Author Topic: Ideas for Qualia  (Read 5037 times)

Witchdoctor1

Ideas for Qualia
« on: 22 July 2013, 04:13:29 AM »
The other night, while C_S_B (aka Braden the bonerlover) and I were on, we were wandering around Qualia and I couldn't help but notice how under-developed ans sparse it seemed. We tossed around a few ideas and he suggested I post them to the forums, so here goes:

1). A notice board in Qualia. - Any player has the ability to post no more than 2 signs on the notice board, free of cost, advertising specific skillsets other players may have need of, classifieds of help wanted and job postings, and other related items. It is not to be used for spam, jokes, playing around, village advertisement (though requesting someone of a certain skillset to join a village, ie a good redstone builder, would be ok).

2). Transportation. - We have the Qualia rail system and the beginnings of Qualia Airways. I feel that, to increase the immersion and playability, we should develop this further. First, I think that there should be a fare to use the Airways and maybe a one-time train pass for the railways. Second, I think that a village owner who wants to link their village with the airways should a) create their own zeppelin dock and station and b) pay more to get that set up than a train station. To further develop the use of these two methods of transport, we should remove standard warp signs from Qualia so that players will need to use the transport systems. This will make for a much livelier and immersive VC experience.

3). A trade fare. - It is in my opinion that a trade fare should be established in Qualia where builders can rent stalls to showcase their unique builds, complete with name, affiliated villages, and pricing on displayed and similar builds. This allows for the less-experienced builders find something that they like and would like to incorporate, contact the builder, and work out a business arrangement. This also increases immersion within VC AND gives players another way to earn money. They would have to rent the stalls, of course, and would be limited on size of builds, but I think it would be fun and interesting to see what people will show off to the VC public.

4). Housing/villas/mansions on the outskirts of Qualia. - I think that another region on the undeveloped outskirts of Qualia should be created, with plots for select players to build villas. This will make Qualia seem more alive and happening, as well as beautifying the town. The plots would be at a premium price, and an application should be created where certain criteria should be met. Previous player builds should be looked at to ensure the player can build good looking structures and not just cobble cubes, of course. This will encourage newer and less-skilled players to work on their building abilities so they too can become part of the Qualia "Landed Elite".

5). A schoolhouse. - Instead of skilled players always warping around helping others, why not teach players how to build more complex things themselves? What better place to do it than a schoolhouse? A skilled player can advertise a class and charge a fee to teach other players how to build with redstone, create complex and beautiful structures, PvP basics, et al. These are skills the average MC player struggles with, and VC is no exemption. There are far too many blocky cobble/dirt/wood buildings and villages dotting the map, and I believe this will help to curb that, IN ADDITION to helping to build a better rapport and relationship among players.

6). Beautification. - I know that there are fountains, parks (although rarely visited) and other "pretty spots" around Qualia, but I feel that, for a capital city of a whole server, it is a little dull. I propose to add more potted plants, pictures, statuettes, fountains, parks, et al. to Qualia to further increase its visual appeal. Call it the Qualia City Beautification Project or whatevs.

7). Other - I KNOW that there are many other ideas floating around out there, just add on to this thread or create new ones. If the Owners, Staff and Parliament like them, then they *should* become a reality.

I know these are all rather time-consuming projects, but there are more than enough people skilled and dedicated enough to make these a reality in no time. I know I, for one, would help to build all of this, and would do it myself if no one else had the time to.

Thoughts?
Feelings?
Ideas?

...Now begins the massive shootdown of Witchdoctor's giant balloon of dreams...

"...You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one..."
-John Lennon, Imagine

Offline lishman77

• Member of Parliament
  • Cheese
  • Llamas: 0
  • reet
    • View profile
Re: Ideas for Qualia
« Reply #1 on: 22 July 2013, 05:04:39 AM »
2). Transportation. - We have the Qualia rail system and the beginnings of Qualia Airways. I feel that, to increase the immersion and playability, we should develop this further. First, I think that there should be a fare to use the Airways and maybe a one-time train pass for the railways. Second, I think that a village owner who wants to link their village with the airways should a) create their own zeppelin dock and station and b) pay more to get that set up than a train station. To further develop the use of these two methods of transport, we should remove standard warp signs from Qualia so that players will need to use the transport systems. This will make for a much livelier and immersive VC experience.

i would agree alot with removing warp signs and using more transport except alot of peoples villages with the warps are past the rails. if the rails are ever extended then i believe it would work better as further villages would be accessible from the rails. on other notes my village warp sign from the market has gone and my villagers cant get to my village unless i tpa them there. also i payed money for a warp sign, if they are removed removed, would people get any moneyz bback?

« Last Edit: 22 July 2013, 05:15:13 AM by lishman77 »
sound as a pound
Lish is god
Thanks Lish, appreciate it.

Did you want me to brush my teeth before the penis sucking or...?

Witchdoctor1

« Reply #2 on: 22 July 2013, 05:41:43 AM »
i would agree alot with removing warp signs and using more transport except alot of peoples villages with the warps are past the rails. if the rails are ever extended then i believe it would work better as further villages would be accessible from the rails. on other notes my village warp sign from the market has gone and my villagers cant get to my village unless i tpa them there. also i payed money for a warp sign, if they are removed removed, would people get any moneyz bback?

I agree with the rails, and FAR distance is another reason to utilize the Qualia Airways zeppelin warps. I would think you would get your money back for paying for a warp sign, as far as it being gone, you would have to ask a SM or A about that. Create a report and see if they don't replace it for you.

Witchdoctor1

« Reply #3 on: 22 July 2013, 05:42:59 AM »
Another idea would be to build an embassy building, where villages can put a consulate in there. Basically a room featuring unique architecture or features of their village and signs with info about it. They would have to pay for it of course, but it beats a block with a sign on it ;)

Offline luisc99

• Staff Member | Administrator
  • Cheese
  • Llamas: 60
    • View profile
« Reply #4 on: 22 July 2013, 06:10:15 AM »
I agree on the market stall idea. Maybe if we gave players a 5x5x5 or 7x7x7 area to build their stall on, they could use it for both advertising and for selling things. Here in the UK there is still quite a few stall-based markets around, and they are always nice to go to because there is so much colour and vibe and choise of products, they become much better than any shopping centre. I think we should create a new street in Qualia called Market Street where we can offer these services. They shouldn't be too expensive however, as it is only a stall and not a home or a plot, and only so much can be built in that area.

Offline MossyPaws

• Member of Parliament
  • Cheese
  • bruh I'm on an all pie diet
    • View profile
« Reply #5 on: 22 July 2013, 09:03:48 PM »
I agree on the market stall idea. Maybe if we gave players a 5x5x5 or 7x7x7 area to build their stall on, they could use it for both advertising and for selling things. Here in the UK there is still quite a few stall-based markets around, and they are always nice to go to because there is so much colour and vibe and choise of products, they become much better than any shopping centre. I think we should create a new street in Qualia called Market Street where we can offer these services. They shouldn't be too expensive however, as it is only a stall and not a home or a plot, and only so much can be built in that area.
I'm liking this idea.
All of Witch's ideas, too, seem good.
discord- katie#7438

Offline Mason9468

• Member of Parliament
  • Villager
    • View profile
« Reply #6 on: 22 July 2013, 10:52:45 PM »
I think we should expand the railways and zeplines but not have them cost money because it is a way for newer VC members to explore and found new villages and all that. The railways wouldnt be used much if it costed money tho. I agree with the Qualia Beatification Project and if u can arange it i would like to help. The market stalls is a very good idea and would help with the server economy/cash flow.

Offline CSB

• Member of Parliament
  • Cheese
  • Llamas: 1
  • I like Penguins.
    • View profile
« Reply #7 on: 22 July 2013, 11:44:43 PM »
The other night, while C_S_B (aka Braden the bonerlover)

Guys lets not derail this thread. no one cares about the ideas. I can vouch that i love boners, kthxbai

Ok, in my defense, when I visited the link i was very high and didn't realize it was the onion. Now i shamed myself. fags
FUCK YOU FGTS

Offline SirLogiC

• Member of Parliament
  • Cheese
    • View profile
« Reply #8 on: 24 July 2013, 10:31:03 AM »
Another idea would be to build an embassy building, where villages can put a consulate in there. Basically a room featuring unique architecture or features of their village and signs with info about it. They would have to pay for it of course, but it beats a block with a sign on it ;)

I would love this! My room would be amazing, what with the living tree vibe going.

I like the idea of the zeppelins but perhaps it should be reserved for "established" towns. Some dinky place with cobble boxes that pass for a village barely deserves a mention. If it is a reasonably active village, or some decent constructions or theme, then a free zeppelin port would be a nice way to acknowledge the town. Perhaps it should be applied for on the forums first? Would be a good way to get more people visiting them too, plus that would give admins time to appraise the village.

I'd donate my experience with making trees to put some around Qualia, if mods wouldn't mind. Just give details of what you want (organic vs neat, size, etc). I'd do it free of course, as long as materials are supplied.

I like the idea of expanding Qualia but I guess I like things to fit a theme. Seeing a house made of stone, then one of brick, then one of wood, etc looks really disjointed.

Market street is also a cool idea.

Offline knitefall

• Cheese
  • Fuck you, fuck you, your cool, fuck you, I am out!
    • View profile
« Reply #9 on: 24 July 2013, 01:24:37 PM »
I think we need more boners in Qualia, Parl isnt enough

Offline Die_Endermen

• [FORUM BANNED]
  • Cheese
  • Llamas: -1
    • View profile
« Reply #10 on: 28 July 2013, 10:22:54 AM »
Make a Qualia Airport also, I made a thread about it. I think there should also be an extension to the Qualia Grande with a breakfast room. I dont know if its already in there, if so, then yeah... But witch I like your thinking. There should be a subdivision maybe on the outskirts.

Offline Tehroach

• Member of Parliament
  • Villager
    • View profile
« Reply #11 on: 29 July 2013, 02:33:04 AM »
Please don't remove the warp signs as this is currently the only way to get between Qualia and my village.

Ep1cWaffles

« Reply #12 on: 29 July 2013, 08:45:36 PM »

Witchdoctor1

« Reply #13 on: 30 July 2013, 02:09:57 AM »
Please don't remove the warp signs as this is currently the only way to get between Qualia and my village.

There will be alternate methods other than just a warp sign in the Market to get to your village. The Airways or railways will be available. This encourages players to actually take part in exploring and using VC's infrastructure, instead of some magic warp from a magic sign.