Poll

To help solve Teleport Killing and the general lack of concentrated outlands PVP on the server, would you be in favor of a small, enclosed, no-bars PVP zone (Where players can go to hunt/stalk/be hunted)

Yes.
6 (46.2%)
No.
1 (7.7%)
Cheese. (Yes.)
6 (46.2%)

Total Members Voted: 10

Voting closed: 12 August 2013, 11:49:52 PM

Author Topic: [Vote!] New Hardcore PVP Zone  (Read 1703 times)

Offline Noket (OP)

• Member of Parliament
  • Cheese
  • Llamas: 20
    • View profile
[Vote!] New Hardcore PVP Zone
« on: 5 August 2013, 11:49:52 PM »
An idea Witch and I brought tossed about over steam was an idea to fix the current vastness of the outlands (and TP killing in general). The outlands are huge, and the chances of finding anybody out there is astronomical.

So, we thought that maybe we could have a small, secluded zone that confines players into a small space (No, I don't mean the arena) that allows for secrecy, hiding, hunting, etc.

Teleportation, once in the zone, would be disabled (so VIP's can't run away and players can't hide and try to teleport away). It would be a hardcore PVP zone with natural high grounds, building/tp disabled, etc (Witch mentioned a specific console game like this, but I can't recall the name of it). There could be forts, parkour challenges for the skilled pvper .. etc.

One map that comes to mind is Beaver Creek from Halo: Combat Evolved.

The cool thing about the idea is, if anybody is bored and wanted to pvp, they wouldn't have to try teleport killing to fight. They could hunt other players within the new PVP Zone.

This idea would help reduce teleport killing, because any players who are bored would be able to teleport to this zone and try to fight for better armor.

Offline Airbongo

• Staff Member | Administrator
  • Cheese
  • Llamas: 69
  • Eh, what's up, doc?
    • View profile
Re: [Vote!] New Hardcore PVP Zone
« Reply #1 on: 6 August 2013, 12:35:24 AM »
Beaver Creek and Blood Gulch, the best Halo maps :D

Offline luisc99

• Staff Member | Administrator
  • Cheese
  • Llamas: 60
    • View profile
« Reply #2 on: 6 August 2013, 04:50:47 AM »
We have PVP isle for this, but I left teleportation on because I didn't know if it being off affected the command blocks /tppos. Thinking about it, it probably won't so we could easily turn off teleportation.

As a side note, I have done all the redstone stuffs in the PVP isle, just waiting for Ako's word for it to be opened!

Witchdoctor1

« Reply #3 on: 6 August 2013, 06:56:03 AM »
Blood Gulch or Beaver Creek would be awesome. So would a large enclosed PvP tower in the veins of Ivory Tower or a complex like Lockout/Blackout (Sorry, huge Halo gamer). But yeah, there should be a couple of places like this. And it would reduce TP killing (ie. less whining on the server and less douchedumpsters taking advantage of said game mechanic from less than "experienced" gamers).