have a block/multiblock that curdles milk into cheese over time, and that could be how you make cheese. You could make it an item, but have a 3x3 crafting recipe of it to make a block form. Depending on how you curdle the cheese, and the time you curdle it for, depends on what cheese you get. You could also add drinkable milk, with the new forge fluids API in 1.6, and make a cheese sandwich with bread and the cheese item.

Good luck with the project, would love to see the end product. Let me know if you need any help!
Luis :D

Offline ChaosMushrooms

• Member of Parliament
  • Cheese
  • Llamas: 0
  • ckiens
    • View profile
« Reply #2 on: 21 July 2013, 05:55:57 AM »
Add tomatoes so when you combine the cheese, tomatoes and a bread you can make a pizza.

Offline Noket (OP)

• Member of Parliament
  • Cheese
  • Llamas: 20
    • View profile
« Reply #3 on: 21 July 2013, 02:25:46 PM »
Yeah, I'm bailing on this project for the moment.

I thought using Google Docs to backup my project was smart. Yeahno. The minecraft library I was working in was slowly deleted until I couldn't test any code. Shit sucks. I had finished making most of the cheese block and item id's too. I'll get back to rebuilding the mc/forge library once I'm motivated again.

Offline luisc99

• Cheese
    • View profile
« Reply #4 on: 21 July 2013, 02:57:22 PM »
Yeah, I'm bailing on this project for the moment.

I thought using Google Docs to backup my project was smart. Yeahno. The minecraft library I was working in was slowly deleted until I couldn't test any code. Shit sucks. I had finished making most of the cheese block and item id's too. I'll get back to rebuilding the mc/forge library once I'm motivated again.

If you started in 1.5" the 1.6 update will be tough. If you started in 1.6 then lucky you :P

blacka_ch33ze

« Reply #5 on: 21 July 2013, 07:11:23 PM »
why is everyone obsessed with cheese?! -_-

Offline luisc99

• Cheese
    • View profile
« Reply #6 on: 21 July 2013, 07:35:26 PM »
why is everyone obsessed with cheese?! -_-
Why are you not obsessed with cheese?!

blacka_ch33ze

« Reply #7 on: 21 July 2013, 07:37:09 PM »
hmm probably when brother eats ch33ze he barfed on my 3ds.

Offline Mason9468

• Member of Parliament
  • Villager
  • Llamas: 0
    • View profile
« Reply #8 on: 22 July 2013, 10:54:20 PM »
Add tomatoes so when you combine the cheese, tomatoes and a bread you can make a pizza.

I agree